Electrical Question Please help.

• Thread starter THC Scientific
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
THC Scientific

THC Scientific

I have a 3 phase 100 amp service coming in from the main. 1awg Alimunim wire i think 90 Degree rated. Im not sure.

Is there any way I can turn this into a 225 amp service without changing the main?

J

Jalisco Kid

There are phase inverters but they would cost more then dropping in another panel. JK

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Some of the considerations are the wire size feeding your panel and the size of the fuses on the power company side.
You could die if mistakes are made. Hire an electrician.
:icon_spin:

D

dusty

Yes you can change the phase but why not run the ballasts at the 3 phase voltage and run a lot more of them?

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

upgrade to a 200 its not too much $$ , dudes on craigslist do it cheap

THC Scientific

THC Scientific

I can only draw 100 amps from the electrical main. It is a 1 awg wire coming in from the electrical room. Only thing i can do is maybe add a generator, because every electrician i talked to said not even sub panels can help. As i can only draw 100 amps from the main.

D

dusty

Correct but what voltage are you at brotha? 480? 600? ...You can run 25 1kW ballasts on 480V..

If you want more amps just call the power company and get a permit from the county/city and upgrade that panel to whatever amperage rating you need. They just come and drop a thicker wire in and change the panel and meter base out for a heavier duty one and change the transformer if needed :) Should be easy if you want to make the moves to do it...

J

Jalisco Kid

I know a DD 400A service panel cost around 8 bills,a 200A subpanel about 140, maybe 100 for permit.And a days pay for electrician. JK

R

REGISTRD

I know a DD 400A service panel cost around 8 bills,a 200A subpanel about 140, maybe 100 for permit.And a days pay for electrician. JK

Ya that sounds like what Id do yet Id still do it all myself!

NOt sure what your running or what your doing maybe a better idea of what your shooting for will let us give you a better idea of what route to go!! Pm if needed Im an electrician to some extent if needed i got my boss(city inspector)lol...

N

noone88

Most 100 amp services in CA for light industrial is 208 volt, 3 phase.

That ends up most likely a single room, 10-12k watts, 3-4 ton ac, and all the extra stuff to run a room. It's definitely cheap though (usually 1k to 2k).

You can lease a industrial space with 200/400 amp service and high voltage, but may be subject to inspection depending on random stuff like fire sprinklers etc.

May be better off having multiple 10k flowering rooms instead of one large 50k watt flowering room.

C

CannaCaino

"You can lease a industrial space with 200/400 amp service and high voltage, but may be subject to inspection depending on random stuff like fire sprinklers etc."

Noone, what other factors beside fire sprinklers contribute to inspections by the fire marshall, or other entities for that matter? Do you know?

Thanks!

hiboy

hiboy

I have a 3 phase 100 amp service coming in from the main. 1awg Alimunim wire i think 90 Degree rated. Im not sure.

Is there any way I can turn this into a 225 amp service without changing the main?

#1 wire is not rated for 225 amp, especially aluminum. aluminum sucks, so try not to dick with it.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
"You can lease a industrial space with 200/400 amp service and high voltage, but may be subject to inspection depending on random stuff like fire sprinklers etc."

Noone, what other factors beside fire sprinklers contribute to inspections by the fire marshall, or other entities for that matter? Do you know?

Thanks!

'depends on the city. in some areas they never come around. in some business areas, fire dept wants to do walkthrus every year. some counties and cities have it written into their codes.

depending on the place, sometimes you can hold them off. depending on the capt., sometimes they get really pissy about it.

Top Bottom