El Paso County 12 Plant Limit

• Thread starter GrowGod
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

i just saw a news clip on El Paso county has put a limit of 12 plants per household in place!
I'm not one to follow the law but how does one caregive for 5 patients if they can only have 12 plants per home?:)
Okay, I'll bite. :)

If you are admitting to not following the law then this doesn't apply to you, but let's talk hypothetical.

...Tuesday, commissioners passed temporary regulations. They will have another hearing in September to make this more permanent.
[more at link]

It would appear, from the linked story above, that those who are concerned about their rights as caregivers and patients they might want to attend this second meeting/hearing.

To answer your question, they can still be a caregiver, but their caregiver status or patient status does not trump how municipalities regulate this industry. I think it's safe to assume that those rules will be similar to Denver County.

Just follow the three rules of grow club:
1. You do not talk about grow club
2. You do not talk about grow club
3. You do not piss off anyone with any authority

xavier7995

xavier7995

Well you could pretty easily get around it by growing huge monster trees. Figure 2-10 lbs a plant, depending... sure beats the couple of zips you get off the little fellows. However, I have realized those small plants produce buds with way more bag appeal if that is important to you. My personal stash is gnarly looking, leaves and such all over, need to press it into a tire and drive it across some sort of border somewhere.

But yes...even when sort of legal its no ones damn business what I am doing. I won't talk, they won't ask.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Well you could pretty easily get around it by growing huge monster trees. Figure 2-10 lbs a plant, depending... sure beats the couple of zips you get off the little fellows. However, I have realized those small plants produce buds with way more bag appeal if that is important to you. My personal stash is gnarly looking, leaves and such all over, need to press it into a tire and drive it across some sort of border somewhere.

But yes...even when sort of legal its no ones damn business what I am doing. I won't talk, they won't ask.
Yes, trees are the answer to the 12 plant limit, but trees are also the answer for larger grows on larger, more remote, pieces of property.

I grew up helping my father with two foot wide tomato cages in the garden, now I see cages 6-8 feet wide on remote protected grows, they look like corrals for farm animals. Shit's crazy.

I think we will have to wear two hats. Like you said, plan on trees, which means blowing right through your plant weight limits as a medical patient. I have 24/16oz, but that doesn't do much when the tree has two or three elbows on it. When I cut my plants I become a rec user, and I will use my rec status and the rules governing such grows, which state that there are no weight limits as long as the product stays where it was grown. I have not seen or been notified that you have to claim to be either/or. As long as I'm not transporting large amounts, it's all good. I do not care to discuss trafficking or illegal transportation of plant material as I do not know the TOS, but my I will never leave my grow with more than a few ounces. It's not worth the bullshit if you have to deal with johnny law.

In my opinion, which means nothing, caregivers will keep caregivin' like usual, obviously some will be more legit than others, but as we know that comes with the territory. The 12 plant limit is the county letting you know how it feels, which is that it is more profitable for them when gardens over 12 plants are considered and treated as drug cultivation and intent to distribute. The problem with this culture is that it has always been underground, and people are afraid/apathetic to put any work in on the legislative front lines. We have our spokespeople, but Mason Tvert does not speak for me, and I would like nothing to do with the scamley's. It's hard to find public figures willing to stand up to grandma and grandpa who don't want to smell that sticky icky.

You are right on with the bag appeal though, but that's just with rec users and tourists. Like you, I don't care how pretty or ugly my plants are, they get the job done. As long as I can fit it into a joint it's all the same at that point. I'd take potency and taste over bag appeal any day of the week.

At the end of the day, I would like to keep this hypothetical, hopefully no one reading this ever has to deal with this municipal BS. I imagine there would be more potential issues with 12 trees close to town where neighbors, smells, electric, etc could all bring unwanted attention.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Just follow the three rules of grow club:
1. You do not talk about grow club
2. You do not talk about grow club
3. You do not piss off anyone with any authority
These are rules that apply everywhere!

Except for CrossFit.

Rules for Crossfit:
1. Tell everyone you fucking see all about crossfit
1. Repeat number one as much as possible

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Most cities and counties out here have or will have a max plant per household rule and most will be 12 plants..some also have some other restrictions that can be really painful, like no HID lights only CFL's and LED's like FOCO and Douglas county does, I think Douglas also has a 32 sq.ft max and I know Berthoud has a 100 sq.ft. max and it must be secured like a vault. Denver is 12 plants per household and 36 plants for non residential unlicensed grows, but the grow must be registered with the city and state MED and subject to inspections and code compliance. Caregiver grows have no baring at all, doesn't matter if you have extended plant counts or multiple patients your still subject to the max plant counts.. Jefferson county is 12 plants max.

In the big scheme of things the state doesn't want any high plant counts for personal grows and no caregivers floating around pumping out weight and not paying taxes so they will get local law enforcement and city ordinances in place to push the masses to the state regulated and taxed stores

xavier7995

xavier7995

I did learn a valuable lesson on my last grow regarding getting around that plant count vs growing trees, make sure your grow area is equipped to grow out monsters:)

I think the denver rule is pretty decent, 12 plants at a time is plenty for a household unless there are some extenuating circumstances, that i believe are addressed in the med laws.

edit: some of those restrictions just sound gross man.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I get the 12 plants but it should be 12 plants in flower! I should be able to have as many vegging plants clones etc.
Or do they fall under the hemp plant act?
You pay money time effort to get strains and im it gonna lose them because these asshats are counting twigs!

xavier7995

xavier7995

I get the 12 plants but it should be 12 plants in flower! I should be able to have as many vegging plants clones etc.
Or do they fall under the hemp plant act?
You pay money time effort to get strains and im it gonna lose them because these asshats are counting twigs!

