Eliminating The Name Game

• Thread starter Motarebel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Motarebel

Motarebel

Finding names was so much easier 10 years ago,now the seed game has exploded. There's no rights on names other than honor but throw in money and greed creeps in. A simple solution is we'll be labelling our gear MRG. So in the future you'll see MrG PineappleOrange, MrG SourHeri, MrG CutiePie, and so on. I'll try not to use someone else's name but it's bound to happen as hobbiest increase ,which isn't a bad thing!;)

DC105

DC105

Finding names was so much easier 10 years ago,now the seed game has exploded. There's no rights on names other than honor but throw in money and greed creeps in. A simple solution is we'll be labelling our gear MRG. So in the future you'll see MrG PineappleOrange, MrG SourHeri, MrG CutiePie, and so on. I'll try not to use someone else's name but it's bound to happen as hobbiest increase ,which isn't a bad thing!;)
Yeah, it's rediculous how far the game has came since we all were kicking it in the Alien days. I kinda miss those simpler times! Sounds like a good move!
Best wishes! @Motarebel

Motarebel

Motarebel

Speaking of names we changed a few due to marketing concerns. Apparently reference to Chem or Chemical is frowned on in the growing " organic" community.So the Chemical Desire is now called MRG Desire and DirtyWhiteBud is MRG WhiteOut. The DWB was a tribute that turned into a revival!:D A happy ending but time to turn the page. DirtyWhite sounds pretty organic to me but whatever, to each their own.

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

In time it would be nice to come up with a standard for effects, terps, etc. so you'd know exactly what to expect from the flower. Goofy names just won't cut it. I blow minds still when I'm at a shop and I have to tell them 1/3 of their flowers are not the strain the grower/management is selling it as. Also; phenotype differences. I didn't say it would be easy ha ha ha

Bill Murry

Bill Murry

Galaxies may work the universe is every expand, there's some 160 billion we can see with Hubble and each has a letter number combination registered with no duplicates. More and more are discovered all the time. Just have to get a list and start calling dibs. 110% with @Motarebel

Motarebel

Motarebel

So true RP but now days there's no excuse for not knowing what your buying unless your buying untested gear. I give basic info and the end product is based on the grower. Good growers get good product and lazy growers get what they put in, not much. Also phenotypes are tricky as most have different ideas of what they are and how to identify them. Good points though, anyway to advance and improve the buyers knowledge is welcomed.

Last edited:
urban1026835

urban1026835

Excellent idea mota!

symbiote420

symbiote420

LOL I just had to change a few names on crosses I made! The names G-Funk, Super Saiyan, and Sour Patch Kids are already taken :(! Not too long ago the homies at Dank Genetics named one of their crosses Zero Dark Thirty, (they have my respect) I'm not a "breeder" or even selling beans and they changed the name to Gamma Kush out of respect... real stand up sh*t right there!

In the old days we just named the cross (mom x dad) and called it a day, names were reserved for worked lines, even the seed banks did it that way back then, the name game was actually started by dealers back in the daze!

Motarebel

Motarebel

Got me thinking now, yep, smoke is rolling out my ears! :eek: MrG suggested we place a barcode on each pack, at the time I didn't see it's usefulness. Now looking back it's almost brilliant, scan the barcode with your phone. A description pops up with pictures!:cool: All the info you need to make your purchase on the spot. I need to talk to some reps to see if this will fly.

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Reppin that MRG hard!!! At the ski world championships

Shamus

Shamus

Speaking of names we changed a few due to marketing concerns. Apparently reference to Chem or Chemical is frowned on in the growing " organic" community.So the Chemical Desire is now called MRG Desire and DirtyWhiteBud is MRG WhiteOut. The DWB was a tribute that turned into a revival!:D A happy ending but time to turn the page. DirtyWhite sounds pretty organic to me but whatever, to each their own.

I haven't seen anyone say anything but... Idk it doesn't seem right to change a tribute to someone who passed away. I never knew dirty white boy but to change the name to mr g just kinda seems.. Idk. And for something as silly as to not sound passé for the organic crowd.

bigworm6969

bigworm6969

lol! I can see #69 being a big hit! Lol
hahaha that's my number 69 but u can use it, I can think of a million names to use like killershit or dickknock or jackoff or chessedick or vapeape or killer rebelz hahaha j/k but I think I would be good at it but then again maybe I suck idk

Top Bottom