Electricity leak in res/is it affecting nutes?

• Thread starter KGBudman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KGBudman

Would this be nute burn? Please tell me it is, cuz I'de hate to think I'm dealing with something else. Started at the bottom and working it's way up.

DSC03539
DSC03543
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

DS, if these numbers are supposed to be ppm's,I believe they are wrong. JUST PBP alone(grow, haven't checked the bloom but sure it's close) @ 5ml/gal adds about 320 ppm's to my water. That's near the NPK you're giving me at 15ml/gal. If If you remove the N that's in the cal-mag, I think your #'s would be correct for 5ml/gal of PBP. I WILL check the PBP bloom #'s today.

I gotta find the formula for figuring out the nute profile. I'm pretty good with #'s so shouldn't be a problem once I figure it out.

PH is sticking around 5.5-5.7 right now. Strain is Grand Daddy Purp.

the numbers are correct. The ppm your reading with your meter includes dyes, preservatives, and other locked out elements. ppm meters also do not measure ppms, but rather calculate ppms based on EC and do so at different conversion rates depending on your meter. "let me repeat that, ppm meters do not measure ppms," (shroomdr). The ppms i provided are "Actual available parts per million." I have worked with the profile your talking about extensively over the past 5 years....

And its for pbp bloom, because you use so much cal mag you never use the grow bottle under the 7-10 ml cal-mag 15 -18 ml pbp profile. Remember cal-mags biggest element is N, not cal or mag.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Would this be nute burn? Please tell me it is, cuz I'de hate to think I'm dealing with something else. Started at the bottom and working it's way up.

Bud man i have never seen a meristem (growth tip) so thoroughly fried like that. Crazy the leaves are so healthy. We need more background for a diagnosis though... room temp, nute str, nute products, light hight, etc etc...

K

KGBudman

Bud man i have never seen a meristem (growth tip) so thoroughly fried like that. Crazy the leaves are so healthy. We need more background for a diagnosis though... room temp, nute str, nute products, light hight, etc etc...

Evidently I REALLY REALLY screwed up with the N

I'll look up the nutes and strength in my notes now.

Temp= mid-high 70's
RH= 40's& 50's
Lights= a long ways from those pics/branches,they barely get any

K

KGBudman

Ok looks like I left them at the room. I'll get them this evening. Going off memory nutes were as follows

PBP @2.5ml/gal
Cal-Mag @3.5ml/gal
Roots Excel @ 1ml/gal(thinkin this got me)
AN Bud Ignitor @ 8ml/gal

Wanna say ppm's were somewhere around 12-1300. Should have the notes later to confirm.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Yes, way too high. No, it had nothing to do with the roots excel. I cant see any reason for bud ignitor, but i dont know how big that plant is in the pic, or when your trying to flower it. More info please.

K

KGBudman

Having a hard time deciphering my notes as my partner was not makeing proper entries and I was slacking as well I guess. Skipping days,not writing dates w/entries etc.. ALL my notes til about 2 wks ago were great but, when I got busy with work and could only make it to the room 2 times a wk, we kinda dropped the ball.

Best I can figure, they quit eating I think the day before I added the RE and BI. They were feeding rather well previous to that. PPM"s as high as 1150 and they would take 12 gals/day and another 50 ppm out of what was left.

First time for rise in PPM's , they were at 1060 ppm in the AM FRI 3/18(morning after the flip) and 1105 ppm that night. No notes for that wknd, looks like I'm missing a page of notes.Like a weeks worth.

Anyways,ppm's were climbing daily last 3 weeks,got as high as 1463. I don't know what sparked this.

For the last wk,I've had it in the 600's and most recently, 500's(nothing but Hydroplex @ 1/2 tsp/gal and PBP @ 1.5 tsp/gal). Still not eating. Thurs night I added water and Hydroplex,knocking the ppm's to around 570.Last night ppm's at 615.

They ARE growing but barely eating. Mostly just water. I'm afraid my crop will be seriously deminished. I'm sooo BUMMED! Don't know what to do to correct at this point. Also noticed small leaves in the bud are curling down. Only N they are getting is from PBP @ basicly 1/2 strength.

As for the dying growth, I see nothing dying that gets any amount of light. Pretty much all the dead/dying stuff is un-lighted. Here is a pic from day 29 flower. You can see the one in the back with the curling leaves.

DSC03582
DSC03612
K

KGBudman

Oh yeah, replaced that heater and now, no more stray electricity in my res:)

K

KGBudman

Yes, way too high. No, it had nothing to do with the roots excel. I cant see any reason for bud ignitor, but i dont know how big that plant is in the pic, or when your trying to flower it. More info please.

Plant in the pic is close to 7 feet including the bucket so,probably5'6" from top of bucket. Today is day30. Dead stuff is from lowest branches but still just doesn't seem right to me.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

everything in the pics looks super healthy man. If the problem is only happening on the outskirts of the light i bet thats the issue...

as for rising ppms, how fast are they drinking? looks like your right at post stretch which is the highest water intake imo. its possible they are just up-taking way more water then nutes. if thats it then just top off with water and your set.....

K

KGBudman

everything in the pics looks super healthy man. If the problem is only happening on the outskirts of the light i bet thats the issue...

as for rising ppms, how fast are they drinking? looks like your right at post stretch which is the highest water intake imo. its possible they are just up-taking way more water then nutes. if thats it then just top off with water and your set.....

Pretty much is happening on the outskirts and underneath.What's strange is to see one plant with shit dying at a certain level and to see another plant next to it with buds growing at the same level. Not huge buds but buds.Life vs.death. As I said though,all the dyin' stuff is unlit so I'm guessing light depravation.

