Elite Troop - the best film I've seen in years

• Thread starter British_Hempire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

British_Hempire

Elite Troop, a Brazilian film about the elite BOPE police squad and their battles in the favellas of Rio, highly recommended to everyone, one of the best films I have ever seen!

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0861739/

elite_squad_ver3.jpg

B

BuddKlott

damm good film, also called 'Tropa de Elite', i thought it was better than city of god
bk

DonJuanMatus

DonJuanMatus

looks like a sick movie BH, if you like that im sure you will like a movie called man of the year check it out..... http://www.filmmovement.com/filmcatalog/index.asp?MerchandiseID=19...its an indie film from brazil so it might not be that easy to find but im sure its out there, it probably isnt as serious as this movie looks its more of a dark comedy but not really, but none the less its definitely worth watching..im a foreign film fanatic so im gonna go look for this right now..thanks

B

bon

Premium Member
Supporter
better than city of god, that's a bold statement! I'm gonna check this asap...

BC_Bud

BC_Bud

Premium Member
Supporter
It is a really good movie but the sad thing is what this movie shows is the actual reality of what goes on in the favelas that put an ugly stain Rio's beautiful mountains and landscape.

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
it was a good movie but better than city of god dont think in my opinion

7rayos

Elite Squad, saw it last year. I recommend watching it V.O., the graveness in the voice of the main character holds a beat (estrategia..., in english...strategy...in french...stratégie...in german...strategie...in greek...)
If you like City of God, there's a sequel, slightly softened but still good viewing, which went on to be a hit in Brazil: "City of Men" (Cidade des Homes) and also the tv series, nine chapters i think.
Now, i give another two good movies from Hector Babenco
Pixote, A lei do mas fraco. (About street children).
Carandiru. (Biggest jailhouse in South America, recently demolished)
And another extra so we don't forget that Brazil it's a beautiful place too:
Tieta D'Agreste (milf of milfs Sonia Braga in the most breathtaking scenarios and Caetano Veloso's score, script after a book by Jorge Amado, uplifting stuff)

E

edelephant

Elite Squad, saw it last year. I recommend watching it V.O., the graveness in the voice of the main character holds a beat (estrategia..., in english...strategy...in french...stratégie...in german...strategie...in greek...)
If you like City of God, there's a sequel, slightly softened but still good viewing, which went on to be a hit in Brazil: "City of Men" (Cidade des Homes) and also the tv series, nine chapters i think.
Now, i give another two good movies from Hector Babenco
Pixote, A lei do mas fraco. (About street children).
Carandiru. (Biggest jailhouse in South America, recently demolished)
And another extra so we don't forget that Brazil it's a beautiful place too:
Tieta D'Agreste (milf of milfs Sonia Braga in the most breathtaking scenarios and Caetano Veloso's score, script after a book by Jorge Amado, uplifting stuff)

all wonderful brazilian cinematography!! couldnt have said it better myself.

X

xxYIKESxx

I loved City Of God! Any comparison to that movie must be more than just a watchable film...this will be placed on my queue ASAP! Thanks for the recommendation

T

Titoon_29

Hey BH,
thank for the tip, i ve heard about the movie but still not watched it... i will !!!

+++

R

rome

Nice 1 BH ., damn good flick that 1!!! I also enjoyed city of god!!

B

British_Hempire

I just watched another great film about Brazil - Favela Rising, really good documentary, check it out, lots o great music and really exposes the tragedy of the poor of Brazil.

FavelaRising.jpg

Top Bottom