Electical Bill Help Me!!!

• Thread starter gogetta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

vertstyle

I think baseline is somewhere around 20 cents over baseline around here is something like 34 cents, it's crazy how cheap some people have it.

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

1000 watts @ one hour = 1 kWh
1000 watts @ 24 hours (one day) = 24 kWh
1000 watts @ 730 hours (all month) = 730 kWh
2000 watts @ 730 hours (all month) = 1460 kHw

1/2 that for 12/12 = 365 kWh
2 lights at 12/12 is = 730 kWh

So say 2 1000's watt lights running 12/12 = 730 kWh
Plus, say another 1000 @ 24 hrs for veg lights & fans @ 730 hours (all month) = 730 kWh

That comes to 1460 kWh a month.

At my rate it would $516 a month without household monthly usage.

Electricity costs out here (west coast) is what bites most people in the ass. Almost everyone I know is constantly back-paying multi-thousand dollar electricity bills.

Almost all the big grows steal electricity. Shit, even the smaller "whole house" grows steal electricity.

One of my buddies pays about $130 a day,almost $4000 a month. It's only a house sized grow.

1460 kwh X .10 = 140.00. 516.00 a month would be .35 kwh. That's assuming you have no hours at baseline and all your hours are .35. Highest I've heard of. I think you are the one that is miscalculating.

B

BlueWater

There's no doubt elec. is a real concern wrt overhead in CA. But it's not a dealbreaker. You just have to run a tight ship, turn out great quality and be maximizing on production, ie little to no downtime between cycles and getting good yields obviously. On the east coast, at least in the areas i'm familiar with it's barely a consideration but it's gotten higher in recent years. Plus you're getting top dollar for lbs.

why not bump your flowering room up to 4k? 1k for veg./moms. 2400w isn't raising any suspicions, seriously.

D

Donk Frog

Fuck me ....u guys in the US pay too much for hydro...no wonder we in Canada sell power to you guys .,...no one here would be crazy enough to pay those prices..
I run about 4000w all together..... it adds an extra $40-$50 a month to what my bill was before growing inside......

G

gogetta

Wow....thanx alot guys i think i am gonna boost up my grow...the flower was 2400w (4-600 hps)...and 400w veg...but what i hear from things, i may end of doin 3K flower and 1k veg......SOUNDS BETTER? HOPE TO GET ANYWHERE FROM 5-7 LBS. PERPETUAL EVERY MONTH....ND IT'LL PAY THA BILLS EASILY...AS SOMEONE SAID N THA THREAD ...THEY DO PAY GOOD FOR LBS...ON THE EAST....IM GONNA DO A LITTLE BE A LITTLE MORE RESEARCH THOUGH..OH AND DO YOU GUYS THINK 3-1000W LAMPS IS BETTER THAN 5-600W. LAMPS?

JH420

JH420

Wow....thanx alot guys i think i am gonna boost up my grow...the flower was 2400w (4-600 hps)...and 400w veg...but what i hear from things, i may end of doin 3K flower and 1k veg......SOUNDS BETTER? HOPE TO GET ANYWHERE FROM 5-7 LBS. PERPETUAL EVERY MONTH....ND IT'LL PAY THA BILLS EASILY...AS SOMEONE SAID N THA THREAD ...THEY DO PAY GOOD FOR LBS...ON THE EAST....IM GONNA DO A LITTLE BE A LITTLE MORE RESEARCH THOUGH..OH AND DO YOU GUYS THINK 3-1000W LAMPS IS BETTER THAN 5-600W. LAMPS?

With a 3k flower and 1k veg, you're gonna probably be at around 6k by the time you factor in fans and AC etc.

With that setup you aint getting 5-7 per month...you mean per entire harvest right?

As for the 3-1k vs 5-600s you will get all kinds of answers. I will assume you are buying all the equipment from sctratch then for sure get the 3-1k far better value...also less ballasts = less things to go wrong.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Fuck me ....u guys in the US pay too much for hydro...no wonder we in Canada sell power to you guys .,...no one here would be crazy enough to pay those prices..
I run about 4000w all together..... it adds an extra $40-$50 a month to what my bill was before growing inside......
Is there a jaw-hitting-the-floor emoticon here? That's the increase in my monthly rates just for adding a 600W flowering room (with accoutrement draws--fans, electric blanket, etc.).

One of the big huge reasons our rates are so high in most of California are that the voters have voted down pretty much all attempts to build power generating plants, I'd like to say for at least the last 20 years. This doesn't begin to address the issues with the PUC and major utility suppliers, of course.

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
Is there a jaw-hitting-the-floor emoticon here? That's the increase in my monthly rates just for adding a 600W flowering room (with accoutrement draws--fans, electric blanket, etc.).

One of the big huge reasons our rates are so high in most of California are that the voters have voted down pretty much all attempts to build power generating plants, I'd like to say for at least the last 20 years. This doesn't begin to address the issues with the PUC and major utility suppliers, of course.

