Electrical Issues. $$ Savings?

• Thread starter StrikeitRich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Yikes! I pay $0.08 Per Kwh. When I use over 3000 it drops to 7.2 cents a Kwh. They are bending yall over on electric.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Tejas. Deregulated electric. At first made the bills jump high .17-.25 cents. Now there is about 10 to 15 electric companies and I have seen as low as .05 per Kwh.

BTW I have that locked for 3 years. Yea Boi!

S

StrikeitRich

Tejas. Deregulated electric. At first made the bills jump high .17-.25 cents. Now there is about 10 to 15 electric companies and I have seen as low as .05 per Kwh.

BTW I have that locked for 3 years. Yea Boi!

Damn all day every day? If so rock on with ur bad self!!:rock

j wizzle

j wizzle

damn...that must be nice.

i called my provider and was told the time of use rate is now over and you have to be grandfathered in. i have a smart meter too, sucks... guess im stuck with .17 kwh for now. they said in the future they will do something, but not for a couple months at least

click80

click80

jesus... 17 frugging cents/kwh.

shite.... i don't want to tell ya'll but on my off peak deal here in CO i pay .04/kwh off peak and .15 on peak..

wow...im like feeling for ya..seriously

ttystikk

ttystikk

Sometimes, it's the power you don't use that's saving you money. I posted an experiment on a forum 'built my own light rotator, wanna see?' This holds the promise to reduce power consumption by lighting drastically.

S

StrikeitRich

Sometimes, it's the power you don't use that's saving you money. I posted an experiment on a forum 'built my own light rotator, wanna see?' This holds the promise to reduce power consumption by lighting drastically.

Sure Post pics please.

Ty,
S i R

P

potgutz

For starters use 2 600's its cheaper than running a 1000 don't know how but it is and in ya veg stage u only need to use one of them

click80

click80

For starters use 2 600's its cheaper than running a 1000 don't know how but it is and in ya veg stage u only need to use one of them

I would be very interested in knowing how it is cheaper.

Funtcas3

Funtcas3

hey jwizzle how is that smart meter? i here they can tell patterns like 12/12.

S

Sunbiz1

Well, I simply hope LED's improve and come down in cost...electric bill issues would no longer be an issue...plus many of you won't be dealing with these temp problems.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
In the reefkeeping world LEDs have become well established. However, I've read more than one person saying that because such a huge array is needed, heat can still be a problem.

click80

click80

In the reefkeeping world LEDs have become well established. However, I've read more than one person saying that because such a huge array is needed, heat can still be a problem.

seamaiden have you heard about Induction lighting? I know it has been around a loooooong time, since tesla i think, but is there anything new with it? I have heard some rumblings here and there, and i think it is almost affordable. When i went to check it out though I noticed all the measurement numbers they were throwing around and i just dont have time right now to get back into relearning PPFD etc....

so any input?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, I've heard of it, but last time I investigated the pricing on bulbs alone was just outrageous.

click80

click80

yeah, i did a real quick look through and it is about a 800 dollar investment for a 400w. BUT IF what I was reading was correct about PPFD, I did not go back to Sanjays (?) site and reread all that yet, maybe in the future, but it they are not playing with numbers, then the EDFL running on solar panels would be really nice and earth friendly. I really like that part, but yes the initial investment is steep. Sigh...one day i hope the world will move past money...plus they are giving a 100,000 hour/ten year warranty on bulbs...how about that? Reminds me of when Chrysler started offering the 5 year/100,000 mile warrantys and everyone was pooping themselves over that...

But, soon as I get a little bit mo money, I am adding a grow dome on the back of my new place...cant beat the sun imo...and you dont need a timer...HaHa

sorry for jacking the thread...lol

M

mr.stankydank

smart meter sucks

yes not only do they bill u more for using electricity during peak hours , and charge u for going over ur basic line usage during peak hours.. the meters are so accurate ur electrical bill will double if not triple just from old changeover alone...do let them install smart meter , keep old magnetic one ,, u have a choice .....and they can shut u off from there headquarters now from computer , no more coming to property to shut off .. those dogs wont work anymore...dude switch to a 600 at 240 volt u might yeild more because less heat and keep canopy closer to top of plants,all different varibles..the heat from 1000 is a pain to deal with.....i am spealking from expeirence. i have smart meter now ...what use to cost me 550.00 for 4 1000 watts for flowering and 1 600 for mothers at 20 hours a day. now its like 1500.00 ;;;;sticker shock...buy stock in pgand e there profits triple now because of smart meter......who gave them all the fuckin power .....:mad0233:stankydank

j wizzle

j wizzle

hey jwizzle how is that smart meter? i here they can tell patterns like 12/12.

100% true....they literally send you a bill with KW used per hour shown on a chart. so my chart looks like a total grow op. i called and asked about an off hour use rate and just told them i run CNC machines in my garage for 12 hours straight.

i was on the CARE program....i just got a notice in the mail asking me for proof of my low income...lol

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
consider yourself extremely luck bro, I was paying .44 cent, for a 9k, 5000kwh month the bill would be $2500, plus a $3000 rent. You can make it bro just add more light

This is exactly the pain I am feeling with my electric co. May switch to solar just to bring me down a tier or two. Could actually be worth the initial expense of 30k or so.

Not sure if you qualify S I R, but you may be able to get on a low income program as well, which would cut your power bill substantially. I have a couple friends who do this. They are runnign twice the lights and paying half as much.

Top Bottom