Electrical setup for my new shop. 20x40 , 11x40

• Thread starter MT Farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MT Farmer

So my title says most of it but I'm setting up a brand new building. My space designated towards agriculture is a 20x40, and a 11x40. What is the ultimate electrical setup for a nice shop. Big question I know but I get to build this whole building around this would like to get it right. When I saw the thread show us your switchboards I realized I knew diddly.

N

nouvellechef

Hire someone to do it and tell them how much juice you need and where the outlets go.

B

BlueRhino

What are the service capabilities for this building? 100, 200 Amp Main, city/well water, etc?

BR

J

julsbagell

Premium Member
Supporter
Get 2 200 amp panels put in youll never have to upgrade. But if you dont get both get at least one 200 amp main.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
So my title says most of it but I'm setting up a brand new building. My space designated towards agriculture is a 20x40, and a 11x40. What is the ultimate electrical setup for a nice shop. Big question I know but I get to build this whole building around this would like to get it right. When I saw the thread show us your switchboards I realized I knew diddly.

You can check out my thread and see what I am running in a similar set up I run 2 x 200 amp 120/240 volt 1 phase and 1 x 100 amp 120 /240 volt 1 phase sub panels, 1 x 250 amp 120 /208 3 phase and 1 277/480 volt 200 amp 3 phase panel...JACK

I

InvisibleM

Ok it's working now....

You may want to divide the shop into a few smaller rooms, imagine trimming 20 lights worth all at once. Also are you doing hydro's or soil? Exhaust or a sealed room?

Anyway once you know how many lights in each building plus any other loads then you can plan it out....

Top Bottom