Electric Question, LED's Extension Cords/Settings

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Couple quick questions about electric/lighting. I'm on a budget so for my 5x5 I got two Bestva 1000W LED's. I'm planning on plugging each LED into its own extension cord and then into a powerbar that has a built in timer. I'm getting 6 foot extension cords, do I need any special type of cord? Also, the lights have a VEG or BLOOM setting or you can use both. Should I use both at any point or should I just follow the VEG/BLOOM? Thanks for your help!
Electric question leds extension cordssettings
Electric question leds extension cordssettings 2
Electric question leds extension cordssettings 3
Electric question leds extension cordssettings 4

BigCube

BigCube

The fixtures only take 185w each.
You could plug them both in to a normal extension cord without an issue.

You're going to want way more and better light. The rule is 35w per sq foot for LED. 5x5x35=875. More than twice what you have. Also you're going to want to steer clear of burple lights.
If you want some suggestions, look in to quantum boards. They can be had cheap from china sites like alibaba.

Good luck!

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

The fixtures only take 185w each.
You could plug them both in to a normal extension cord without an issue.

You're going to want way more and better light. The rule is 35w per sq foot for LED. 5x5x35=875. More than twice what you have. Also you're going to want to steer clear of burple lights.
If you want some suggestions, look in to quantum boards. They can be had cheap from china sites like alibaba.

Good luck!
Thanks, I definitely want one of those. I stretched my budget to the max for my set up but I have no problem saving up to grab a much better lighting setup for my next crop. Is it worth it to put one more 1000W in the tent? Or should I just deal with it for this grow and upgrade on my next one?

BigCube

BigCube

Thanks, I definitely want one of those. I stretched my budget to the max for my set up but I have no problem saving up to grab a much better lighting setup for my next crop. Is it worth it to put one more 1000W in the tent? Or should I just deal with it for this grow and upgrade on my next one?

I would not buy another one of those.
240w quantum boards can be had for the same price. More wattage and better light for less price.

Search alibab for kingbrite 240w quantum board. They are quite a deal

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

I would not buy another one of those.
240w quantum boards can be had for the same price. More wattage and better light for less price.

Search alibab for kingbrite 240w quantum board. They are quite a deal
Thank you, I'll definitely do that!

Top Bottom