Ec Of My Runoff Is Lower Than What Is Going In

• Thread starter Thelight413
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thelight413

Thelight413

I have DTW setup, 4 plants in canna coco being watered on a drip system at 1.5 EC (A, B and a small amt of rhyzotonic) and the runoff from the plants is coming out around .8-1.0 EC, has anyone experienced this before? I have a brand new Bluelab ppm/EC pen and it is working fine, are the plants receiving the 1.5 EC feed despite the low runoff? I did use drip clean @ 1ml/gal with these plants in veg but have cut it out in flower... any advice/thoughts & opinions?

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I'm a hydro guy, but when my ppm drops as the water level goes down means she's healthy and earring ppm up. Also can mean to boost the ppm so it's the same, that way it's using even amounts of water and nutes

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Just means your ladies are eating. What stage are the ladies in? 1.5 EC is good, so I would just start multifeeding. They're eatin' so start giving em all you can in terms of waterings. 5 times a day is a good goal, more if you can automate it. Some guys will do 15 min on the hour every hour during lights on in a DTW setup, so just think it over. You won't risk overwatering, coco plants will take just about as much water as you can throw at them. Hence the ease of soil with the benefits of hydro. Take advantage of it, you're on track :)

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Just means your ladies are eating. What stage are the ladies in? 1.5 EC is good, so I would just start multifeeding. They're eatin' so start giving em all you can in terms of waterings. 5 times a day is a good goal, more if you can automate it. Some guys will do 15 min on the hour every hour during lights on in a DTW setup, so just think it over. You won't risk overwatering, coco plants will take just about as much water as you can throw at them. Hence the ease of soil with the benefits of hydro. Take advantage of it, you're on track :)
Well put.

Thelight413

Thelight413

We are on day 12 of flower , I have tried to feed with real high EC to even it out but the plants reacted like they were being burned so I'm just keeping it at 1.5 and will feed a few times a day instead of once, do you think with multiple feeds that my EC will start to be higher once it builds up a bit more ?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Yes, it'll stabilize. Watch your runoff for increased EC, that's when you'll want to lower the EC of your solution a little. Shouldn't be much of an issue as long as you keep an eye on things. The beauty of multifeeding is you don't run into the risk of huge EC fluctuations between feedings as the coco never gets the opportunity to have salts build up. As such, you are more able to accurately feed them without risks of burning them.

Thelight413

Thelight413

Yes, it'll stabilize. Watch your runoff for increased EC, that's when you'll want to lower the EC of your solution a little. Shouldn't be much of an issue as long as you keep an eye on things. The beauty of multifeeding is you don't run into the risk of huge EC fluctuations between feedings as the coco never gets the opportunity to have salts build up. As such, you are more able to accurately feed them without risks of burning them.
Ok thanks for your input, very much appreciated. I'll report back with my results after a few days/week of feeding multiple times.

M

mulehunter

I have DTW setup, 4 plants in canna coco being watered on a drip system at 1.5 EC (A, B and a small amt of rhyzotonic) and the runoff from the plants is coming out around .8-1.0 EC, has anyone experienced this before? I have a brand new Bluelab ppm/EC pen and it is working fine, are the plants receiving the 1.5 EC feed despite the low runoff? I did use drip clean @ 1ml/gal with these plants in veg but have cut it out in flower... any advice/thoughts & opinions?
I would drop the ppms down to 1.2 ec 600ppms Flush em once a week with a compost tea ,it will keep the salts down, healthy plants!

Latest posts

Top Bottom