Ebb//flow; hydroton? Coco? Lava chips? Mix?

• Thread starter MRG33N
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MRG33N

what would yalll recommend on a medium for an E/F system wit cuttings in RW?

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

For E&F Hydroton in 2 gal pots. There are so many benefits with hydroton,virtually impossible to overwater. When pots are drying out they create a tropical atmosphere with in the rocks which roots love,also remember to put big airpump and airstones in the rez,1watt per gal or more thats what I did and my roots are always bright white and fuzzy. Having super healthy roots eliminates so many problems. My RW experiances have been bad but of coarse thats my fault,overwatering leading to root rot leading to ph issues just all bad. I am currently running both mediums. The hydroton in the e&f and I`m trying those RW croutons also. Handwatering the croutons and I must say they are out performing the e&f,but this is the first time I have use them I will post how they did overall for me. I really like these croutons,but the e&f virtually handles itself. I could drain to waste the croutons but I NEED to hand water so I dnt overwater them. Thats the prob w/RW and me anyways

M

MRG33N

ahh see i juss love how e/f handles it on its own i need to keep my area discrete so i dont want to make 2 3 trips a day to the basement when i cud just run it on a timer! =P but i wll look into the hydroton next run up, trying out soaked rockwool 6'x6' juss sittin in my tub this time after talkin to someone rockin a very similar run up as mine so ya

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

there is ton of records saying hydroton for ebb works great. Know a guy that places a center layer of lava rock with hydroton all around it. Ideal when it comes down to mixing make sure the drain is fairly close to one another. Dont want like an 8X8 rockwool place in a hydroton table set up. Rockwool would hold to much water and the other roots would get dried out.

Top Bottom