Elephant Poop -

• Thread starter JeromeGarcia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

My friends have a shit-ton of elephant poop. Its been composting from 1 to 10 years.

I thought some of you guys might be interested since it is such a rare fertilizer.

Unfortunately, they do not know what its NPK is.

You load.

C

canaguy27

You can also pick up exotic poop from the Denver Zoo. It is called Zoop.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

How does one have just a bunch of elephant poop laying around? Shit...I've got organic doberman poop, if anyone wants...must harvest yourself as I don't keep it around....

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Yup, this is some exotic shite.... and they are indeed selling it by the truck load/$250.

These people are from the Reniasance(sp?) Festival and the poop comes from the elephants they have there for rides and such.

eyecandi

eyecandi

Yup, this is some exotic shite.... and they are indeed selling it by the truck load/$250.

These people are from the Reniasance(sp?) Festival and the poop comes from the elephants they have there for rides and such.

to me this would go right along with the 'we need a CO soil maker' thread ..... need to get some peeps together. someone with land for long term composting and mixing. peeps with resources (farms/manures/barleys/etc). just sayin'

T

Townes

Pachy poo an't worth a shit to grow, unless you are trying to scare off some critters. Trust me on this one.

D

DoobyScoo

"I can stand the sight of worms and look at microscopic germs, but technicolor pachyderms are really too much for me."

S

SensiCO

Well, if its not good for growing, it looks like this thread belongs in the dung heap.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
i've got a buddy that used to work for ringling, and he once told me that every city they would go to the local farmers would show up wanting all the elephant poop they could have. apparently it's amazing stuff.

Papa

altimood

altimood

to me this would go right along with the 'we need a CO soil maker' thread ..... need to get some peeps together. someone with land for long term composting and mixing. peeps with resources (farms/manures/barleys/etc). just sayin'

This is a good idea. Get some STERILE soil going. I like it. I actually know a guy interested in doing custom mixes in Denver. He says he'll prepare whatever you speck out. I'll look into this some more...

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Generally, Elephant Dung is preferred in the garden as far as Manure goes when compared with other Zoo residents. I hasten to add, though, that this may simply be due to its reduced odor quality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manure

Manures with a particularly unpleasant odor (such as human sewage or slurry from intensive pig farming) is usually knifed (injected) directly into the soil to reduce release of the odor. Manure from pigs and cattle is usually spread on fields using a manure spreader. Due to the relatively lower level of proteins in vegetable matter, herbivore manure has a milder smell than the dung of carnivores or omnivores – for example, elephant dung is practically odorless. However, herbivore slurry which has undergone anaerobic fermentation may develop more unpleasant odors, and this can be a problem in some agricultural regions. Poultry droppings are harmful to plants when fresh but after a period of composting are valuable fertilizers.

http://ezinearticles.com/?True-Organic-Fertilizer:-Manure-and-Muck&id=247229

What kinds of manure work best as organic fertilizer? Well, the store had one thing right; cow dung is best. Because cows digest so little of their food, cow manure won't burn plants the way nitrogen-rich chicken manure will. Nor does it need to be composted before putting it on the garden. (Actually, elephant dung is slightly better than cow dung. But this article assumes that you'll have a slightly easier time finding cow dung than elephant dung.)

Shall I go on?

D

DoobyScoo

FWIW:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant#Diet
"Elephants are herbivores, and spend up to 16 hours a day eating plants. Their diets are highly variable, both seasonally and across habitats and regions. Elephants are primarily browsers, feeding on the leaves, bark, and fruits of trees and shrubs, but they may also eat considerable grasses and herbs. As is true for other nonruminant unglulates, elephants only digest approximately 40% of what they eat.[60] They make up for their digestive systems' lack of efficiency in volume. An adult elephant consumes 140–270 kg (300–600 lb) of food a day."

That's a lot of shit!

eyecandi

eyecandi

This is a good idea. Get some STERILE soil going. I like it. I actually know a guy interested in doing custom mixes in Denver. He says he'll prepare whatever you speck out. I'll look into this some more...

then I think your friend needs to hit up this forum. there is a lot of interest in a CO mix and no more buying out of state.

D

DoobyScoo

Truly, to all players in particular.
If you want DRAMA go to spICy MAG!
Plenty O' dat there.

I come here to be at peace in a State forum.
:character0029:

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
My friends dad, Clyde Quinn used to say....Your so fucking lazy youll take a shit in bed and kick it out with your foot....

Top Bottom