Efficiency after harvest

• Thread starter GRAMTOWN
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GRAMTOWN

i would like to know what could be done with left over branches and stems and stalks and fan leaves after harvest? Usually i just throw everything away but i know that there is more tht can be done with those materials and would like to stop wasting them. can anyone drop a few ideas or a couple ways they like to recycle their excess plant material. If i cant find anything creative to use them for i will just Buy a red worm farm and compost them.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The good fan leaves can be used for other medical purposes. Little old ladies from Mexico and other Central American countries will make teas with them for their arthritis. Others like Graywolf go to great lengths to extract the other useful compounds that are found throughout the plant, and you may find these alternatives appealing. I haven't the equipment or time at this time to get into such endeavors, so I use the stems to start fires and the leaves are generally composted if they haven't got much in the way of trichome development.

YMMV.

St3ve

St3ve

I just made a batch of budder with nothing but fresh picked fan leaves. (week 2-3 of flowering no less)

I threw about 150g of fan leaves n stems in a pot with a stick of butter and 4 cups of water. Simmered with lid for about an hour, removed lid for another half n hour to cook out the water. Strained it, cooled butter for a day in the fridge and then separated the budder from the water. Then use it in any recipe that calls for butter.

I just did it and got excellent results

Dunge

Dunge

I credit the fine readers of THCfarmer with getting me to my first harvest. My fingers were so thick with gunk that I can track my movements by the sticky stench left behind on anything I touched.
How do I clean up? Is alcohol the only thing that will wash this stuff off?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Alcohol or oils are solvents for the resin buildup. I like to also use Kirkland wipes, but they can dry out your hands and I believe are antimicrobial, and I'm anti-antimicrobials, but they work with some scrubbing.

M

moodster

I credit the fine readers of THCfarmer with getting me to my first harvest. My fingers were so thick with gunk that I can track my movements by the sticky stench left behind on anything I touched.
How do I clean up? Is alcohol the only thing that will wash this stuff off?

this is what i do after trimming put a drop of cooking oil on yer fingers rub it in then use dishwasher soap perfect no smelling or stickyness

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

You can make some Rick Simpson oil and take it to feel better.

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Yeah i even heard of people making tea with nothing bud the stems from the plants
I heard It was some actually really strong tea too.
Hope that helps

Keep It Green-Doc

K

kpac

get a keef box I end up with a ton and the local dispensory cant get enough of um I keef it clean it press it into coins 2 and 3 grams and the dispensary cant keep them on the shelves

Top Bottom