Yep.:confused0054:

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm paying a little over $1000/month for a 5k watt setup. That's including all other household usage in a 2k sq.ft house. The bill was about $300 before the setup. I'm in the south.

I think the only time you have to worry about LEO checking your electric usage, is when they already have suspicion that you are growing(snitches etc.). They are looking for anything to substantiate a search warrant. At this point it doesn't matter if your bill is high or not. If they think your growing, they will find probable cause one way or another! What you really need to be worrying about is NOT TELLING ANYONE THAT YOU GROW! If people could just do this one simple thing, there would be far less of us behind bars! No matter how much you think you can trust that friend of yours that you have known your whole life, he will snitch you out in a heart beat to save his own ass! I beg everyone to take this as your number #1 rule to growing. DONT LET ANYBODY KNOW YOUR GROWING!:nod

G

gogetta

LOL Thx alot manicgrower...great advice...so yea that sounds good...GoG

G

gogetta

With a 3k flower and 1k veg, you're gonna probably be at around 6k by the time you factor in fans and AC etc.

With that setup you aint getting 5-7 per month...you mean per entire harvest right?

As for the 3-1k vs 5-600s you will get all kinds of answers. I will assume you are buying all the equipment from sctratch then for sure get the 3-1k far better value...also less ballasts = less things to go wrong.

Yea, 3000w of flowering from the entire harvest(8 weeks)...well i did learn from research that expectations are always too high of the final weight...so can u guys basically give me a range on what 3000w is capable of produciing with everything pretty much dialed in...and a strain that has med-high yield?...for example Mendo Purps...thx...GoG

j wizzle

j wizzle

the 600s are going to be more energy efficient, but they wont have the same light penetration. so its all about your setup. i do a DWC SCROG and take off all foliage under my screen. i get around 1/4lb-1/2lb per plant and you can get 3-4 under a single light

my electricity if $300/month in a 2k sq ft home. i run my lights from 6:30pm-6:30am

i have 4- 600w in flower and a 250w t5 for veg running 24 hours. i have an A/C and inline fan running in flower.

i think each 600 adds $40/month in flower, so figure around 70 for the 1000s.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
what you need to also do is change all your light bulbs in the house get those energy saving ones that run like 7 watts each change out all those 75 watt bulbs by the time your done it will pay for a light itself.

as far as wieght goes depending on your strain. some strain will push past these numbers at each level. but wont sell for as much and some will. and these numbers are based on multilight set ups not just 1 or 2 lights.

1 lbs per 1k watt - rookie
1.5 lbs per light - semi pro
2 lbs per 1k watt- pro's

j wizzle

j wizzle

what you need to also do is change all your light bulbs in the house get those energy saving ones that run like 7 watts each change out all those 75 watt bulbs by the time your done it will pay for a light itself.

did that as well. swapped out most of my standard bulbs with newer efficient bulbs.

JH420

JH420

If you type into the search engine "best cash crop strain" you will get a huge thread with many great answers. My vote goes to Chemdog D, a rare breed that yields as good as she smokes.

D

Dubwobble

Sgt Shultz - as stated.... baseline in my area is a measly 294 kWh.

Anything over that is not baseline charges... simple.

You cost estimate of .10 per kWh is WAY off buddy.

Even my baseline rate is over .10 per kWh

Do you even pay your own electricity, or do you parents???

I am using my bill, and the PG&E calculator on their site to get these numbers, I am not "pulling them outta my ass"

... oh well. Just thought I'd help. When you get your first electrical bill you can do your own damn figuring after your jaw hits the floor.

C

CAPO

The DWP are run by Nazi's here in SoCal. They owe the city like 123 Million and rather than pay or go to jail, the DWP refused to pay until the city last week, gave them a 4 cent increase in their rates.

This is truly a crime and the more I live where I do, the more I know the money is just being mis-appropriated and blown by Enron like white collar criminals. I guarantee the DWP is shifting their books to make things look all rosie. They have established a history or blackmailing the city and getting away with it (similar to the big banks and the feds). It's just a damn shame.

I am no conspiracy theorist and in fact hate this kind of thinking.
The DWP are simply straight crooks!

I simply pay this criminal piper and it looks like I will be paying him 4 cents more...

I run 1600W lights and a lot of fans and A/C and pay about $225 per month for my gardens power.

HA!...I say build some freakin wind farms in the desert already....shit is r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s in some parts of Cali with the tier/baseline bullshit. On top of all that it sounds like with the re-working of the grid with the "smart-boxes" is making peoples bills even more expensive with no real explanation.

M

Mr.Toque

as long as the electric company get their money ur good bro, just dont fall on the payments cuz thats wen their like "where's my money ", then things possibly go down hill, pay on time and in full and you should be fine, just dont over do urself to end up with a high bill that you cant pay, start slow and work with it

S

sirsmokealot

I had 3 600's running in flower, one 6" exhaust fan, a 45 pint dehuey, a few oscillating fans and a 10k btu portable ac at my pops place with just him and mom living there and the bill was over a grand a month...This is in Socal using PGE...

Top Bottom