ebb n flow smartpots or smart pot lined table??

• Thread starter sleepyhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sleepyhead

so im thinking of using an ebb n flow table but wanted to get peoples opinions so whats a better idea for yield

a table lined with the smart pot material and full of coco?

or coco in smart pots? and how is the humidity going to be with a coco bed? is that going to be alot of moisture ? compaired to using just the smart pots

what size smart pots make sense to use in ebb n flow i used the 3gallon smart pots in the past and felt they were almost too big because the water line never reached the top of the smart pots where the rockwool is there was always a couple inches of coco that wouldnt get very soaked because it was above the flood line

does it make sense to just do smartpots to keep down the humidity while using drippers to soak the top layer of coco? its a small layer but i feel it would make a difference would it ? ahah

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

so im thinking of using an ebb n flow table but wanted to get peoples opinions so whats a better idea for yield

a table lined with the smart pot material and full of coco?

or coco in smart pots? and how is the humidity going to be with a coco bed? is that going to be alot of moisture ? compaired to using just the smart pots

what size smart pots make sense to use in ebb n flow i used the 3gallon smart pots in the past and felt they were almost too big because the water line never reached the top of the smart pots where the rockwool is there was always a couple inches of coco that wouldnt get very soaked because it was above the flood line

does it make sense to just do smartpots to keep down the humidity while using drippers to soak the top layer of coco? its a small layer but i feel it would make a difference would it ? ahah

lining a table really makes no sense since the purpose of the smartpot is to allow air-pruning. That is, if there isn't exposed air on the other side of the coco, you may as well use plastic.

S

Seed Buyer

Smart pot makes a 4' table liner. It is 4'x4'x12". I was gonna try one liner and just do a bed of coco but that is gonna be a shit ton of coco.

B

biggs

i use net pots in my table and it works perfrctly. just use rough grade coco coir, and your good to go. no need for liners or other shit. good luck with it.

devious d

devious d

I know its not the same but im using autopots and the top couple of inches of medium stays dry as it waters from the bottom even using coco and rockwool blocks, the roots find there way down to the water

Top Bottom