Ecoplus 240 And Octabubblers

• Thread starter whocares
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
We Solidarity

We Solidarity

@We Solidarity Thank you for the instruction, the set up in this room is almost working. I have encountered one problem though - When the timer activates the solenoids that allow nutrient solution to flow from the reservoir in to the pump inlet, only a small trickle of that solution is let through. Even when manually opening the solenoid using the bleed valve, very little liquid makes it through it. Further research leads me to believe that this is because the solenoid valve requires a minimum pressure ( about 15 psi) to operate correctly, and the gravity pressure generated by a full reservoir doesn't hit that minimum.

This is where I found the information that suggests the solenoid requires a minimum pressure: http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/automatic-rain-barrel-irrigation/ and the specs on my zone valve (rainbird cp100) confirm that they operate at a pressure range of 15-150 psi.

Do you know of a way to get around this? One possibility is using a 24v ac motorized ball valve instead of zone valve, please let me know if I'm missing something.

Thanks so much!

Hey bud-- I apologize for not catching that fact with the solenoids- I've never set up rezzies to open with a solenoid so that answer was sort of in the dark. You would probably have to use a zone valve same thing they use in boiler systems, something like this:

http://www.supplyhouse.com/Honeywel...onnection-Zone-Valve-normally-closed-8-Cv-24v

J

jbaroni

also had good luck with the ecoplus pumps but my new mag drive is great. much quieter

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@whocares , so I ran into some information about the Hydrotonic. Are you using it like a pump relay or strictly as a safety to keep your pump from running dry?

W

whocares

@whocares , so I ran into some information about the Hydrotonic. Are you using it like a pump relay or strictly as a safety to keep your pump from running dry?

I pretty much use it as a pump relay. Although it has saved me from the pump running dry

W

whocares

I pretty much use it as a pump relay. Although it has saved me from the pump running dry

Every time i open a valve wether its to water, fill the res to mix nutes, or open a valve to a hose to fill a bucket with mixed nutes, the hydrotronic starts the pump. When i shut a valve off it stops the pump. If the res happens to run empty the hydrotronic kicks on but soon after turns right back off to save the pump.

Super useful imo

W

whocares

Lol i accidently quoted myself. I was just trying to expand on my last post.

The Terps

The Terps

I just ordered the Eco 230 to hook up to my pump start relay and power 4 dosers and 6 octa bubblers (10 gph) per zone as opposed to running off the main line as my well water was to inconsistent. I'm setting it up to run from the main through an ro filter then a dosatron running 1.25ml per gal cal/mag into a stock tank then. I then will pump from the stock tank to my pump approximately 20ft away through the 4 dosers and another 30ft to the furthest bubbler. Any my psr I wire into my master valve on the irrigation timer and plug the pump into the psr and I'm in business.

Can I just get a confirmation that I'm on the right track or not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom