Electrical Controllers and Electrical Rooms

• Thread starter Olyver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Olyver

Olyver

This thread is to showcase your custom electrical controllers, electrical rooms, wiring, etc.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Bring it on Olyver, lets c what u got?? Word on the street is, ur the man when it comes to custom electronics.

Confu...

Olyver

Olyver

Will post some pics too, but I've seen some really nice stuff built by others too, especially one guy named Mark as well as a few members here who have built kool kontrollers....lol

Olyver

Olyver

Panel 3
20 Ballast Flip

36 light controller with options
D

devilsshare

one thing i would recommend for any lighting controller is to add a high temp cutoff, just in case an ac fails (or someone who's drunk accidentally hits a breaker and comes in the next day hung over to a 140 degree room full of dead plants).
seen it happen, sad and easily avoidable. Easily one of the most important and cost effective aspect of any grow.

controller looks clean Olyver.

Olyver

Olyver

200A 3-phase loadcenter and 2 x 10 ballast flips. Even though all the contactors and PLC were mounted in the loadcenter instead of a seperate attached NEMA enclosure, a small fan was added at the bottom to draw any warm air from the loadcenter. A thermal fuse was added to shutoff all ballasts in 1/100 second. With the extra safety, the inspector passed it as a one time installation. Both of the flips were linked to the loadcenter to sync ballasts powering off and on with lights flipping to ensure a cold flip.

3 phase loadcenter  2 x 10 ballast flips

Olyver

Olyver

Thanx Mr. White. 200A 3-phase 48 x 1000w ballasts. This panel is matched up with two x 24 ballast flips. Three PLCs link them so that a multitude of programming and lighting schedules can be used. The two rooms with 48 lights have the option of sectioning both rooms in half so that there is 4 rooms, each having flower 12/12 or veg 18/6 schedules. When the lights need to be flipped, 4 ballasts are powered off, then the lights flip, ballasts power back on. There are 24 Quantums and 24 Lumateks being used.

48 ballasts 3 phase 200A

3 phase 200A 48 x 1000w ballasts
3 phase 200A 48 x 1000w ballasts with options
Olyver

Olyver

Thanx, but they're are a few other members who've built some nice panels, one had SSRs instead of contactors. I wish I had pix of a show in central BC that was monitored with satellite communication, industrial power panel, I think about 300KW, totally nice. There are some nice growrooms out there and 100s of peeps have pics, lol. hopefully more get posted, just make sure no gps info with pic.

B

bobbybrown

Thanx Mr. White. 200A 3-phase 48 x 1000w ballasts. This panel is matched up with two x 24 ballast flips. Three PLCs link them so that a multitude of programming and lighting schedules can be used. The two rooms with 48 lights have the option of sectioning both rooms in half so that there is 4 rooms, each having flower 12/12 or veg 18/6 schedules. When the lights need to be flipped, 4 ballasts are powered off, then the lights flip, ballasts power back on. There are 24 Quantums and 24 Lumateks being used.

View attachment 240691

So did this power a total of 96 1000w lights? I have a question for you.

How many lights could be run with 2 200 amp 3 phase panels? We need atleast 1 veg room, or the ability to veg in the actual rooms.

I could never understand how 3 phase worked, so I couldn't maximize my place. I was only able to design a place that runs 45 lights. 36 flowering lights and 9 veg lights in 5 rooms....with your crazy lighting load centers, what can you for me?

If you can design something for me that will run more lights, I will buy it and have an electrician install it...I am currently running 3 Powerbox DPC15000's with 2 LSM-20's.

Olyver

Olyver

It did power 96 lights and 48 ballasts at 1000W each. Max power from a 3-phase 200A panel would be 57.6KW (80%) of 72KW, that's why only 48 ballasts were used, could have gone as many as 57 ballasts. With 3-phase power, most important is to make sure power across all the legs is balanced, which is easy to do if the number of ballasts is divisable by 3.

I can do anthing for you, I can design and built exactly to you need, even mount receptacles on one side or both sides of the 200A 3-phase panel, which is about 4 feet tall. By code everything has to be mounted outside of a panel in a NEMA rated enclosure and attached with EMT fittings or conduit. It may be a big unit, but will be easy to mount. You can PM me BB if you want so I can give you another email to contact me at, thanx for the interest.

G

groundscore

olyver>> anything i could check out on a slightly smaller scale? was about to grab one of these 12kw controllers, rather spend money with a fellow farmer though. looking for something with smartflip that can control up to 12k

Olyver

Olyver

The PLCs are easy to program, just depends on how many items you want to control and the number of timing cycles. Some programs have taken a few hours to do. If you send me a PM Groundscore, I can help you out. A smartflip is easy to build to control the flip relays and the ballast contactors.

K

kushtrees

That is unreal!! Very very cool!! I definitely want one, makes me want to change my electrical just be cool

Top Bottom