Electical Bill Help Me!!!

• Thread starter gogetta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gogetta

Hey THC FAM im plannin 2 start an indoor grow soon...and i was wondering how much do you think i can let my ELECTRICAL BILL raise to before things look suspicious? I will be having 2400 watts in hps and maybe 1-400w mh...is this too much for an indoor grow considering that power will also be used from other things such as the exhaust fan(s), timers, a/c, etc? PLEASE HELP...ALL ADVICE APPRECIATED!!!

D

Dubwobble

The power companies don't care, as long as you pay.

I've run up a $9700 power bill. Paid it all in cash, no problems.

Give them their share and all is good.

Don't ever tap power. Then it's all bad.

You normally have about 3 months before they issue a shut-off notice ;)

G

gogetta

Ok thx alot Dub....thats makes a BIG AZZ RELIEF 4 REAL...LOL.hey jus from this setup thought that i mentioned, from experience does it at least "sound" like its $1000-$2000 or even more? jus want a rough # or sumthin...thx..What are you runnin? lol

all advice appreciated...GoG

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok thx alot Dub....thats makes a BIG AZZ RELIEF 4 REAL...LOL.hey jus from this setup thought that i mentioned, from experience does it at least "sound" like its $1000-$2000 or even more? jus want a rough # or sumthin...thx..What are you runnin? lol

all advice appreciated...GoG

Your power bill should not even be 1000.00 (Your talking a relatively small setup). Now if your asking about the equipment, that will probably run more than 2000.00

D

Dubwobble

In Cali, over baseline power usage is really expensive, but I don't know where you are from.

Looking at your setup : 2400 watts HPPS + 400 watt MH + fans and all would be around $1000 a month (maybe less)

Plus whatever your regular house usage is.

G

gogetta

THX!!! HEY HOW MUCH IS LIKE OVERBOARD? IS BETWEEN $1000-$2000 OVERBOARD?....SORRY IF THIS SEEMS LIKE A DUMB SUBJECT BUT IVE BEEN DOIN VERY GOOD PLANNING AND IM JUST TRYING TO BE SAFE..GoG

oh nd lets jus say im in SE US....peninsula state...lol

G

gogetta

Your power bill should not even be 1000.00 (Your talking a relatively small setup). Now if your asking about the equipment, that will probably run more than 2000.00

yea i got that down to a total almost...a little under 2 g'z

F

FileError404

Depends how high your kw/h rate is or if it is tiered. At 25c KW/h a 1K light at 12/12 will cost about $100/month.

There are Energy cost calculators all over the web, just type in your rate and usage.

gl

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Around here it is 10-12 cents a kilowatt hours. 3000w is 3 kw hr. So 10 cents times 3 is 30 cents every hour the lights are on. 12 hrs x 30 cents is $3.60 cents a day. Say 4 bucks. 30 days would be $120 a month plus your normal usage.

I general rule of thumb for everything like fans and such is $50 a month in electric for every 1000w bulb. A 400w is about $20 a month.

Find out how much a kilowatt hour cost and figure it out. But it should be similar if most states have the same electric costs.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I was researching and southern cal has about double the rate of my area in some counties. So. Cal is 15 to 20 cents so $100 per 1000w should be a good general rule.

D

Dubwobble

Pardon me, but I don't you are calculating that correctly.

I would give my left nut to pay that little.

----------------------

Baseline usage is cheap, around 15 cents kwh nationwide.

But pretty much anyone growing is going WAY over baseline.

I went to the PG&E "Understand Your Electric Charges" page, here is what i get for 3000 kWh = $1186 total estimated energy charge (based on a 30-day billing cycle @ 24 hours always on) *Does not include miscellaneous charges

You can estimate yours here by Zip Code: http://www.pge.com/myhome/myaccount/charges/

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

"Pardon me, but I don't you are calculating that correctly.

I would give my left nut to pay that little."

