Eliminating The Name Game

• Thread starter Motarebel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
waayne

waayne

I haven't seen anyone say anything but... Idk it doesn't seem right to change a tribute to someone who passed away. I never knew dirty white boy but to change the name to mr g just kinda seems.. Idk. And for something as silly as to not sound passé for the organic crowd.
@Shamus DWB didn't die, it was all a fabricated hoax.....
I wouldn't get too sentimental over it.........LOL

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

Speaking of names we changed a few due to marketing concerns. Apparently reference to Chem or Chemical is frowned on in the growing " organic" community.So the Chemical Desire is now called MRG Desire and DirtyWhiteBud is MRG WhiteOut. The DWB was a tribute that turned into a revival!:D A happy ending but time to turn the page. DirtyWhite sounds pretty organic to me but whatever, to each their own.
Double like that post!

bluebully420

bluebully420

Bar code on each pack i think would set the bar for identifying strains it would also eliminate shady seed co. Re-packing shit and calling it one name and really its bag seed. Its happening a lot these days, the days of my father and.uncles are over this industry wasnt a industry it was a life style and a very tight nit group where honesty and integrity were the basis of peoples willingness to share strains. Now that moneys involved the honesty and.integrity are being placed in the back seat to big buisness and industry evolution is going to happen but i believe people like mota with ideas like bar coding seed lines is a way of people being confident that some shady seed distributor isnt making money off people hard work

lone420ranger

lone420ranger

Ya' know, all this naming and labeling stuff kinda' tees me off...
Once upon a time, there was was just OG and OG Kush. Back in the beginning OG stood for "Ocean Grown", and nothing else. Because, I believe, it was a strain being grown by a few growers in N.E. Humbolt County, which was adjacent to the Pacific Ocean.

Fast forward to now, and we have a darned flood of strains being touted as OG, or OG Kush, or worst of all, just Kush. This drives me bonkers! How on earth can there be a thousand Kush strains?
Look up Kush. It is a precise location called the "Hindu Kush".

I would be very happy if the proposed barcode idea contained the entire lineage of the strain without any fancy, misleading names.

Just my .02

B

barefoot

here out west few dispensaries in south bay area are now asking for "brand names" from individual growers ...........so that consumers may identify with specific growers gear they prefer.............................

your right on track MRG................................

I have had the "Mtn. Nectar" brand since '79..........................

ganj on.............................

Quagmire

Quagmire

IMG 0042
I must say that I'm one who is guilty of doing a one time cross and naming it and gifting away 1000 seeds to friends.. but I was honest with them about it that this was just a tester to goof off with, the parents were excellent lineage .. I did google and make sure the name I chose wasn't taken already.. "Wardawg" which is AK47 (Serious Seeds) x Chemdog D/PW/BMSbx3 .. now I only make seeds for personal use like to save a strain I love and seed stock is getting low..
Today I started some Motarebel Gear called "Rocky Mtn High" and look forward to my first Mota run in some time.. I have other old strains like, Ringo, Yumshine, Killa Queen x Herijuana and many others.. I've always had the highest germination ratio with your seeds Mota.. thanks for all ya do and looking forward to you taking us into the future of bar codes and better strain info.. cheers

llamabox

llamabox

Yea Mota I'm sure I got some of your old stuff mixed in with Prodigal Son and Foe's early gear.

coloradoBTC

coloradoBTC

right around when bitcoin was stretching its legs "namecoin" came into existence. namecoins function was not for money, but to provide a register of DNS that could never be tampered with.

It did this by forcing you to "spend" your namecoin on the domain name you wanted to own. so if I wanted coloradoBTC.bit I would have the namecoin consume itself..(shit this is too complicated to explain) but someone couldn't just spend more namecoin and take over your domain name (like the state) it was first come first serve

what if a strains specific dna could be expressed as a "coin" so anyone trying to use your name could enter it into whatever blockchain is created for the strain names and if they find a different DNA profile then they will only be able to pass off their name to people that do not know how to use the naming blockchain

the more people that use it makes it that much harder to tamper with, just like bitcoin

Top Bottom