Ec meters, to bluelab or not to bluelab?

• Thread starter Trillion
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Trillion

Should i spend £50 on a bluelab, £35 on a hanna or £25 on an adwa? Do bluelabs really never need calibrating? I must admit a five year warranty sounds rather appealing. Has anyone had any experience with these...

T

Trillion

I've done a seach but didnt get the info i want, any help?

U

ukcheesehead

Should i spend £50 on a bluelab, £35 on a hanna or £25 on an adwa? Do bluelabs really never need calibrating? I must admit a five year warranty sounds rather appealing. Has anyone had any experience with these...

i went with the bluelab after my ebay ecstick was fooked after 1 grow . happy with the bluelab. i only use mine when im putting the ec up . aslong as u remember how meny ml oer ltr of nutes u need u dont have to test each feed. and with the 5 yr warranty u cant go wrong ..

D

dna genetics

bluelab EC meters work great!
but there PH meters suck we have returned 7 or 8 of those fucking things.

stick to the EC meter we have had no problems with those for 4-5 years now!
out,
eh

T

Trillion

Thanks for the responses y'all, i don't think milwaukee's are sold by any UK hydro company,
I've gone and ordered myself a bluelab.

S

skunkypaul

bluelabs are the dogs dangly bits,ive owned mine for 7 years its been a pleasure to use

M

Mountain

Thanks for the responses y'all, i don't think milwaukee's are sold by any UK hydro company,
I've gone and ordered myself a bluelab.
Just make sure you clean the tip religiously. They sell a cleaning kit and my experience is if you take a reading and do not rinse in clean water and let dry then read again you will be off a little bit. Rinsing in distilled or RO water after use helps but best to clean. It never hurts to check against a calibration solution and no you can not calibrate it but will tell you how accurate it is. You can always use Qtips and toothpaste to clean the tip then rinse off. I used a few over a few year period, none crapped out just took me a bit to figure out the cleaning thing, and rock solid...if I cleaned regularly. I was using a GH program at the time. Pretty much bulletproof other than that.

Solidopc

Solidopc

I bought a cracking EC metre off of ebay. Works fantastic. 1 point calibration, accurate to 0.00. Never let me down, and i couldn't grow without it. This it was £16 plus P&P

I also got a great ph metre from ebay too. This one has a temperature thing on it, which can make things a bit confusing, as the ph changes with the temp of the water, but it's very accurate again and is a great help. The blulab stuff is way too expensive. £22 including P&P

When you order from ebay, just make sure it's from a british based hydro place, not some place in china or something. All the shit i've bought from places over there has been pony. Total crap.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Rinsing in distilled or RO water after use helps but best to clean.

The ph pens that I have had all said to NEVER put the bulb tip in distilled water as this will ruin the sensor.

I had the BlueLab ph truncheon thinking it didn't need to be calibrated like everyone said. They do need calibrated. Also the truncheon ph was recalled. BlueLab did replace mine with a more expensive transistor radio size/looking ph meter that works really great. So I am real happy.

I went with the Control Wizzard DipStick ec wand and it has been flawless. It was cheaper than the BlueLab and worked wonderfully.

The ph meter tips get rinsed with tap water and put some tap water in the cap and put it on until next use.

A good EC and ph that are easy to use and reliable makes growing weed a breeze.

C

cozymon

My friend swears by the Blue Lab, so you can't go wrong. Although, I've found a basic TDS meter to be even more accurate because it shows ppms. The other will probably last longer though. It's nice to have a reference point. If you can compare a new one to a tried and true one, you can see if you're on track.

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
i use a hanna and worke great for me true rinse after use i read once hear i believe put a lil bit of cal solution in the cap and store it and will last 4ever just clen it before u do mine is on point

T

thc4sim

bluelab EC meters work great!
but there PH meters suck we have returned 7 or 8 of those fucking things.

My bluelab PH meter has worked just fine for me?, when i was buying nutes last week the guy said they had been recalled and told me i can get my money back.., but im stickin' with it!, its lasted about 3 years so far..

oh yea the bluelab ec meters are good!! :icon_cookie:

:character0103:

R

Redux

I have no experience with a Blue Lab pH stick but will say their EC sticks are absolutely bulletproof...if you keep the tip clean.

Top Bottom