Ebb n Flo to RDWC

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey farmers, hope your all having a laid back labor day weekend.

As some of you know I am a ebb n flo guy who dabbles between hydro and soil runs.

As of late the concept of RDWC has caught my eye. A buddy turned me on to this link, http://alienhydroponicsystems.co.uk/

Not into the DIY thing so much as I would like to be. Now I don't know if I am allowed to post a vendor link and @logic if I overlooked something in forum rules I'm sorry, just delete if inappropriate.

My question is to those farmers that are hip to RDWC and use this method. It doesn't matter to me who's product you are using, or if you DIYed it. I'm looking for tips and tricks to a successful operating setup, that does what its touted to do. I do have a chiller from a reef tank I had so rez temps wont be an issue. Also looking for info on known issues and drawbacks if any to using this method. Slime, algae, water quality challenges etc etc.

If some of you guys are using a similar system when growing trees in larger pots how do you support the plant as it bulks up. Looking at the layout of this rig I cant see how the support would work.

So please look over the systems and let me know if this system looks like it is a worthy setup. Looks nice to me but looks aren't always everything. I know some of our members are from across the Big Pond and hopefully someone is familiar with this gear. Thanks for any insight. Toke well BBQ it up and a few brewskis and have a great weekend!!

20kwDreamer

20kwDreamer

The system is called an under current rdwc. The original maker is called UnderCurrent. On ICM there is a user by the name of Snype who built one DIY and posted the instructions. I do not think it matters who you buy or build from. Personally I'd rather build it myself because I can. If I had the spare change I'd totally buy it as the UC folks seem to have stellar customer service.

Check out the UnderCurrent subforum in the Hydro section as well.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
The system is called an under current rdwc. The original maker is called UnderCurrent. On ICM there is a user by the name of Snype who built one DIY and posted the instructions. I do not think it matters who you buy or build from. Personally I'd rather build it myself because I can. If I had the spare change I'd totally buy it as the UC folks seem to have stellar customer service.

Check out the UnderCurrent subforum in the Hydro section as well.
@20kwDreamer this is a good start. Thanks for your input. I will check out that forum as well.

What I am truly looking for is feedback from peeps currently or have used this method.
I overlooked the hydro forum. Will head there right now.

Peace

Ambre

Ambre

I built my own RDWC system a few years back. I absolutely loved it except for the heat problem. If res temps get above about 70, you will have root rot bad. Since I live in the deep hot south, that was a big problem for me. A res cooler will help, but I couldn't afford one, so I went back to E&F. If you are interested, here is a link to my build thread over on ICRag (remove the spaces from the URL):
icmag. com /ic/showthread.php ?t=19373

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks @ ambre. I appreciate it.

Top Bottom