Ecoplus Vs Elemental Air Pump Noise

• Thread starter Growin Grass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growin Grass

Growin Grass

I was making my compost tea (4 gal worth) with an ecoplus 1 air pump and a pvc bubbler setup. I built a simple pvc airlift rig for better tea and plugged in the ecoplus and it sounds like a freaking train wreck now. would the ecoplus 3 be any quieter, I feel like I might be overworking what I have, or would I be better off spending my money on a better brand pump? Anyone have experience with elemental pumps?
Cheers

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have an EcoPlus and it's like having a fucking train wrecking. Better brand pump is the best way to eliminate the noise.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Yeah I guess it doesn't make sense that I'd be overworking it going from a bubbler to an airlift after all. It was just so much more tolerable before, not quiet by any means, but now I feel like a could build a fortress around it and still hear it a block away

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I have the eco 3 and agree with @Seamaiden on noise level, I did find that a 1/4 rubber mat under the pump helps a lot. But it is still unacceptable to my taste.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Same problem, same pump. I wrapped a bungee cord around it and hung it from the ceiling and it alleviated some of the noise. Ended up having to brew in a back corner of my basement so I could sleep at night.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Same problem, same pump. I wrapped a bungee cord around it and hung it from the ceiling and it alleviated some of the noise. Ended up having to brew in a back corner of my basement so I could sleep at night.
Bubbler or airlift?

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Well haven't heard anything good about the elemental pumps yet, I forget one brand that was recommended to me but it was a buck and half and way more air than I needed. Can anyone tell me if using a diffuser or air stone at the bottom of the lift quiets it down? Gonna get started on a box for the motor for now. If I have to get a new motor I'll probably look at getting a couple smaller, quieter ones.
Thanks farm

Latest posts

Top Bottom