Electric cost???

• Thread starter c4NN4daze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

c4NN4daze

Farmers, I will ahve a 4000 watt lite garden in my future with fans a/c unit, two filters. As well a a nursery with a t5, and a veg room with a 400 wat mH, and possibly a mother tent.

My question will be the cost to run this a month.

CD

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

It really depends on where you live man, can vary too much for someone to really let you know. If your in California It would likely be $500 a month or more. Plan high say like 6-700 a month just in power and if it is not an amount you can handle then you should drop some of the lights. Nice thing is that it is likely going to be a LOT less and you will be happy. I live in Northern California and on City of Redding Power.. 300 a month for a 2 1k light setup fans all the shit to go with it. You will hear a tremendous variance in the amounts people pay.. I know people who have 8 lights and tons of equipment and pay what I do.. I also know people who have 10 lights and pay a grand a month or more. Hope that gives you a rough idea..I would say you really should not be OVER 6-700 regardless of where in the country you are. So plan high to be safe.

You can also go on website of whoever provides your power and calculate it that way by the KWH rate.

Also your costs can fluctuate a TON depending on the weather.. more you run that AC unit more you pay.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I am in Pennsylvania and the east coast might be behind the times as far as medical pot goes but we do have electricity for 10.5 cents per kw right now. That is as about as cheap as it gets.

that is true irony? West coast legal but electricity is expensive. East coat it is illegal but we have cheap electricity. WTF??

S

SSHZ

My cost is 9.8 cents per kw but by the time you add delivery, taxes and all the other crap- it's around 12 cents. I use 3200 lighting watts plus fans, pumps, exhausts, filters, meters, and whatever else I'm forgetting. It adds up quickly and gets quite expensive, especially when you add a/c. Plan high cause it will be. Also, winter rates are cheaper than summer rates. Winter rates may be a penney or two higher per kw......

C

c4NN4daze

thanks guys. SSHZ,...what are you paying month for your garden?

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
post your threads in the correct section.

this is for forum help and suggestions only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom