Effective DYI powdery mildew treatments

• Thread starter Slimone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slimone

Slimone

Hi
I am a couple days into week three of flower and have some powdery mildew showing up. I was worried it would happen again this fall.
After last fall I added an extra exhaust fan and intake vent. I have a 5.5x7 room 2 600hps cool tubed. I have either dragged it in from outside or my day night temps are too far off. Either way I need to start treatment yesterday. Actually have done one spray with water and baking soda w/drip of soap but was reluctant on using it.

Want to know specifically about baking soda soap formulas and milk usage

Thanks in advance

I know there is a few of you out there that can help me and I apologize for not being able to take the time to search out your previous posts

Dan789

Dan789

Use a sulfur burner (if this is not where your living run the burner for 4-8 hours without fans or lights on), when I tried the “milk” solution (not yet knowing about sulfur burners), I should've saved time and effort and just tossed everything in the garbage can.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Step 1: Mix 3 tablespoons baking soda with 1 gallon of water.This is the baking soda we use: Arm and Hammer Pure Baking Soda. Step 2: Mix in 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, or cooking oil of your choice. This helps the spray to stick to the leaves. Step 3: Mix in 2 drops of dish soap to help emulsify (mix) everything.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Remember PM is systemic, you have to do your do diligence to eradicate the infestation.

Slimone

Slimone

Remember PM is systemic, you have to do your do diligence to eradicate the infestation.

I was hoping you would chime in.

Do you mean a real good soaking? Will it effect the buds?
And thanks for your recipe. I know I just read it somewhere else.

Slimone

Slimone

Use a sulfur burner (if this is not where your living run the burner for 4-8 hours without fans or lights on), when I tried the “milk” solution (not yet knowing about sulfur burners), I should've saved time and effort and just tossed everything in the garbage can.
Can’t use it. I was going to state no sulcus replies. Thanks for your input

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I was hoping you would chime in.

Do you mean a real good soaking? Will it effect the buds?
And thanks for your recipe. I know I just read it somewhere else.
Yes, good soaking then light out and no it will not effect the buds.
Get your self some green cleaner also it will help immensely.

Slimone

Slimone

Also should have stated the room is packed. Only six plants but I feel four would have been easier to manage regarding the PM. I brought it on myself. Also there is no headroom 5’5 ceiling. LST big time.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I had the same problem in here, years ago.
Where there’s a will there’s a way:)
62B16B91 B1CC 4F39 9F6A 0E83BDE494D3

Slimone

Slimone

I am going to mix up a batch of your potion. I will also get some of the other product you mentioned.
I will let you know how I make out.

I over did my veg time and was hoping they wouldn’t stretch much but one did. If I can get the PM under control this might end up being a nice run.
I just switched back from doing a perpetual flower room. I was spending too much time in there.....experiment ended.
Thanks again for the quick response!

stonestacker

stonestacker

Try to get your day and night time temperatures to fluctuate no more than 10 degrees. And try and get your dehumidification under control try and keep the spikes at night down.
Green cure works but it's mostly baking soda

Top Bottom