Ebb n Flow

• Thread starter 650homegrown530
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
650homegrown530

650homegrown530

About to set up a new table, 4ft x 8ft inside a 10ft by 5 ft tent, Skywalker Kush. Advanced nutrients. It will be Ebb N Flow, filling 3/4 ths as needed... this will be my first run threw of the Skywalker, im use to growing GDP, Purple kush, Bubba Kush, PurpleOG (POG).

I'm trying to figure out if i want to use 6'' rockwell cubes or 3 gallon buckets with Coco and peralite. I also am going to try the Coco Matts, I've been hearing good things? anything to keep an eye out for? I have used coco and peralite and did like the results but wanted to see what the farmers had to say on the situation. Just wanted to get my plan on the threads any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated.

650homegrown530

650homegrown530

Photos

So the GDP is the first couple of pictures and the PK is the last few

This is a medical garden, prop 215, california 420.

GDP1
GDP2
GDP3
GDP4
GDP5
Purpleog
PurpleOG2
L

LBZ Farmer

Rockwool stays wet a long time... So you have to be able to program for those intervals. not all timers will work for this. they either flood to long or you can't skip days.....

Coco you could probably set up a timer to flood once a day for 5 minutes then bump up to twice or three times a day depending you know.

650homegrown530

650homegrown530

Thanks man, thats what i was worried about and last round i actually had a hard time even getting to watering 2 times a day with them. I think im going to go with the coco but i dont know if i should use 5 gallon pots or 3 gallons pots because the full cycle is only 3 months. (1 month per gallon, right?) is the more space the better?

hiboy

hiboy

Your 3 gallon containers will work well.
Try using tomato netting horiz. when them ladies are growing. Supports all branches/ limbs. I put one about 16" above the cubes, then another one a foot or two above that.
h

L

LBZ Farmer

I love SmartPots especially for flood and drain! I have been using them for over a year and have nothing but good things to say....

between 3 or 5 gallon pots.... Go with the 5 gallon and roll the edges down a little bit to make it a 4 gallon pot. You don't need the pot to be tall especially for flood and drain, but wider is better, more root mass is better always!

I use sunshine4, super quick draining and it works great, I don't have to flush anything before I even start...

GOOD LUCK!

650homegrown530

650homegrown530

Thank you, all the input is appreciated. The smart pots sounds like a great idea but i

was very interested in the coco matts... if i do anything bigger the matt is almost

pointless? Do you think that 3 gallons with the coco matt is going to benefit the root

system the most? compared to the smart pot 5 gallons? im definitely going to try that

sunshine4, looked into it and looks and sounds good.

http://www.hydroponics-grow-light.com/SunshineMix_SunshineRainforest_SunshineSuperHydroMix.html

And thanks for that idea about the tomato netting horiz. Would you set up the netting

before or make it adjustable? Im thinking about doing some larry og and just veg-ing

for 2 weeks, then switching over to flowering for 8 weeks. i was going to set up one

after the 2 weeks of veg.... then after the 3rd week of flowering?

Top Bottom