Edibles Ineffective

• Thread starter Deplorable
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PharmHand

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I'll try here. I am not affected by edibles other than a very low grade buzz. I've consumed 2/3 of a 500 mg medical brownie. Nada. Gummies - nothing either. All were commercially produced.

From the little research I've done, it seems as those who are unaffected (very small percentage) generally have some underlying intestinal issue - IBS, Crohn's, etc. I don't have any of those. I've had digestive issues, but nothing even requiring medical supervision.

Is anyone else a unicorn too? Working on trying tincture soon.
I'm the same way. Never been super high from an edible, kinda tired feeling body stone but never high. I do have sorta IBS I think and my sister has collitis/crohns so maybe that could have something to do with it idk. I was at a trim once and someone busted out the rso after lunch- bad idea. What should have been two hours after lunch took us six lol. Our best trimmer was sitting on the ground in a pile of trim she was so high ,had to be driven home. Everyone was fuct up , but me lol. It does help me sleep tho. And you definitely wanna know who made em/what's in it extracts concentrate things like pesticides

fatawa

fatawa

I'm the same way. Never been super high from an edible, kinda tired feeling body stone but never high.
im assuming yur getting indica edibles then.i to like demon gotta couple m.s. patients.grow a sativa yurself n pull it b4 it ambers out.bet u get that high yur missing.(80-90/cloudy,10-20amber).ive had many people tell me mine r like eating shrooms.hav this older lady who has emphysema,c.o.p.d.,congestive heart,she kept saying she didnt feel it(told her eat half first)she ended up eating 2 2×2squares....laughing,puking,laughing,puking..lmfao.and loved it

bongzaway

bongzaway

It's all edibles for me,,,,dose in evening and again in morning. No more smoking,,,love the high. no more worries about pigs finding bongs,, pipes, papers, roaches, baggies, no worries about cops saying "Your car smeels like weed",,,,its low-key all the way.

D

Deplorable

Our friend has pretty severe MS. In wheelchair..
Her legs convulse so bad they bruise. Pain is 8 on the 10 scale.
uncomforting 10..
She takes just a very small amount of some coco canna oil we donate and the results are remarkable..
Convulsions gone Pain reduced from 8 to about 3..
she never used cannabis before was reluctant now she uses daily..
So easy and cheap to make..we use the sugar trim....all mixed up different strains...for aches and pains..lol....
Also the fella down the hill got off the Oxys and uses the same for sleep and back pain issues.
Also have had reports of little if any relief, depends on person seems non rec users meaning true med patients find the most relief.
I did a huge glob once, woke up 5 am had not moved from couch mouth wide open....
-----------------
I've watched drugs ruin many, many lives. And when I say "drugs", I mean the narcotics and other stuff. I'm continually shocked at the stories I hear of the pain relief provided by cannabis. I consumed as a teen decades ago. Only started last year as an alternative course of TX, counterindicated to the usual for physical trauma (VBIED) and PTSD. And it's working well. Once I have my first quality harvest (very, very soon) I'll be able to experiment with tinctures and decarb'd extract. I am lucky to have a chef's kitchen and skills, years of gardening, and a solid science background. I'll figure my way through this - definitely thing sub maxillary delivery via ethanol tincture is going ot be the way to go for me.

D

Deplorable

Our friend has pretty severe MS. In wheelchair..
Her legs convulse so bad they bruise. Pain is 8 on the 10 scale.
uncomforting 10..
She takes just a very small amount of some coco canna oil we donate and the results are remarkable..
Convulsions gone Pain reduced from 8 to about 3..
she never used cannabis before was reluctant now she uses daily..
So easy and cheap to make..we use the sugar trim....all mixed up different strains...for aches and pains..lol....
Also the fella down the hill got off the Oxys and uses the same for sleep and back pain issues.
Also have had reports of little if any relief, depends on person seems non rec users meaning true med patients find the most relief.
I did a huge glob once, woke up 5 am had not moved from couch mouth wide open....
-----

Oh, and my MIL has a version of non-progressive Parkinsons. Just bad shakes, but not getting worse. For all of their liberal viewpoints, she's resisted any CBD/THC therapy. I'm going to change her mind...

D

Deplorable

That's a huge side effect. Now they make a pill to combat just that (oic). Make a pill to counteract the side effects if another pill.

Hmm seems you only need marijuana, and maybe more marijuana. Not pills and more pills.

I was on Oxycodone, high volume, for 4 weeks early last year after major trauma. Most horrific digestive issues, on top of the trauma issues. The stuff works, but it is evil in both its side effects and the lives it ruins.

D

Deplorable

Used to have minor stomach issues in years past, just kinda chocked it up to smoking too much at night and letting the munchies get the best of me. Would puke in the morning sometimes. Nothing diagnosed though. Haven't had any problems for quite some time though. I also enjoy spicy foods.

I'm sure commercial places are fudging numbers a little but not that much that no medibles would work. Even my friends homemade stuff that's supposed to be "fire" were weak to me.

I think we may be vectoring in on similar underlying conditions. I watched a 25mg gummy lay my amateur wife out for 4 hours. I'm not a heavy user. Less than a gram per day of flower. And yes, so maybe the 500mg was 350mg. Sure there are some variables. But that brownie (and I tried 3X) should have made me piss on myself. And all three times, I'm pretty sure I smoked, vaped, and/or had a drink or two on top of it.

