ecoplus commercial 7 air pump

• Thread starter mikeross
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeross

mikeross

is anyone running these commercial 7 pumps. They claim they are rated at 200l per min. I am looking for a pump setup that will run 14 units. They seem like the best bang for your buck which isnt always a good thing.

Does the ecoplus pump get very hot or blow out hot air? I plan to use just cheap 12" airstones and swap them every run. does it really put out 200lpm?

The hiblo 80's in my area are close to 500 with tax so buying 2 of them is out of the questions. I was thinking of 1 hiblo120 but cant find a supplier.

So just wondering if i can get away with 1 ecopolus commercial 7 airpump? If not I would love some suggestions on pump setup for 14bins while trying to keep cost down first run.

D

dusty

Do less bins on your first run and use 1 HiBlo 80...You'll spend less on power, nutrients, and equipment..but still be doing something to get somewhere and not pressure the wallet...

mikeross

mikeross

Do less bins on your first run and use 1 HiBlo 80...You'll spend less on power, nutrients, and equipment..but still be doing something to get somewhere and not pressure the wallet...

not an option... Already have the majority of the equipment to run 14 sites.

Giddeon

Giddeon

not trying to sound like an ass but doing less is always an option, I have the equipment to set up a 10 plant MPB but am starting with a 4 plant MPB to try and learn the system and how my strain reacts to the buckets.

mikeross

mikeross

going with the pondmaster ap-100. Its a little over 140lpm which should be perfect for 14 bins. The cost is the same as a hiblow80 with a little more output.

600gph

600gph

Last run I used 1 eco 7 on 16 bins...Seems to work fine...

This run 2 eco 7 for 18 bins....Seems to be working better....

Honestly if i were to do it again I dont think I would buy anything ecoplus...Just dont trust the brand...

They are a 1/3 of the price of most big air pumps...The unit runs a little warm, but i dont have anything to compare it to....Cool thing is you can leave the unit in the room and add a (snorkel) hose extending out of the room...

Dont let these guys talk you into going smaller....My first RDWC was a MPB run of 16k and 16 bins pulled around a lb per light.....

The system is pretty easy and as long as you dont skimp on the important things (chiller and a/c) you should do alright.....

mc

mikeross

mikeross

Last run I used 1 eco 7 on 16 bins...Seems to work fine...

This run 2 eco 7 for 18 bins....Seems to be working better....

Honestly if i were to do it again I dont think I would buy anything ecoplus...Just dont trust the brand...

They are a 1/3 of the price of most big air pumps...The unit runs a little warm, but i dont have anything to compare it to....Cool thing is you can leave the unit in the room and add a (snorkel) hose extending out of the room...

Dont let these guys talk you into going smaller....My first RDWC was a MPB run of 16k and 16 bins pulled around a lb per light.....

The system is pretty easy and as long as you dont skimp on the important things (chiller and a/c) you should do alright.....

mc

Thanks you for the reply... answered all my questions.

What are your thoughts on ecoplus chillers? I heard good things about them before I decided on buying it. I am running a 1/2hp chiller. I was planning on running a 1200gph pump with it but I hear the slower you pump through the chiller the easier it is to maintain lower temps? Might compare it to a 750 pump i got laying around someplace.

Do you notice any hot air coming out of that comp7? what type of air stone were you using and how big are your bins?

Any help is much appreciated brother... seems like the mpb area of the farm is slowing down.

N

noone88

Those ecoplus/activeair pumps run hot and the air that comes out of it is hot. I've never seen that 200 watt ecoplus 7 model, but I do use the Hydrofarm Activeair which does 120lpm at 110ish watts. They're all the same, just private-labeled.

It'll work fine for your setup, just make sure to divide up the air and shoot for 10lpm per airstone. Your Ecoplus 7 can handle 20+ airstones, so you'll need to find manifolds to divide up the air. If you're using the 27 gallon tubs like most of us, put 2 airstones per tub and you'll be gtg.

I run Ecoplus chillers now. They are well made and i've had no problems with them, ranging from 1/10 hp to 1 HP.

I run the minimum GPH pump rated for the chiller.

600gph

600gph

Thanks you for the reply... answered all my questions.

What are your thoughts on ecoplus chillers? I heard good things about them before I decided on buying it. I am running a 1/2hp chiller. I was planning on running a 1200gph pump with it but I hear the slower you pump through the chiller the easier it is to maintain lower temps? Might compare it to a 750 pump i got laying around someplace.

Do you notice any hot air coming out of that comp7? what type of air stone were you using and how big are your bins?

Any help is much appreciated brother... seems like the mpb area of the farm is slowing down.

We bought the jbj chiller...Like I said before I dont know if i am a big fan of ecoplus...
As far as pumping the water through the chiller (fast or slow) we have a 2 ton chiller and run 3100 gph with 8' of head so I cant tell you what the actual gph's are...
The com 7 probably runs a little warm but the air comes from outside the room via a snorkel that runs through the unit..
We use 27 gallon tough boxes and use the rubber airstones 9 per com7...
Slowing down...Well these are expensive little ventures and since everyone is looking for 2+ per light or DD holy grail of 4+ per plant maybe people are a little disapointed with the current yields...I love this system...It will be very easy to have alot of wattage and a minimum of plant #'s
Here is a link to my old thread if you want to take a look...

mc

N

noone88

We bought the jbj chiller...Like I said before I dont know if i am a big fan of ecoplus...
As far as pumping the water through the chiller (fast or slow) we have a 2 ton chiller and run 3100 gph with 8' of head so I cant tell you what the actual gph's are...
The com 7 probably runs a little warm but the air comes from outside the room via a snorkel that runs through the unit..
We use 27 gallon tough boxes and use the rubber airstones 9 per com7...
Slowing down...Well these are expensive little ventures and since everyone is looking for 2+ per light or DD holy grail of 4+ per plant maybe people are a little disapointed with the current yields...I love this system...It will be very easy to have alot of wattage and a minimum of plant #'s
Here is a link to my old thread if you want to take a look...

mc

Ah didn't know it was you MC. I saw you posting on IC*AG. Glad you're safe and growing.

G

Griz

You may want to consider a Side Channel Blower (AKA Ring Blower).

Here is a link to give you an example and some spec's.

We use these types of systems in commercial applications...

Latest posts

Top Bottom