I think he is calculating that correctly. Here it is .09 kwh. During the summer I run 2k flower plus portable a/c, 400 veg, t-5's seedlings and fans in all. Those plus my regular usage: central air (main chunk, it's hotter then Hell here in the summer), lights, washer, dryer, stove, etc., runs about 500.00-600.00 a month. .25kwh is f%@&*ed up but the heat here equals some of it out. You guys imagine trying indoor when it's 100 degrees with 98% rh during the day and 85 degrees with 85% rh at night.

C

CAPO

Damn...your getting robbed, Dub!
Check out Northern...you can run more than twice that for less and the baseline is only $378 for the place I looked.
Great link by the way.

If I were LEO, I would probably look for "spikes" of large amounts of electricity running on 12 hour cycles, more than excessive use. This is not how most lazy LEO work. They like to depend on narcs 9 times out of 10. Pay your bill on time everytime and you won't have an issue with electric companies.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i think you will be fine i don't know what these guys are paying but for me i run 3k watts plus 764 cfm fan, 35 pint dehumidifier. 2 180 cfm fans for each carbon scrubber. plus 2 fans in each tent. 1 fan in veg room, areo 60 cloner the two 1ks are on 12/12 for flower and one of the 1ks is 24 hour for veg. plus tvs and rest of house hold stuff and bills about $220.00 a month and then like $70.00 for delivery charge. im around 15 cents a kilowatt. i have been running this set up for over a year. i use quantum dimmable ballast at 120V.

on a side not i don't think a 400 MH will be enough to keep your veg room going if your are trying to run perpetual. depending how many moms you got and how many plants you run under each 1k. but im assuming 12-16 under each 1k hps.

a good rule of thumb to stay under the radar is 6-8k for a 4 bedroom house and that bill will be about 450-600 a month depending how much other electric you use.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i could barley make money if it cost 1186.00 a month for 3k watts. think about this, 1 is your veg so you run 2k hps for flower. and say you pull 1.5 lbs per 1k. that's 3 lbs out my way i get 4000-5200 a lbs depending how i break it down. out in Cali you get less. after you factor in nutes soil roughly $250.00 per light, plus a 2-3k a month mortgage. is it even worth it? and if that's just 3k watts what about a/c or tv microwave radio, vacuum and ext. central air? your barley squeaking by.

D

Dubwobble

1000 watts @ one hour = 1 kWh
1000 watts @ 24 hours (one day) = 24 kWh
1000 watts @ 730 hours (all month) = 730 kWh
2000 watts @ 730 hours (all month) = 1460 kHw

1/2 that for 12/12 = 365 kWh
2 lights at 12/12 is = 730 kWh

So say 2 1000's watt lights running 12/12 = 730 kWh
Plus, say another 1000 @ 24 hrs for veg lights & fans @ 730 hours (all month) = 730 kWh

That comes to 1460 kWh a month.

At my rate it would $516 a month without household monthly usage.

Electricity costs out here (west coast) is what bites most people in the ass. Almost everyone I know is constantly back-paying multi-thousand dollar electricity bills.

Almost all the big grows steal electricity. Shit, even the smaller "whole house" grows steal electricity.

One of my buddies pays about $130 a day,almost $4000 a month. It's only a house sized grow.

M

mrdizzle

I pay about $2,000 a month for 5,500kwh per month. pretty shitty, its the baseline over charges for not living green

L

LEBDOG

The DWP are run by Nazi's here in SoCal. They owe the city like 123 Million and rather than pay or go to jail, the DWP refused to pay until the city last week, gave them a 4 cent increase in their rates.

This is truly a crime and the more I live where I do, the more I know the money is just being mis-appropriated and blown by Enron like white collar criminals. I guarantee the DWP is shifting their books to make things look all rosie. They have established a history or blackmailing the city and getting away with it (similar to the big banks and the feds). It's just a damn shame.

I am no conspiracy theorist and in fact hate this kind of thinking.
The DWP are simply straight crooks!

I simply pay this criminal piper and it looks like I will be paying him 4 cents more...

I run 1600W lights and a lot of fans and A/C and pay about $225 per month for my gardens power.

Top Bottom