electricity is not something i pay for should i just use HID lights for now?

• Thread starter Ever after
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

if you had someone paying your power bill do you?

• use led lights to save on a power bill you are not paying for

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • do you use the normal tried and true HID lights to grow your favorite buds

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
Ever after

Ever after

again i dont pay my power so i get someone whos nice who pays it for me because its medical i was wondering what you think of leds and someoen who doesnt pay for power should i just use hid lights it seems like leds have made strides bud NO REAL increase yet plus its getting cold where i live so hid's seeem like the better idea and also leds just seem like the option if your in so cal or the desert and dont want to use hella ac power???

YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE NEED THEM ASAP ITS CHRISMAS AND AS A GROWER MY FAMILY WANTS TO BUY ME THE AT 600 AND I DONT WANT TO GET SOMETHING THAT WILL ONLY BE DECENT FOR A YEAR SO WHAT SHOULD I DO are the APARCHE LED t8 and replacements for LED light is that GOOD IDEA TO GET my whole veg using apache led t8 led lights or should i just uuse the hid's i got and just keep growing and forget about leds till the arc 8 comes out from advanced led's because that looks promising once they get the spectrum worked out i do like the 600 at by apache though it looks like its stronger than a 1000w and it uses about 600w i think i could use 1 4x4 and get about the same yield i need i hope but i know nothing about leds

so if you didnt pay for power would you use HID lights? still??????????

Ever after

Ever after

PLEASE REMEMBER WHEN VOTING IM TALKING ABOUT THE FACT I DO NOT HAVE THE LEDS YET BUT HAVE ALL THE HID GARDEN ALREADY SET UP AND I DO NOT PAY FOR POWERING IT

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

Get your bang for the buck and stay hid! Its not much, what, im assuming your running under 2k being your considering led? And if your grow exceedes these standards then led wont do nothing for ya without bending over backwards and breaking your pocket doing soo in comparison.

ttystikk

ttystikk

In your shoes, I'd thank your wonderfully supportive family! You don't pay for power and they want to buy you led bulbs? Go give them all a bunch of hugs n high fives! Seriously! When you're done, here's what you do;

Since you're concerned about using too much of someone else's juice, consider this; go vertical. It is much more efficient and you can stick with HID. I'm planning to buy a Gavita ballast that runs on their new 400V standard- that's to the bulb, the ballast still uses 240. Then, I would buy a splitter and two vertical socket cordsets, and two of the Philips greenpower 600W bulbs that run on this 400V standard. Then hang them vertical inside a cylinder made of field fencing.

I've never done it before, and my first run is showing me that a lot of the old chores were unnecessary, like having to train the plants long before they get to the bloom room.

This way, you'll get big efficiency increases and still be using the best HID technology available.

Ever after

Ever after

i grow the strain the white religiously though can that grow vertically

Ever after

Ever after

i didnt go with the at 600 i told my family its probably a waste of money seeing theres so many new leds coming out soon theres gona be plasma ledlights soon i bet or atleast a 600w cmh bulb hopefuly that would be fun

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

i didnt go with the at 600 i told my family its probably a waste of money seeing theres so many new leds coming out soon theres gona be plasma ledlights soon i bet or atleast a 600w cmh bulb hopefuly that would be fun

a 315 cmh is plenty I'd recommend those. The D-pap is a good one there are a few more out there.

Ever after

Ever after

i hear the 315's cost a lot of wallet cash though i dont have that just plug got zap no cash

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Please stop all the childish bullshit folks. Flaming and threats of violence will not be tolerated.

Everyone involved has received a warning.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

damn @delae632 is on top of shit! I apologize, my post wasnt necessary. thanks for removing.

again i dont pay my power so i get someone whos nice who pays it for me because its medical i was wondering what you think of leds and someoen who doesnt pay for power should i just use hid lights it seems like leds have made strides bud NO REAL increase yet plus its getting cold where i live so hid's seeem like the better idea and also leds just seem like the option if your in so cal or the desert and dont want to use hella ac power???

YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE NEED THEM ASAP ITS CHRISMAS AND AS A GROWER MY FAMILY WANTS TO BUY ME THE AT 600 AND I DONT WANT TO GET SOMETHING THAT WILL ONLY BE DECENT FOR A YEAR SO WHAT SHOULD I DO are the APARCHE LED t8 and replacements for LED light is that GOOD IDEA TO GET my whole veg using apache led t8 led lights or should i just uuse the hid's i got and just keep growing and forget about leds till the arc 8 comes out from advanced led's because that looks promising once they get the spectrum worked out i do like the 600 at by apache though it looks like its stronger than a 1000w and it uses about 600w i think i could use 1 4x4 and get about the same yield i need i hope but i know nothing about leds

so if you didnt pay for power would you use HID lights? still??????????

Yo i would rock HID's over anything. 600's are dope, ive used them for years on my personal gardens. I would rock 3 600's over 2 1000's any day. And plus, you can vent your hoods to warm your house, if its getting cold...

If it was me and i had "free energy" shit the sky would be the limit. Go big or go home.

much luck with what you choose.

Amber

Amber

I would stick with hid lighting with specifically digital ballast with a matched bulb. Like Hortilux ballast with Hortilux bulb or Solis Tek ballast with Solis Tek metal halide bulb 4k for flower 6k for veg and 10k for late flower (crystal stacking). There hps bulbs and most hps bulbs are all street lamp bulbs per Solis Tek. IMO Solis Tek makes the best spectrum on the market but the double ended bulbs are top of the line also not familiar with d-pap gonna look into that though. I have played with some led lights from Advanced led i think and was not that impressed but I think that there will be up and coming things in the led lights in the future but for now they are still working on it IMO.

I pitty the fool that says they will cover the electricity for me.

Top Bottom