Elk Grove Laws

• Thread starter HappyTrailz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

It's weird because the dispensaries have lots of clones and I doubt all those gardeners have submitted plans and such.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, that's my take on it for EG. If you're on Facebook there's a group called California City & County Ban Watch and they seem to really be keeping on top of all of this. I recall a few years back EG banning all OD cultivation and possibly ID cultivation. Rancho Cordova has an odd taxing system on ID cultivation, and my question on enforcement was never answered.

Honestly, I know it's not immediately Sact'o area, it's Sierra foothills, but Calaveras Co is turning out to be one of the friendlier counties in the region. They're embracing their grower culture.

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

Thanks Sea... Yeah i would like something more friendly but my wifes transferring to her other office in Rancho. So i'm going to have to be somewhere in the 10 mile radius. She's been dealing with bay area traffic for years. I promised her a shorter commute. I only grow for myself and never had issues before but you never know so wanted to be safe.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ok, well... let me think on this a bit, ok? My husband just interviewed for a job in EG. It's a nice place but SUPER conservative. I wonder what Galt's ordinances are like, because I think Galt's pretty close. I have to look at a map, I don't know this area very well still.

Whoops, Galt has banned all growing.

I have to be honest, you're going to encounter this throughout the region.

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

Yup kinda feels that way to me, i'm going to just be extra under like the old days... shrug. No options really what else can i do?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Keep it on the down LOW, I suppose. You've gotta be practical.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Right now EVERYONE is moving to put their bans in place. There are far more cities and counties doing this than are moving towards regulating commercial production and sales.

All those areas you mention are generally anti-cannabis.

Kalikush

Kalikush

I'm guessing most of the suppliers then are still underground, which is unfortunate but still a lot better than non-medical states.

urbanfog

urbanfog

I know my city has a stigma of " low class" but I love it in Rio Linda. Sac county, north of sacramento about 30-40 minutes to Rancho. I used to drive to rancho daily and it is not too bad. Also bought my house 6 years ago @ 105k :D Now looking at great equity. Very "country" feel, for the most part decent community members, and allot more inexpensive than EG.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I just read yesterday that now over 83% of California cities and counties are moving towards full on bans, for everything--cultivation on *both* a personal and commercial scale, dispensaries, delivery services--all of it. :(

urbanfog

urbanfog

How does Rio Linda feel about cultivation?

As long as your not trying to run 100 plants in your back yard, the community is pretty open about it. I have both indoor and outdoor running thru out the year. Outdoor does require a "secure" area, hence my "lockable" greenhouse, and indoor is securable being indoor

Kalikush

Kalikush

I just read yesterday that now over 83% of California cities and counties are moving towards full on bans, for everything--cultivation on *both* a personal and commercial scale, dispensaries, delivery services--all of it. :(

That's really too bad that each county or city is allowed to make their own rules in whether or not to ban it when the state as a whole voted for and approved it. Maybe we'll have to see if Bernie wins and follows through with his promise to legalize it.

As long as your not trying to run 100 plants in your back yard, the community is pretty open about it. I have both indoor and outdoor running thru out the year. Outdoor does require a "secure" area, hence my "lockable" greenhouse, and indoor is securable being indoor

That sounds reasonable.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
A WHOLE bunch of people are workin' on fixing as much of this mess as possible. I'm working on it in my county, I've been in direct contact with our representing supervisor on several occasions, she's supportive of patient's rights.

D

drumtalking

The community may be fairly tolerant, but Rio Linda is an unincorporated area of Sacramento County which has had a total ban on outdoor cultivation in place for a few years; indoor has been limited to nine plants per residence and this may have been restricted even further in recent months. Having been a stealth outdoor grower in the city of Sacramento, it is important not to piss off your neighbors!

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Yes, that's my take on it for EG. If you're on Facebook there's a group called California City & County Ban Watch and they seem to really be keeping on top of all of this. I recall a few years back EG banning all OD cultivation and possibly ID cultivation. Rancho Cordova has an odd taxing system on ID cultivation, and my question on enforcement was never answered.

Honestly, I know it's not immediately Sact'o area, it's Sierra foothills, but Calaveras Co is turning out to be one of the friendlier counties in the region. They're embracing their grower culture.
Could you post a link? I couldn't find it...

Latest posts

Top Bottom