ebb & grow users...

• Thread starter Noworries
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Noworries

i couldn't find too much on how big you could go in a 5 gallon bucket ebb & grow setup

i am wondering if 1lb per plant is doable (if the 5gallon bucket has enough room to allow the roots to grow for a 1lb plant harvest)

wanting to get away from quantity and start going bigger, also searched some on the "krusty buckets" as an option but that will be another day of reading. (trying to stay clear of dwc)

any info is greatly appreciated:harvest:

hiboy

hiboy

In order to produce such quantities, optimum growing conditions and knowledge are key
The strain is also a deciding factor, some just wont do it
h

N

Noworries

Thanks for the input

I am wondering if it is enough room, looking at krusty buckets being two 5 gallon buckets, and i haven't found sizes on grows like heaths under current for his 4.6 pound critical mass grow

I am growing critical mass and curious as to if an appropriately veg'd critical mass plant with proper lighting, temperature, nutrients, etc would have root space issues in a 5gallon ebb bucket

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Seriously doubt they have enough space for The root mass you need.

S

Seed Buyer

I think a lb per plant would be achievable with vertical lighting and proper veg or doing a scrog w/ 1 plant per 4'x4' area.

S

smokestack23

I was running 5gal pails in RDWC systems with a strain that was not a huge yielder (more than most Kushes though) and had NO problem getting over an elbow per.
Pails were jammed solid with roots though.

N

Noworries

good info--

the 5gal rdwc info is exactly what i needed

5gal ebb & flow bucket only has like 40% of the 5 gallon space available for growth due to all the hydroton, I think

so def would have to go bigger or go dwc

i'm going to have to stop being a pansy and get dwc down i guess

S

steelyeyes

The thing I don't like, among a few, about the Ebb & Grow design is their buckets. The inner bucket it too close in size to the outer and you end up with a lot of hydroton and no room for roots. I bought some 3.5 gallon buckets that were the same size as the original 2 gallon type. I got some snap on 8" net pot lids for those. There is lots of room for roots but I can only run 10 or so of those due to the limitation of the reservoir. My first run in those is in week four of flower after a six week veg and all of my plants are over 56" tall and heavy with fluffy, sticky buds.

P

potberryfin

Its possible with one plant per bucket, make sure you have good lights and nutes. I would also recommend modifying ebb n grow and buying an air compressor with air stones for extra aeration.

B

Budshoteyes

Why would one ever design a five gallon bucket with a two and a half gallon bucket is beyond me....a good net pot lid is plenty big enough to handle the plant and tying is a must anyway!

The only advantage to some may be using the two and a half gallon for veg if veg time is short....if it's long carrying them to the five gallon sucks!

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

NOTHING grows plants like an undercurrent. We peak at 5 inches per day in stretch.

S

steelyeyes

UC is great but from reading about the learning curves on it it's expensive to get rolling with and problematic until you get everything tweaked just right. For my size of set up the ebb and flow is really working pretty well. I'm way ahead of my soil growing friend and he's been doing it a long time.

If I have more money, a better space, and a reliable backup power source....oh and a need for a lot more bud...I'd look at one again.

N

Noworries

The thing I don't like, among a few, about the Ebb & Grow design is their buckets. The inner bucket it too close in size to the outer and you end up with a lot of hydroton and no room for roots. I bought some 3.5 gallon buckets that were the same size as the original 2 gallon type. I got some snap on 8" net pot lids for those. There is lots of room for roots but I can only run 10 or so of those due to the limitation of the reservoir. My first run in those is in week four of flower after a six week veg and all of my plants are over 56" tall and heavy with fluffy, sticky buds.

When will you be done flowering? Interested on your yield with that pot combo

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

Came across the most amazing articular with 5G top drip set up. Place has 30x1000w and 25x 5G buckets(with inner too) was getting 45-52lbs of dry witch is 1.5p's+ out of each one.

Guy also use a 3" pipe for drain back. 70 gallon res. Top off and recim to bring ppms back up, done half way threw the week.

I personally own several of the 2.5G version. Hope this info helps some what...

OH almost for got to say, 10ft veg plants before flipping.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

It wouldn't be an easy task but I believe it to be very possible, if conditions were right.

homebrew420

homebrew420

an lb per is a bit lofty I think. Per light we were getting 2.25-2.4 lb per 1000w in 5 gal. These are grown in a modified ebb and grow system. Same concept slightly different design. Vertical lighting may be the key on this one.

Peace

S

steelyeyes

Two weeks or so. I'm interested as well..:)

A bit over a pound per light. Some plants were fluffy to start with. The best producers even disappointed after dry and some cure. I think I need to let them go longer even though I've had good luck with the one strain at the exact same time in flower before.

Latest posts

Top Bottom