Efficient Grow For A 6x7x9' Room Cheapo T-5 Ho Vs. Bad Bay T-5 Ho Vs. Hps

• Thread starter DGP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DGP

DGP

ELECTRICITY UPDATE
So, the final configuration is:

1. Fresh air coming in thru filters at about 110 CFM (both veg and flower rooms). On timers so they only operate when outside air is quite cool.
2. Veg room with T5 Bad Boy (8 lamp for main veg) and a 2-4 lamp t5HO (seedlings and small cuttings)
3. Flower room with 600watt hps on a light mover
4. Flower room with 110 cfm of cooling air going through the lamp (with cover glass) and back outside
5. With all my temperatures set about where I want them now, the worst case daily cost (when it was over 100F outside) is less than $3.00 and under 35kwh for all rooms veg, flower and work room.
6. Running average daily cost @ $.0722/kwh = $1.95

DP

Last edited:
D

DustinBowls

You could significantly lower that bill with some alternate lighting schedules.

Veg= 12 on - 5 1/2 off - 1 on - 5 1/2 off
Flower = 11.5on week2 - 11 on week 3 - 10.5 week 4, ect ect... until finish. Or if your really looking to save just go to 6on 18 off from the start.

DGP

DGP

You could significantly lower that bill with some alternate lighting schedules.

Veg= 12 on - 5 1/2 off - 1 on - 5 1/2 off
Flower = 11.5on week2 - 11 on week 3 - 10.5 week 4, ect ect... until finish. Or if your really looking to save just go to 6on 18 off from the start.
Yep, already on the same lighting schedule you are suggesting. Only difference is I have not gone quite as short on the flower room hours.

Thanks,

DP

D

DustinBowls

Thats great! I haven't talked with many other folks who use or even knew about it.

DGP

DGP

Thats great! I haven't talked with many other folks who use or even knew about it.
Yeah, I read about it earlier in another thread about lighting and electrical efficiency in grows. I think the original term was "gaslight" method. I thought about shorter days then the typical 12 hours for flowering since some strains grow in tropical places that have very little difference in day length througought the year and that some of those (especially sativas from the tropics) actually benefit from having as short as a 10.5 hour light period. Anyway, heard it could even increase the bud swelling and resin levels in the last couple of weeks. Not sure how true those last two claims are but it was based on the resin production being something the plant does at night.......

DP

Top Bottom