What I do is grow out your 12 and sex/select them out for whatever traits you are looking for, then fill the rest of the area as needed. I figure the 12 is going to wind up 6 or so female, if the area permits just fill the rest in with clones. I do tend to overlap a couple of weeks where I am over the plant count while i kick various undesirables out, but honestly it is sorta silly to worry about though, it is like driving 56 in a 55. This is of course considering home growing, its like if you brew an extra gallon of beer with your garage brewery...meh, you are not selling it so no harm no foul assuming you exercise a minimum level of caution. Those folks under actual scrutiny, thats a whole different ballgame.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
What I do is grow out your 12 and sex/select them out for whatever traits you are looking for, then fill the rest of the area as needed. I figure the 12 is going to wind up 6 or so female, if the area permits just fill the rest in with clones. I do tend to overlap a couple of weeks where I am over the plant count while i kick various undesirables out, but honestly it is sorta silly to worry about though, it is like driving 56 in a 55. This is of course considering home growing, its like if you brew an extra gallon of beer with your garage brewery...meh, you are not selling it so no harm no foul assuming you exercise a minimum level of caution. Those folks under actual scrutiny, thats a whole different ballgame.
Well I don't pop many seeds. My problem is I have more then 12 strains therefore I'm over the count.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Well then you got a problem there buddy:) Taking a short hiatus until I find the next strain I want to grow out, looking to build out a mother box, just need to find some keepers first. I am planning to keep 3-6 mothers around and then flower out 6-9 cuts at a time. Should just bite the bullet and order the dutch genetics, but I just prefer to go local. Would really like to find a good jack herer, ak47, NL#5, c99, green crack, and strawberry cough but I am kinda old and should probably look to the newer stuff for keepers.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

You can grow medicine, but only how we say.

You can own a gun, but only under these circumstances.

You can drive a car, but only if insured.

You can buy a soda in NY, but only if it's 16 oz or less.

You can pull money out of your bank, but only if it's under 10,000.

You can breathe, but only how we say.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
You can grow medicine, but only how we say.

You can own a gun, but only under these circumstances.

You can drive a car, but only if insured.

You can buy a soda in NY, but only if it's 16 oz or less.

You can pull money out of your bank, but only if it's under 10,000.

You can breathe, but only how we say.
Makes me sick!!!!

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Well then you got a problem there buddy:) Taking a short hiatus until I find the next strain I want to grow out, looking to build out a mother box, just need to find some keepers first. I am planning to keep 3-6 mothers around and then flower out 6-9 cuts at a time. Should just bite the bullet and order the dutch genetics, but I just prefer to go local. Would really like to find a good jack herer, ak47, NL#5, c99, green crack, and strawberry cough but I am kinda old and should probably look to the newer stuff for keepers.
Don't even bother with ak-47 late 90's she was the kill kill now there just a bunch of hermies

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Dunno much about plant counts do know this bout El Paso....

Out in the West Texas town of El Paso
I fell in love with a Mexican girl
Night-time would find me in Rosa's cantina
Music would play and Felina would whirl

Blacker than night were the eyes of Felina
Wicked and evil while casting a spell
My love was deep for this Mexican maiden
I was in love but in vain, I could tell

One night a wild young cowboy came in
Wild as the West Texas wind
Dashing and daring
A drink he was sharing
With wicked Felina
The girl that I loved

So in anger I
Challenged his right for the love of this maiden
Down went his hand for the gun that he wore
My challenge was answered in less than a heart-beat
The handsome young stranger lay dead on the floor

Just for a moment I stood there in silence
Shocked by the foul evil deed I had done
Many thoughts raced through my mind as I stood there
I had but one chance and that was to run

Out through the back door of Rosa's I ran
Out where the horses were tied
I caught a good one
It looked like it could run
Up on its back
And away I did ride

Just as fast as I
Could from the West Texas town of El Paso
Out to the bad-lands of New Mexico

Back in El Paso my life would be worthless
Everything's gone in life nothing is left
It's been so long since I've seen the young maiden
My love is stronger than my fear of death

I saddled up and away I did go
Riding alone in the dark
Maybe tomorrow
A bullet may find me
Tonight nothing's worse than this
Pain in my heart

And at last here I
Am on the hill overlooking El Paso
I can see Rosa's cantina below
My love is strong and it pushes me onward
Down off the hill to Felina I go

Off to my right I see five mounted cowboys
Off to my left ride a dozen or more
Shouting and shooting I can't let them catch me
I have to make it to Rosa's back door

Something is dreadfully wrong for I feel
A deep burning pain in my side
Though I am trying
To stay in the saddle
I'm getting weary
Unable to ride

But my love for
Felina is strong and I rise where I've fallen
Though I am weary I can't stop to rest
I see the white puff of smoke from the rifle
I feel the bullet go deep in my chest

From out of nowhere Felina has found me
Kissing my cheek as she kneels by my side
Cradled by two loving arms that I'll die for
One little kiss and Felina, good-bye

Last edited:
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
A little off topic but how and what would one do to start let's say a seed company? Do you need special lisceneing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom