Elite seed strains.

• Thread starter Burning Bush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Burning Bush

Burning Bush

What makes an elite seed strain.Not a clone only.Not a hybred.This is my list.
Afghan
Cashmere
Thai
Burmese
Nepal
Chitral
Sri Lanka
Borneo
India
Brazil
Guatamala

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Parentage is important but superstars are born from average parents all the time. Other than that, not sure I understand your statement.

Elite is in the eye of the beholder just like beauty, fwiw

Burning Bush

Burning Bush

Before we grew indo,we grew outdo.
On the planet are locations that grew/grow land race strains,only.These strains,combined,made the "elite" strains of today.
It did not happen by accident.
The elite land race strains,are why the ganja is so good today.
Elite is in the RED smiling eyes of the beholder,other wise the beholder will look else where.
Forgot the Nigerian/African.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Before we grew indo,we grew outdo.
On the planet are locations that grew/grow land race strains,only.These strains,combined,made the "elite" strains of today.
It did not happen by accident.
The elite land race strains,are why the ganja is so good today.
Elite is in the RED smiling eyes of the beholder,other wise the beholder will look else where.
Forgot the Nigerian/African.
So again what is your question? I know landraces make up todays hybrids. You asked what makes up an Elite strain. smell, flavor, high & effects. ease of growth and yield next?
South Africa has some unique awesomely fast sativas!
I'm fairly educated on landrace strains and know people from various countries that are in ag...
Like for instance, this Afghan that everyone screams about was typically grown with water from snowmelt and when the water stopped melting the plants were picked. The plants were so harsh to smoke they made hash out of them...grow the same seed indoors and it's the bomb.
What's your favorite landrace genetics?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Much of the desert weed was turned into hash...it's like purebred people, getting tougher and tougher to find. A bad thing, not really but for the traditionalists...yes.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I believe the answer to my question is climatisation.
Well, what happens when someone has been growing outdoor in a specific region in NorCal since the late 60's and then people continue those genetics and refine them more by selectively inbreeding. How long does it take to breed something true or landrace? Certainly many of those countries had their genetics brought by ship from other countries and they may all not have originated in the geographic areas you listed to start. Hemp and cannabis for head change has been grown in the USA since George Washington and way prior by native americans.

Might there be an american landrace besides feral hemp?

Burning Bush

Burning Bush

I would say that it takes longer than 50 years for a new variety,to colonise and keep going,then become accustomed to the weather in that location,and perform to it's maximum genetic potential,would take another fifty.So then a strain could be called landrace,I guess,climatised.

Natural

Natural

nah...I see climatised rope growing all along the mississipi river...I think it has something to do with "sweet spots" where the sun and rain and air are just right and along comes a lil stoner/farmer to take advantage of it. Don't forget the mountains of Columbia or Belize either!

Burning Bush

Burning Bush

Rope weed is different to farmed meds.Sweet spots are for meds not rope;it grows any where.
Oh yeah,can not forget Columbia!
climatisation will only improve the genetics marginally,but it will improve the ability to grow,again,wth little effort(reproduce).
Burmese is my favorite land race by far!
And ATAK1,I am mod of the dumb,OK.

Burning Bush

Burning Bush

Elite pot,is memorable and you will not get immune to it easily.All else comes second to me.

J

John Ditchweed

Much of the desert weed was turned into hash...it's like purebred people, getting tougher and tougher to find. A bad thing, not really but for the traditionalists...yes.

No it is a bad thing. Sorry but I see more and more watered down strains then I used. It's funny cause a lot of people that are just getting into the hobby are blown away by some of the stuff but most breeders just make crosses of two top strains and then sale the seeds. Sorry but anyone can do that. I know there are some good ones out there but damn I so tired if watered down kushes being passed as something special.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
No it is a bad thing. Sorry but I see more and more watered down strains then I used. It's funny cause a lot of people that are just getting into the hobby are blown away by some of the stuff but most breeders just make crosses of two top strains and then sale the seeds. Sorry but anyone can do that. I know there are some good ones out there but damn I so tired if watered down kushes being passed as something special.
Than grow something besides Kush or what they call "kush".

Top Bottom