Ecoplus 240 And Octabubblers

• Thread starter whocares
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

whocares

Can anyone help me figure out the minimum and maximum number of black octa bubbler the leader ecoplus 240 can supply?

The octa bubbler I believe are 6gph but I don't know if that's for the whole bubbler or for each supply barb.

The leader pump does 27gpm and in the tech specs I see it says maximum operating pressure is 116 psi but also says max operating pressure is 85psi.

I followed jack and planned to do 12 bubbles for 3 tables but currently am only only using 1.5 tables, 22 plants in 2 gal pots instead of 45 plants in beds.

I've been building this irrigation line and don't need to use it yet but want to play with it none the less.

I have a feeling the pump is overkill for current needs but like I said I still wanna play around with it.

S

Seed Buyer

It will be fine. If you find its over kill simply plumb in a ball valve to choke back pressure. You can always plumb a psi guage at the end of your run. This will let you know precisely how many PSI you have when it running. Those gauges are only a few bucks and screw right into threaded pvc joints.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Did you read the literature on the Octabubblers? It's 6 gph per line.

27gph x 60 = 1620 gph. 6 x 8 = 48 gph per octa.

1620/48= 33.7 Octabubblers @ 0 ft. Head.

You shouldn't need pressure reducers with the hydrotronic. That will maintain constant psi and flow for you that's why you bought it. The pump is multistage it can slow down its flow. You bought nice shit man. If jack can do it you can too.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Also if may ask why you went with an irrigation system meant to water hundred plus at once when you have such a small garden...you could have spent less than 400 bucks irrigating that and not be so unsure about this equipment you saw a pro use on instagram

W

whocares

Did you read the literature on the Octabubblers? It's 6 gph per line.

27gph x 60 = 1620 gph. 6 x 8 = 48 gph per octa.

1620/48= 33.7 Octabubblers @ 0 ft. Head.

You shouldn't need pressure reducers with the hydrotronic. That will maintain constant psi and flow for you that's why you bought it. The pump is multistage it can slow down its flow. You bought nice shit man. If jack can do it you can too.

Spoke with leader and got it all figured out.

Pump does 27gpm or 1620gph
1 octabubbler = 48gph

48gphx12(bubblers)=576gph

576/60= 9.6

When looking at the flow chart ill be at 120 ft of head with all 12 bubbblers going at once.

120/2.31 (the magic number they said)= 52psi

Now i do plan on removing the washer in the bubbler so i guessed its flow closer to 10gph. That would bring the head to around 85ft which would also bring the pressure down to about 37psi.

Basically right where i want to be.

Last edited:
W

whocares

Also if may ask why you went with an irrigation system meant to water hundred plus at once when you have such a small garden...you could have spent less than 400 bucks irrigating that and not be so unsure about this equipment you saw a pro use on instagram

Sure. My last few runs i was watering several times a day in flowering. It really started to become a challenge to be available to water as often as i wanted to. Also i travel spring thru fall so it should make it much less of a burden for my girlfriend to tackle. I spent alot of time looking at peoples irrigation systems and i think its pretty clear jack has a rock solid setup. Theres are hundreds of questions and pages of answers so that saved me alot of legwork figuring things out.

Also another decising factor was the scaleability of this system. Sure im on the small side now but we have a power constraint here and this system should have no problem covering my future plans in a new location.

W

whocares

You bought nice shit man.

Thanks! Ive grown for years with bare bones basics. Hand watering, walls made of 1x2s with basically plastic sheeting for walls, no co2 and with little control over the temp and humidity.

I finally got far enough ahead and wanted something nice, a room to really be proud of. I jumped in alot of new water all at once but i dont regret a single thing. Sure i oversized in a couple aread but to be honest i personally think thats great for the future.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Sure. My last few runs i was watering several times a day in flowering. It really started to become a challenge to be available to water as often as i wanted to. Also i travel spring thru fall so it should make it much less of a burden for my girlfriend to tackle. I spent alot of time looking at peoples irrigation systems and i think its pretty clear jack has a rock solid setup. Theres are hundreds of questions and pages of answers so that saved me alot of legwork figuring things out.

Also another decising factor was the scaleability of this system. Sure im on the small side now but we have a power constraint here and this system should have no problem covering my future plans in a new location.

Yeah the system is super scalable. you can run basically what you have now as a zone, wire in solenoids and an irrigation timer or program it and you barely have to think about watering other than the maintenance. Next step is to nix the pump and run your zones on your buildings water pressure with nutrient dosers (if your waters good) and all you have to do is change your stock buckets monitor your timer and moisture and clean clean clean

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Hope it all works out holler if you have questions. hopefully some people see this thread and see what's good with setting up irrigation!

W

whocares

Yeah the system is super scalable. you can run basically what you have now as a zone, wire in solenoids and an irrigation timer or program it and you barely have to think about watering other than the maintenance. Next step is to nix the pump and run your zones on your buildings water pressure with nutrient dosers (if your waters good) and all you have to do is change your stock buckets monitor your timer and moisture and clean clean clean

The water is fuckin terrible here. I dont even drink it. Hell we dont even make our dogs drink it.