And while we are on this subject - the vape juice cartridges had negligible effect on me. And one gave me a 3 week chest infection.

That's why I'm growing my own shit.

D

Deplorable

I'm the same way. Never been super high from an edible, kinda tired feeling body stone but never high. I do have sorta IBS I think and my sister has collitis/crohns so maybe that could have something to do with it idk. I was at a trim once and someone busted out the rso after lunch- bad idea. What should have been two hours after lunch took us six lol. Our best trimmer was sitting on the ground in a pile of trim she was so high ,had to be driven home. Everyone was fuct up , but me lol. It does help me sleep tho. And you definitely wanna know who made em/what's in it extracts concentrate things like pesticides
there is definitely some link between these symptoms and the uptake of the various THC cannabinoids in the colon.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Also, what you eat can also have a potency effect with edibles/tinctures. Since thc/cbd is solvable in fats, eating sugary foods while you eat/take an edible may lessen the effects. It's a reason I always recommend eating a good fatty meal before. Like a good burger, or the like. The thc/cbd binds with the "fat" and is more easily broken down by your liver.

D

Deplorable

im assuming yur getting indica edibles then.i to like demon gotta couple m.s. patients.grow a sativa yurself n pull it b4 it ambers out.bet u get that high yur missing.(80-90/cloudy,10-20amber).ive had many people tell me mine r like eating shrooms.hav this older lady who has emphysema,c.o.p.d.,congestive heart,she kept saying she didnt feel it(told her eat half first)she ended up eating 2 2×2squares....laughing,puking,laughing,puking..lmfao.and loved it
I have my first outdoor and indoor growing at the same time. My outdoor girls had to be culled for the smallish space I have and I'm down to 2 sativas in full bloom. These girls grew 12' tall in a 5G felt pot in 75% sun. They are HUGE. I have a random indica growing which may do something before first frost.

I've shown some pics of these girls to a few people who know what they are looking at and they are stunned at the quality of these plants. No issues with nutrients, water, bugs, mold (yet), etc. I got a bag of seeds from a friend. I know the origin of these seeds and they are from some of the highest quality commercial stock in CA. That's all I know. It has an incredible pineapple and pine smell. I have some colas that will be 2-3 oz dry.

And as a hedge against various forces at play, I put up an inside tent, chopped and brought one indoors. It is nowhere near as prolific, but the early tests show it is pretty frigging good stuff.

IMG_6947.jpg

IMG_6943.jpg

IMG_6945.jpg

D

Deplorable

Also, what you eat can also have a potency effect with edibles/tinctures. Since thc/cbd is solvable in fats, eating sugary foods while you eat/take an edible may lessen the effects. It's a reason I always recommend eating a good fatty meal before. Like a good burger, or the like. The thc/cbd binds with the "fat" and is more easily broken down by your liver.

I've heard the same and did a double McD fries - NOT part of my normal diet. I could have shit through the eye of a needle the next morning. I noticed a slight improvement. I eat a paleo-ish diet with occasional junk food. I keep my weight (175/5'9") fairly stable after some diet adjustments. Single biggest thing I did was get rid of soda, specifically, diet soda. I was shocked what happened when that toxin left my body. I think my BMI is pretty decent considering I'm old enough to have kids in college.

Smerb

Smerb

You could just be a skinny corn fed man. Shits every mornin! Yeeehaaawww. Fiber binds to the poop particles. The shit stuck to yer walls falls in the bowl. After a few days of edibles you'll wonder if death is coming out with yer poo.
I'm from Illinois(corn)
Eat more weed I say.

C

Cheeto

Edibles made with skunky soil grown weed always work. If you cant smell and taste it, it's bogus. They start with hydro bullshit, and only use scraps. The trash of the trash. Thc means dick all by itself. Dont fall for the bullshit.

Estimated 175mg cookies from an illegal grower make me pure retarded. 250mg labeled packaged dispensary nonsense does nothing. Its a constant. Organic is not craft grade Cannabis, its normal cannabis. Hydroponic is useless impostor bud. Thc only.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Can't taste (or barely) any mj in my edibles, tinctures, salves , vape liquid, etc. I use extracts or distillate. Ans they do work, 100%. Im still making 4-6 dozen a month going on 5yrs now. Never a complaint. And if I tell you to ONLY EAT a half edible, better listen up or pay the price.

J

jimnca28

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I'll try here. I am not affected by edibles other than a very low grade buzz. I've consumed 2/3 of a 500 mg medical brownie. Nada. Gummies - nothing either. All were commercially produced.

From the little research I've done, it seems as those who are unaffected (very small percentage) generally have some underlying intestinal issue - IBS, Crohn's, etc. I don't have any of those. I've had digestive issues, but nothing even requiring medical supervision.

J

jimnca28

J

jimnca28

I bought a magic butter machine for $175 because our local medical grow COULD not produce high grade what I learn is called decarboxilating my old weed I put in oven cover 25-30 min and then in machine if you don't do that its crap good luck my friend also had bad experience with first edibles someone overdosed me but now at end of life my own are fantastic

Top Bottom