Effecient carbon filter brand please

• Thread starter karolanne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
karolanne

karolanne

Hello folks,

Can you tell me a brand of good carbon filter? I'm shopping my tack and all the carbon filter I saw had very good and very bad reviews for the same brand. it's all the same. very good and very bad. pppffff

Thank you.

logdog

logdog

Ive had good luck with Phresh and Terrabloom worked well for about a year or so. I tried G-Hydro once and it worked fine just a shorter lifespan around 8-9 months if I remember correctly.

karolanne

karolanne

Ive had good luck with Phresh and Terrabloom worked well for about a year or so. I tried G-Hydro once and it worked fine just a shorter lifespan around 8-9 months if I remember correctly.
What if the filter says "up to 750 cfm" and my fan is 807 cfm?

logdog

logdog

If you have to run your fan at its highest setting 750 would get overpowered, if you run your fan typically at lower speeds it should work.

freezeland2

freezeland2

If you have to run your fan at its highest setting 750 would get overpowered, if you run your fan typically at lower speeds it should work.
True but there are some variables to that. For example I am running a 265 cfm blower with a filter rated at just over 200. I am not over powering the filter because of the length of intake and exhaust ducting. My exhaust ducting is over 25 feet and I have 10 feet of intake.

karolanne

karolanne

True but there are some variables to that. For example I am running a 265 cfm blower with a filter rated at just over 200. I am not over powering the filter because of the length of intake and exhaust ducting. My exhaust ducting is over 25 feet and I have 10 feet of intake.
So, with a short exhaust ducting, I better use a less powerfull fan or use the 800 cfm at lower speed?

freezeland2

freezeland2

So, with a short exhaust ducting, I better use a less powerfull fan or use the 800 cfm at lower speed?
Yes. The longer the exhaust ducting the less cfm will be discharged at the end of the duct outlet. The shorter the duct the more cfm will be produced.

Skeggox

Skeggox

So I have a 440 crm fan. Terabloom 6x16 is rated for 400. Room is 4.5x5.5. This should be good correct? I don't see the point in spending $40 just to make sure 40 cfm isn't over powering. The length from the fan to the filter is probably in all 6ft or so considering the air cooled hood

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Used to run can fan lite 8x25 on my 800 cfm which was the best but now can fan went way up in price around here so the shop had recommended the kootenay filter aka ruck air. Seems about same as the can lite but much less $. Had the one now fir over a year and still works.

Skeggox

Skeggox

Used to run can fan lite 8x25 on my 800 cfm which was the best but now can fan went way up in price around here so the shop had recommended the kootenay filter aka ruck air. Seems about same as the can lite but much less $. Had the one now fir over a year and still works.
My question is if the fan is 40cfm over the filter rating should I be ok? Or do I really need to spend the extra money just for the extra 40 cfm my fan puts off

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

My question is if the fan is 40cfm over the filter rating should I be ok? Or do I really need to spend the extra money just for the extra 40 cfm my fan puts off
I personally prefer a bigger filter ratio. What’s the cost to go up a size in filter?
But given that the CFM is typically in practice less than stated, usually there’s a bit of ducting and 90s involved in grow rooms, you will be well below the rated CFM of the fan therefore I wouldn’t fret it too much. And the actual output may be exaggerated with some makers.

Skeggox

Skeggox

I personally prefer a bigger filter ratio. What’s the cost to go up a size in filter?
But given that the CFM is typically in practice less than stated, usually there’s a bit of ducting and 90s involved in grow rooms, you will be well below the rated CFM of the fan therefore I wouldn’t fret it too much. And the actual output may be exaggerated with some makers.
40 more bucks

logdog

logdog

I think the 6x16 will be fine, the dust cover probably eats the 40cfm and how often is your fan dimed save the 40 bucks is my advice

T

TwistedPistil

Filters are bitch to change sometimes, so I prefer running a hundred or so cfm less than what the filters max rating is to prolong the life of the filter. A fan speed controller works well. I think it's troll master who makes an awesome fan/muffler with variable speed.

I do like Phresh filters. I had good results with phat filters, idk if they make them anymore. And I'm not to keen on Can Lite filters, but I only ran them for a little bit and had 8inch inlines mounted on them with no ducting, just scrubbing 24/7 full blast.

I never had a problem with phresh filters, and I found it much easier to get a more substantial discount than Can lite or other filters.

TrichomeLicker

TrichomeLicker

I have a Kootenay filter and its been great.
Have had it running almost 24/7 for over a year and absolutely no smell gets outside my tent.

HippiHemuli

HippiHemuli

2 rounds with Phresh filter still no smell. I had 70-75% humidity about week and didnt ruined filter but they say it should be able handle 80% humidity. So Phresh very recommended.

Top Bottom