electric bills and busts

• Thread starter anderson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

420king-MASSES

you should be able to run 2 1ooowatt lights for every bedroom in the house while still living in ur house [ie fridge heat ac computer tv video games stereos] whith out drawing any attention by the electric comp

N

naturehd

i apologize if i insulted anyone about disagreeing with being paranoid and growing(truly was not my intention). i spent 2 yrs in state prison and forced voluntary military service for 6 years to reduce my sentence of 10 yrs for cultivation outdoors and manufacturing/distribution charges. as a result i do not sell i just grow for the love of it(plus im a chimney lol). now with this smart meter i have on the side of my house i had to readjust my light timing and go to smaller wattages in order to feel safe. it can still be hidden easily with many of the fine examples i seen on this thread. and yes if you are always looking over your shoulder due to nerves then i would agree with motherlode and not grow. as opinions are just that(be it many experienced ones) i would say just do some legitimate research to find facts in your area and your questions will be answered for you. go to your power companies website and see what the average usage is and go from there is a decent place to start. once again im sorry for any miswording on my part, i have mad respect for all the growers on this site and would never claim to have good advise compared to anyone here.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
no bro - no harm no foul - I only quoted you because I wasnt sure which post you were referring to

you certainly didnt offend me - I have no problem with people having other views - just wanted to reiterate that I wasnt trying to be sarcastic - yeah jail sux man and some shit is not worth having to stress on losing (or lose)your freedom over

I took a few years off myself for reasons I wont go into here

A

anderson

I appreciate everyones views here.

I've decided growing in my current state is not for me. It's a losing game. FLIR without a warrant in my state is a regular occurrence, and it's officially documented that electric companies will snitch on you even without police requesting it. Therefore, you basically have no control over two major, serious issues that could potentially ruin your life.

I can take the risk of a narc, an error on my part, or a one-in-a-million fire. But growing in a situation where two serious security threats are 100% out of my control? Just stupidity, from my point of view.

I appreciate this thread and the people who participated for helping me through my thought process.

Next stop? Colorado baby. Time to start living my life without looking over my shoulder. Hopefully I can make it financially.

Cheers.

N

naturehd

good deal bro adn your business is always yours alone. but anyhows lol back to the thread at hand lol. anderson hope ya get the answers ya friend.

B

brncow

How about unhooking the electric water heater, hook up a tankless water heater in it's place so you still have hot water if you need it for short showers and dishes. Can take it with you when you move. Also, for the hardcore, turning off the fridge and using either a small RV fridge or an ice chest will save some kwhs . People in the north can use the outside air to cool on back porch. Don't use non essential lights including a porch light. Get a key chain LED instead. Get solar powered security outside lights if needed to see after dark. Remember to turn off light as as you leave the room. CFLs will help some. Take some loads to the local laundry for a few more watts saved.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I appreciate everyones views here.

I've decided growing in my current state is not for me. It's a losing game. FLIR without a warrant in my state is a regular occurrence, and it's officially documented that electric companies will snitch on you even without police requesting it. Therefore, you basically have no control over two major, serious issues that could potentially ruin your life.

I can take the risk of a narc, an error on my part, or a one-in-a-million fire. But growing in a situation where two serious security threats are 100% out of my control? Just stupidity, from my point of view.

I appreciate this thread and the people who participated for helping me through my thought process.

Next stop? Colorado baby. Time to start living my life without looking over my shoulder. Hopefully I can make it financially.

Cheers.

right on man - utimately you did what was right for you in your situation

Top Bottom