For now im gonna finish this small run, get cuts going so i can do a full 90 plant run next round, knock a few of those runs out and then hopefully move to some place much better suited for my needs. We were doing 9 lights here but its just me now so these 6 should be fine for a while. I had to cut some to make room in the power box for the ac and dehumidifier.

Also so happy to be doing co2 now. No more pumping air in from outside!!!

W

whocares

Hope it all works out holler if you have questions. hopefully some people see this thread and see what's good with setting up irrigation!

Me too! Thanks. Its been fun tho, i hate not understanding how something works and the leader people and you guys really got me straightened out in the irrigation area. Now i just got a couole small things left to plumb then on to the races with this irrigation setup.

I still have a few questions mostly with how to keep the lines clean but i think i can figure it out. Im sure after its actually up n running itll get sorted out.

W

whocares

My next little project is going to be setting up a gravity fed setup for tea and feeding aptus. I think i basically just want to do a elevated trash can connected to a garden hose and a wand.

I dunno maybe theres a better idea out there.

E

esoterra

Hey there, nice job whocares! Setup is looking good. I recently set up the exact same thing, but am installing the sprinkler zone solenoids so that I can run multiple rooms off the same pump.

I do have one question, perhaps @We Solidarity could help answer this: I have two reservoirs, one for each room. Each room has it's own solenoids, and each reservoir has it's own solenoid controlling which reservoir is feeding in to the pump. How exactly do I do the wiring to the zone controller so that the solenoid for "reservoir 1" is piggybacked to the solenoid for "reservoir 1", and same thing for reservoir 2 and room 2?

Thanks!

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Hey there, nice job whocares! Setup is looking good. I recently set up the exact same thing, but am installing the sprinkler zone solenoids so that I can run multiple rooms off the same pump.

I do have one question, perhaps @We Solidarity could help answer this: I have two reservoirs, one for each room. Each room has it's own solenoids, and each reservoir has it's own solenoid controlling which reservoir is feeding in to the pump. How exactly do I do the wiring to the zone controller so that the solenoid for "reservoir 1" is piggybacked to the solenoid for "reservoir 1", and same thing for reservoir 2 and room 2?

Thanks!

you would do exactly as you said -- piggy back the wiring for the solenoids, so that they are both firing off the same zone. Reservoir A and Zone A would both piggyback and plug into zone 1 on the timer, rez b and zone b would go to zone 2 on the timer. the "master" zone would wire to your pump relay and/or main solenoid.

E

esoterra

@We Solidarity Thank you for the instruction, the set up in this room is almost working. I have encountered one problem though - When the timer activates the solenoids that allow nutrient solution to flow from the reservoir in to the pump inlet, only a small trickle of that solution is let through. Even when manually opening the solenoid using the bleed valve, very little liquid makes it through it. Further research leads me to believe that this is because the solenoid valve requires a minimum pressure ( about 15 psi) to operate correctly, and the gravity pressure generated by a full reservoir doesn't hit that minimum.

This is where I found the information that suggests the solenoid requires a minimum pressure: http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/automatic-rain-barrel-irrigation/ and the specs on my zone valve (rainbird cp100) confirm that they operate at a pressure range of 15-150 psi.

Do you know of a way to get around this? One possibility is using a 24v ac motorized ball valve instead of zone valve, please let me know if I'm missing something.

Thanks so much!

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I still have a few questions mostly with how to keep the lines clean but i think i can figure it out. Im sure after its actually up n running itll get sorted out.

IME a disk filter works well for keeping gunk out of the lines, saved me from a bunch of clogged drip emitters when I started working with compost teas.
And when the filter gets clogged you can clean it out in about a minute.

W

whocares

A disk filter? Similiar to what i have? I currently hand feed my caps bennies and aptus.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Not quite, they're designed for irrigation systems pulling water from ponds and the like so that algae and other debris don't get in the lines. They block more and are less likely to get clogged than the one I see in your pic.

Check em out:

W

whocares

Not quite, they're designed for irrigation systems pulling water from ponds and the like so that algae and other debris don't get in the lines. They block more and are less likely to get clogged than the one I see in your pic.

Check em out:

Wonder if i could run the aptus thru it? I havent gummed up the lines yet and i dont eant to start now

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I freaking LOVE my Ecoplus 240!!! I'm about to order another one here soon.

Whats the Hydrotonic for if you don't mind me asking? I didn't know about them until recently and the site doesn't have any info on them. I've been having a hard time getting in touch with them. I sent them a message about a week ago and never heard back.

I run tea through my octa bublers and never really have any issues with lines clogging. I just make sure that I strain everything a couple of times before I put it in my rez. I picked up a couple 100 micron ez strainers a few years back just for that purpose.

Top Bottom