ecig ok around plants?

• Thread starter dubble bubble
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dubble bubble

dubble bubble

just as titled, recently stopped smoking and switched to vaping nicotine. ive never smoked around my plants, should i treat this the same way? or would it be cool to use around the babies?

dubble bubble

dubble bubble

for sure. so its the nicotine itself thats harmful to plants?

Y

Ythor

for sure. so its the nicotine itself thats harmful to plants?

Nicotine (as nicotine sulfate) has been used for decades as a pesticide- the reason some plants produce the stuff, in fact, is to deter pests from feeding. It used to be bottled and sold as Black Leaf 40, no idea what products have it now. IIRC it's still used by "organic" farmers.

Nicotine itself is not harmful in reasonable quantities to plants.

dubble bubble

dubble bubble

Nicotine (as nicotine sulfate) has been used for decades as a pesticide- the reason some plants produce the stuff, in fact, is to deter pests from feeding. It used to be bottled and sold as Black Leaf 40, no idea what products have it now. IIRC it's still used by "organic" farmers.

Nicotine itself is not harmful in reasonable quantities to plants.
Lol so now im confused.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Ythor is correct about nicotine being used as a pesticide- however, any particulates are generally bad for plants, as it clogs up their stomata. I would smoke elsewhere, no matter what I'm smoking, or how.

dubble bubble

dubble bubble

thanks guys! i figured as much, just wanted it to be untrue:D

Y

Ythor

Ythor is correct about nicotine being used as a pesticide- however, any particulates are generally bad for plants, as it clogs up their stomata. I would smoke elsewhere, no matter what I'm smoking, or how.

But given that ecigs just vaporize the product- supposedly with no combustion- are there even any particles to clog stomata? I seem to recall the nicotine and other compounds are dissolved or suspended in glycerin or propylene glycol.

But I do agree that stuff like that should be kept outside the grow room.

dubble bubble

dubble bubble

agreed. its just hard, when youre a heavy smoker who's always in the garden

Latest posts

Top Bottom