Effective use of Compost tea and Azamax for mites

• Thread starter Chunkmonkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Chunkmonkey

I treated my coco container garden with a rotation of azamax and organicide both foliar and during feed/water. I have 2 gallons of compost tea total.

Should I flush before adding the compost tea?

Should I dilute the compost tea with water or use as is? No dilution?

When the tea is used as a foliar spray should I first rinse the azamax/organicide off the leaves with Ph'd water?

Out of 2 gallons of tea how much should I use as foliar and how much should I use during feeding/watering?

What is the most effective way to use these three treatments together?

Thanks in advance.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I treated my coco container garden with a rotation of azamax and organicide both foliar and during feed/water. I have 2 gallons of compost tea total.

Should I flush before adding the compost tea?

If the plants are healthy, probably not.

Should I dilute the compost tea with water or use as is? No dilution?

What's in the compost tea?

When the tea is used as a foliar spray should I first rinse the azamax/organicide off the leaves with Ph'd water?

No.

Out of 2 gallons of tea how much should I use as foliar and how much should I use during feeding/watering?

If you dilute, make sure you have enough for both.

What is the most effective way to use these three treatments together?

Regular preventative maintenance. I like to foliar in conjunction with pruning and leaf removal. Through veg you could foliar twice a week and pest spray once a week.

outwest

C

Chunkmonkey

The plants are healthy besides the mite problem. Should I flush the Azamax out of the coco before watering with the compost tea?

Hum tea.

What would be the most effective way to defeat the mites using azamax, organicide, and Hum tea?
I've soiled drenched and foliar sprayed with both azamax and organicide the last 3 days and now I want to throw the compost tea into the mix. Thanks for the fast reply.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I had spider mites that beginning of this run. I went fucking ballistic with Mighty Wash a few times and have not seen them since. I also do regular foliar sprays using Capulator's Beneficials, you can find more info on those in the Nutrients Subforum. I've never used anything systemic for pests, other than maintaining a vigorous healthy plant, so I can't speak to the products you listed. I have used Azatrol as a spray, but have found mighty wash more effective. Either way I hate those fucking things. KILL! KILL! KILL! DIE! DIE! DIE!

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I have a small garden, so I started with a free sample (32 oz) and used the whole amount in a 4x4 garden, and the plants were still very small at the time. I hit them a week later with about the same amount. Tomorrow night, I'm going to give them one last dousing of mightywash, and in a few days one last ACT. I'll have 6-8 weeks left at that point and things will be exploding. I'll just ride it out at that point and hope for the best. I have not seen any sign of the fuckers since the first spraying.

outwest

Top Bottom