Eliminate all the smell?

• Thread starter W8ing4Buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W8ing4Buds

W8ing4Buds

Hello.
For about 3 years now i am living with my girlfriend/wife. We are together for 10years but not married... Any way...
For the last 3 years I'm trying to convince her that i would like to have my grow tent in the spear room that we have but she is realy against it because of the smell.
For now i have my tents in the garage but it's and open from 2 sides so the temp and RH are fluctuating. I have 2 mother plants that i would realy like to keep but it's not posible since here in the winter the temp goes -15c.

Long story short can someone sugest the plan for ne that would eliminate all the smell coming from the tent. Keep in mind that i already have carbon filters and she still complains over the smell.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

a little offbeat, maybe try strains emitting less odour...

your present grow room is not entirely sealed, so it would emit smell regardless of those carbon filters (?). how strong is the smell?

you don't want to go into air fresheners, expensive. you don't want to place odor neutralizers with your plants, inside grow room - designed to bind with unpleasant smells so that the smell is “neutralized” . i don't think air purifiers/filters eliminate smell.

place grow tent so exhaust through a vent/window... larger carbon filter, exhaust?

incense, no!

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hello.
For about 3 years now i am living with my girlfriend/wife. We are together for 10years but not married... Any way...
For the last 3 years I'm trying to convince her that i would like to have my grow tent in the spear room that we have but she is realy against it because of the smell.
For now i have my tents in the garage but it's and open from 2 sides so the temp and RH are fluctuating. I have 2 mother plants that i would realy like to keep but it's not posible since here in the winter the temp goes -15c.

Long story short can someone sugest the plan for ne that would eliminate all the smell coming from the tent. Keep in mind that i already have carbon filters and she still complains over the smell.
Dude I wouldn't push it! If my wife let me live with my girlfriend I'd be happy with that right there!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hello.

Have you heard of Ona Gels? Not in the grow room!! ( read up on that) but where she spends her time & would potentially smell the roses?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have a completely sealed room I built out of insulation board and some lumber that I sealed. I use a scrubber with a phresh filter. Can't smell a dam thing from a foot away.

Carbon filters are not created equal.

Like was said above vent it out a window making sure to have negative pressure in the tent or build a sealed room which is not cheap.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Use a quality filter such as a can-filter and make the fan and filter combo oversized so you can put the fan on a speed controller and dial it way down. The slower the air goes through the filter, the better. And the bigger/better the filter, the better.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Good negative pressure through a quality and properly sized filter and out the house.

When you open the tent you may smell it some.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I agree it should be vented outside the house or you will have humidity issues without a good dehu. And if its vented outside the house, you really should also have a source of fresh air coming into the house through a passive intake to replace it. Too much negative pressure in a house isnt good and can cause mold issues in the winter and even make people sick.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I agree it should be vented outside the house or you will have humidity issues without a good dehu. And if its vented outside the house, you really should also have a source of fresh air coming into the house through a passive intake to replace it. Too much negative pressure in a house isnt good and can cause mold issues in the winter and even make people sick.

Good point!

I blocked the heater return and disabled the heat duct in my grow room to avoid the negative pressure when the furnace runs in winter.

Top Bottom