• Tagged users None
Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

These leaves look weird.

Medium : coco
Nutrients : 5ml MSA 5ml Canna AB 2ml cal mag 1g Epsom per gal
Ph: 5.9
Light: luxx 645 at 50% power 5 feet above canopy
Fans are oscillating and not really blowing directly on them too much.

Any ideas what this could be?
Edges of leaves curling up and twisting

Edges of leaves curling up and twisting 2
Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

Light and heat stress and judging by the dark green glossy look of the leaves to much nitrogen. Whats your temps and humidity readings?

Seems fine to me. And how is 5ml AB gonna produce nitrogen tox?

steamroller

steamroller

Got to agree with @Blastfact . 🤷‍♂️
I also notice little red dots on the leaves in the first picture? 🤷‍♂️

T

TinFoilHat

A good nutrient will have everything you need...no need to add calmag epsom etc...just causes issues. 1.2EC nute of your choice til end

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
These leaves look weird.

Medium : coco
Nutrients : 5ml MSA 5ml Canna AB 2ml cal mag 1g Epsom per gal
Ph: 5.9
Light: luxx 645 at 50% power 5 feet above canopy
Fans are oscillating and not really blowing directly on them too much.

Any ideas what this could be? View attachment 1308833View attachment 1308839
Hey, dark green and waxy is often a sign of over feeding, the leaf curl could be related & or as above says heat stress or root problems.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

High humidity or low humidity can cause leaf edges to curl aswell but I’m with the other guys light intensity or heat👍

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

Hey, dark green and waxy is often a sign of over feeding, the leaf curl could be related & or as above says heat stress or root problems.
over feeding at 5ml? That's less than the manufacturer suggests for seedlings and these are teens!

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

From saturday to sunday your temps increased for an entire day almost 10 degrees. Could have been you tested a higher light intensity that day, but yea its good now. Dont let those temps spike like that, especially if your using your light instead of a fan to control temps. Imma say you have a dehui and tried lowering the rh with it, and that extra heat it produced caused the spike. Or your vented and tried turning your light up, or your fan down temporary. But your stats show something happened saturday that was abnormal.

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

From saturday to sunday your temps increased for an entire day almost 10 degrees. Could have been you tested a higher light intensity that day, but yea its good now. Dont let those temps spike like that, especially if your using your light instead of a fan to control temps. Imma say you have a dehui and tried lowering the rh with it, and that extra heat it produced caused the spike. Or your vented and tried turning your light up, or your fan down temporary. But your stats show something happened saturday that was abnormal.
It did rain hella on saturday, maybe the dehu went crazy, that would explain the spikes and the spikes could explain the stress!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Where are your fans aimed? Direct at the plants? The heat from the lights and the wind from the plants dries out the edges of the leaves faster and they fold over exactly like this. Aim your fans at the wall. You want the plant to vibrate slightly, not get hurricaned.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
over feeding at 5ml? That's less than the manufacturer suggests for seedlings and these are teens!
I hear you, I'm just saying what waxy dark green leaves are normally a sign of over feeding.. I use General Hydroponics 3 part and I start at 2/2/2ml / gallon and move up 3/3/3 - 4/4/4 and I get to 5/5/5 just before flip. I veg for 2 months plus a lot. These 3 girls I'll show you a pic of area bit over 2 months old and I fed them at 5/5/5 twice at that point. I know not about the food you're feeding them but 5ml might still be hot for them

T

TinFoilHat

I hear you, I'm just saying what waxy dark green leaves are normally a sign of over feeding.. I use General Hydroponics 3 part and I start at 2/2/2ml / gallon and move up 3/3/3 - 4/4/4 and I get to 5/5/5 just before flip. I veg for 2 months plus a lot. These 3 girls I'll show you a pic of area bit over 2 months old and I fed them at 5/5/5 twice at that point. I know not about the food you're feeding them but 5ml might still be hot for them
View attachment 1309037

Good advice...you can use whatever brand of nutrient honestly...they all work just fine if you use it at the correct dosage. I just keep it at 1.2-1.3 EC with grow nutrients which is 4ml for me til the end (foliage pro) and have no issues. People are overfeeding from these "manufacturing charts"

M

MasterWatererJeff

Every pot grower has the same deficiency yet the community can't figure it out for their own benefit. Nice community. Great. Love being a part of it. Amazing. All these loving helpful hippies. Especially love seeing breeders and licensed growers with all these problems who don't have a clue.

Blue leaves - ?

Purple stems - ?

Burnt tips - ?

Canoed margins - ?

Bumpy twisted curled glossy weirdness - ?

Maybe in 20 years the diagnosis to the common problems that every grow has will be stickied on weed forums? Apparently it's priceless information. Knowing that, I'll hit up nute companies with a plan to make money instead of helping anyone fix their pkbzmomg deficient light sensitivity weed.

Edit by Moe.Red

OK big guy. This is like the 3rd time someone has tagged in the mod team to come deal with you. I'm done. This is your final warning. Be a dick to the other growers here one more time, and not only will you get banned, but I'll erase you and all your comments from history. It will be like you never existed.

If you have something positive to add, some knowledge you want to share, please do. But any more posts like this and you are gone. There will not be another warning.

Last edited by a moderator:
TSD

TSD

Every pot grower has the same deficiency yet the community can't figure it out for their own benefit. Nice community. Great. Love being a part of it. Amazing. All these loving helpful hippies. Especially love seeing breeders and licensed growers with all these problems who don't have a clue.

Blue leaves - ?

Purple stems - ?

Burnt tips - ?

Canoed margins - ?

Bumpy twisted curled glossy weirdness - ?

Maybe in 20 years the diagnosis to the common problems that every grow has will be stickied on weed forums? Apparently it's priceless information. Knowing that, I'll hit up nute companies with a plan to make money instead of helping anyone fix their pkbzmomg deficient light sensitivity weed.
Maybe you should go then? No need to be a dick. People come here because they don't know or have the experience. Sarcastic condescending remarks help no one.

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

They look over fed to my eyes. Don't take manufactures measurements as law, they want to sell shit, what they tell you is usually a max dose.
i did mention in another post i'm below the recommended dosage by almost 30%, but i did use calmag in addition so that is adding some N, so that could be the adjustment i need to make, just stop adding calmag at this point

Top Bottom