This week I mixed nutes at 650 ppm. They are only drinking 6 gals/day and ppm's rising 50 a day. Previously at 1100 or so ppm's(veg and transition) they were gobbling up 12 gals/day and ppm's were dropping 50/day.

Barely taking nutes for the last 3 wks but,they are growing NO DOUBT.
I think they MAY be turning around though. Thurs. ppm= 572,Fri ppm=600 ,Sat ppm=615. Last night I knocked the ppm's down to 515. That's ONLY like 1 tsp/gal of PBP and 1/2 tsp/gal of hydroplex. I would think that if they were still eating at 1000-1100ppm, they would be much larger by now.

On another note,I've got some curling leaves. This week I pulled another blunder. While swapping out my heater in the res,I unplugged the pump which drains the buckets back to the res and FORGOT to plug it back in. My poor ladies got to soak in full buckets of water(no air stones in buckets) for 24 hrs.. F me! Seems more like I'm bullying them instead of nurturing them,sheesh.

I'm putting a pic of a leaf from the outskirts. What causes only 2 fingers of a leaf to die like this? If light dep.,wouldn't the whole leaf die?

DSC03666
DSC03681
DSC03683
K

KGBudman

And before I forget my manners, I'de like to say Thank You to EVERYONE who posted replies here in an effort to help me.

DS,thanks for sticking with me through the 3 day absence(work). I actually tried to post 2 times this week but,BOTH times I sat back in my chair before I finished what I was trying to say(type) and fell asleep at my desk. Too many long hours.

SeaMaiden, a big thanks to you as well cuz I don't know If I said it before when you helped me in another thread.

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!:bongsmi:

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

yeah that leaf your showing looks like its a light issue...

your using pbp? that works i know it very well... working with the profile for a long time i gotta say its a great product, but incomplete with out cal-mag and epsome....

your running ebb and grow? what strain? unless it needs extra cal mag, you cant ever go wrong with 5 ml cal mag and 15 ml pbp.... that being said spoons are a terrible way to measure your nutes, you need some graduated cylinders... not those shitty shot glasses or martini glasses at the hydro store either...

whats your lighting set up? 2 1000's on a sun circle? also whats hydroplex?

good luck man

K

KGBudman

yeah that leaf your showing looks like its a light issue...

your using pbp? that works i know it very well... working with the profile for a long time i gotta say its a great product, but incomplete with out cal-mag and epsome....

your running ebb and grow? what strain? unless it needs extra cal mag, you cant ever go wrong with 5 ml cal mag and 15 ml pbp.... that being said spoons are a terrible way to measure your nutes, you need some graduated cylinders... not those shitty shot glasses or martini glasses at the hydro store either...

whats your lighting set up? 2 1000's on a sun circle? also whats hydroplex?

good luck man

Yeah,PBP. Right now only 5ml cuz they just won't eat. They were gobbling it up before at 15ml.

Running the Grand Daddy Purple. I do use a large measuring glass from the hydro shop for large amounts (like a new res change)but I use a large syringe for smaller increments.

Yes, 1 1000MH and 1 1000HPS on a circle.

Here's a pic of the Hydroplex label online. It's not what my label reads though.Mine lists everything in it. I will most likely be going again tonight so I'll get a pic of it so you can see what all it has.

Hydroplex BackLabel 1
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

thats a watered down 0-50-30. a bloom booster. if your using too much of it it would totaly cause the not eating/wilting. lemme know.

K

KGBudman

Did a res change on Monday. PBP @ 5ml/gal and Cal-Mag @ 1.5ml/gal.With tap water @ 110ppm I ended up at 480 ppm. They're takeing 5 gals/day and PPM's still going up by 15 per day. Actually,day before yesterday they took 5 gals and ppm's went up only 3 but,yesterday went up 15 again.

I'm not getting it. Overall look is pretty good but getting some more curling leaves. Why would they STILL be eating so little? My starts get a stronger mix than this. Did I do a bad thing by flushing with Clearex for 24 hrs a couple weeks ago?

Here's a couple fresh pics.

DSC03816
DSC03770
K

KGBudman

thats a watered down 0-50-30. a bloom booster. if your using too much of it it would totaly cause the not eating/wilting. lemme know.

Before this last res change, I was running the Hydroplex @ 2.5ml/gal.

I completely forgot to get the pic of the label.I'll try and remember tonight.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

I think i understand whats going on...

you cant use ppms to understand whats going on in your rezz while its changing size (ppm is a ratio, and the ratio changes as water levels change). you need to top your rez off with water and then measure it.

I let rez size swing, as i let pH swing, but i do it keeping in mind the solution is strongest when water levels are low, and lowest when water levels are high...

hope that helps...

K

KGBudman

I think i understand whats going on...

you cant use ppms to understand whats going on in your rezz while its changing size (ppm is a ratio, and the ratio changes as water levels change). you need to top your rez off with water and then measure it.

I let rez size swing, as i let pH swing, but i do it keeping in mind the solution is strongest when water levels are low, and lowest when water levels are high...

hope that helps...

Yeah, I do get the ratio thing. However,if they are eating all the food in the water they are drinking, the ppm's in the remaining water would remain constant. When they were eating well at 1000-1100 ppm, they were eating a little more than what was in the water they drank so ppm's of remaining water would go down a bit. Now they are not even eating what's in the water they are drinking and it's considerably less than what it was.

You said you were very familiar with the PBP. Doesn't it seem odd that they aren't even takeing 5ml/gal.? When I was running 15ml/gal they took it all and then some.

What is even stranger is that they ARE growing. My buddy called me last night and said "you're not gonna believe this but, they totally exploded again last night". Said they grew length on buds and swole NOTICEABLY!!

Top Bottom