Effects of too much H2o2

• Thread starter Medigrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Medigrow

Medigrow

Hey all!

I added water to my rwdc and told myself, hey, let's put some h2o2 in this, just to make another "clean" before adding the nutrients...
So day 1, I add water and h2o2, and day 3 (~50-56 hours later), I added my nuts and put the plants.. My clones were AmAziNG and now, all weird stuff, wilting, weird leaves...

I was wondering, isn't h2o2 supposed to dissolve into water? I've been reading 24-36 hours... but well.. What would be the effect of h2o2 in too much concentration for plants?

PPM is 120 and ph is 6.2 using Cultured solutions.

I just did a flush, I hope it will bring everything back on track.

Thank you! :)

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
6.2 in dwc? That is prob your problem vs h202. At what rate did you mix H202 and what % is the H202? I use 34% @20ml per 40 gal religiously and have had zero issues. Ive gone as high as 35ml per 40 gals. This is for drip not dwc but shouldnt matter.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey all!

I added water to my rwdc and told myself, hey, let's put some h2o2 in this, just to make another "clean" before adding the nutrients...
So day 1, I add water and h2o2, and day 3 (~50-56 hours later), I added my nuts and put the plants.. My clones were AmAziNG and now, all weird stuff, wilting, weird leaves...

I was wondering, isn't h2o2 supposed to dissolve into water? I've been reading 24-36 hours... but well.. What would be the effect of h2o2 in too much concentration for plants?

I don't run sterile but I agree with @cemchris 6.2 is to high. Personally I do 5.8 and drift up to 6.1 max. Works well for me. Even as low as 5.6 I have no issues letting it drift up to 6.1

C

ColPeanut

Hey all!

What nutes you running?

Medigrow

Medigrow

What nutes you running?

I run cultured solutions...

As for the h2o2, if you read carefully my post.. I did put RO water with h2o2 in.. well.. high concentration i think lol, I though it would dissolve itself 3 days later.... So I added my nuts and well.. plants are only going south since then.. I did a flush but still... I did new clones...

@Aqua Man @cemchris , as for the PH, cultured solutions recommends 6.3 at first then all the way down to 5.8... Never had issue using this ph and lowering down the road :)

Same as my mother, I forget to feed/watch her sometimes and ph got at 6.7 and never had issues... healthy like hell :)

I will let the plants in the system, waiting for the new clones to roots and I will replace everything and of course, another flush... I want to see how it behaves in the meantime :)

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I run cultured solutions...

As for the h2o2, if you read carefully my post.. I did put RO water with h2o2 in.. well.. high concentration i think lol, I though it would dissolve itself 3 days later.... So I added my nuts and well.. plants are only going south since then.. I did a flush but still... I did new clones...

@Aqua Man @cemchris , as for the PH, cultured solutions recommends 6.3 at first then all the way down to 5.8... Never had issue using this ph and lowering down the road :)

Same as my mother, I forget to feed/watch her sometimes and ph got at 6.7 and never had issues... healthy like hell :)

I will let the plants in the system, waiting for the new clones to roots and I will replace everything and of course, another flush... I want to see how it behaves in the meantime :)

What did you mix the H202 at?

Medigrow

Medigrow

What did you mix the H202 at?

I think I added something around 150ml for 180 liters. I used a sanitized ratio, having in mind the h2o2 will dissolve in 24-36 hours... I should have flush before adding my nuts. Instead, I cut my balls! Lol

Medigrow

Medigrow

6.2 in dwc? That is prob your problem vs h202. At what rate did you mix H202 and what % is the H202? I use 34% @20ml per 40 gal religiously and have had zero issues. Ive gone as high as 35ml per 40 gals. This is for drip not dwc but shouldnt matter.

Using the 29% :)

Medigrow

Medigrow

What would you do guys? Toss them and wait for new clones to be ready? I'm wondering if they can come back alive and kicking. I see some improvements, the outter is burned but the middle seems "ok", they start pointing up but, still ugly, outter won't recover but the new growth, i guess, will be ok. Any hints, tips, suggestions welcomed! :)

Thank you!

Medigrow

Medigrow

@cemchris
you were saying 6.2-3 is too high...

According to the ph chart, at 5.8, calcium is not even available to the plants... Weird

Phchart
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Ca is def still available 5.5 to 5.6. I run 5.5-5.7 in rockwool/coco and have for years and my PH doesnt move since I'm on pure salts and DTW. If you are setting your PH @ 6.0- 6.2 your PH will drift up meaning you will constantly be dosing PH Down which add's P to your res. This can cause problems with your feeds. Not to mention in 1 day you can be out of range. Setting it lower will give you more wiggle room and range of the ph w/ availability of nutes before you have to adjust. P is the macro that is picky about PH. Too high or low can lock it out. The last thing you want to be doing is micro managing your PH.

Medigrow

Medigrow

Ca is def still available 5.5 to 5.6. I run 5.5-5.7 in rockwool/coco and have for years and my PH doesnt move since I'm on pure salts and DTW. If you are setting your PH @ 6.0- 6.2 your PH will drift up meaning you will constantly be dosing PH Down which add's P to your res. This can cause problems with your feeds. Not to mention in 1 day you can be out of range. Setting it lower will give you more wiggle room and range of the ph w/ availability of nutes before you have to adjust. P is the macro that is picky about PH. Too high or low can lock it out. The last thing you want to be doing is micro managing your PH.

I was following the Cultured Solutions's feeding chart. First grow was great so... :)

I lowered to 5.8, I don't know if they will come back and kicking though... Making another water change in few minutes.

NGA

NGA

You guys think ph is that big a deal in hydro hmm ,I beg to differ I ain’t new to this creeping up towards 40 years playing around with hydro only ,done it both way ph many times vs no ph many times I really don’t see any huge difference , I do have a blue lab multi,that’s tap water 300 -400 i don’t over feed,have many strains going all the time,peace

Medigrow

Medigrow

You guys think ph is that big a deal in hydro hmm ,I beg to differ I ain’t new to this creeping up towards 40 years playing around with hydro only ,done it both way ph many times vs no ph many times I really don’t see any huge difference , I do have a blue lab multi,that’s tap water 300 -400 i don’t over feed,have many strains going all the time,peace
My mother's rdwc can swing up to 6.7 and no issue :)

Reactions: NGA
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

There is a difference between can and ideal. If you have slow growth you CAN get away with alot of things. If you run a high light, CO2 injected room with very fast growth things like ph and VPD are crucial. There is no one answer but striving for ideal conditions is just common sense. As I said just because you can does not make it ideal.

@Medigrow was on a break sorry for the late reply

Medigrow

Medigrow

There is a difference between can and ideal. If you have slow growth you CAN get away with alot of things. If you run a high light, CO2 injected room with very fast growth things like ph and VPD are crucial. There is no one answer but striving for ideal conditions is just common sense. As I said just because you can does not make it ideal.

@Medigrow was on a break sorry for the late reply
No prob @Aqua Man ! :) Hope you had a great time!

I don't want the mother to grow furiously so I am more neglecting the ph swing ;)

I'll restart with new clones as soon as they are ready... What is 2 more weeks? Better to get healthy clones than harvesting some shit because they took a severe hit, I know mj plants are resilient but well...

No more H2O2 when inserting clones in the rwdc!

Latest posts

Top Bottom