Emergency foil blanket on grow

• Thread starter JessiePinkman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JessiePinkman

JessiePinkman

Hello!

I have a bucket and I live in Ireland. The temperature here is now 5 degrees Celcius (40 degrees Fahrenheit), but I am managing to keep the temperature to 20 degrees Celcius (68 Fahrenheit) with some blankets. But now I had to move my bucket grow to a new location and the temperature is dropping a little. So I'm very worried. I'm still in the vegetative stage. My question is: If I use a emergency foil blancket to cover it, will it work for me to increase the temperature, or will I need to glue it inside the bucket?
Emergency foil blanket on grow

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I doubt it, you can't cover the ventilation and they're just going to bring in cold air. Maybe get some warmer lights.

JessiePinkman

JessiePinkman

I doubt it, you can't cover the ventilation and they're just going to bring in cold air. Maybe get some warmer lights.

Perfect....thank you for your help.

I'm using a white 470 lumen light (40W)... Should I change for a yellow light? When I tested it brought the temperature up by 3 degrees. But I'm just worried that change from white to yellow it would be changing something with the growth of the plant.

This is my first time trying to grow my own weed, so I'm really sorry if my question is dumb. And thank you again for your help. I really appreciated it!

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
You have to be careful with home made grow buckets and things like that cuz they can overheat and catch fire pretty easily if not planned properly. If you have the money I'd invest in at least a small tent like a 2x2x4ft one. There are many in expensive grow lights on amazon that have an ok light spectrum (colour). If you're looking for an actual grow light I'd suggest the viparspectra p600 which will likely bring up the temps but not a lot. Another benefit of grow tents is you can add a heater to it which is what I did.

JessiePinkman

JessiePinkman

You have to be careful with home made grow buckets and things like that cuz they can overheat and catch fire pretty easily if not planned properly. If you have the money I'd invest in at least a small tent like a 2x2x4ft one. There are many in expensive grow lights on amazon that have an ok light spectrum (colour). If you're looking for an actual grow light I'd suggest the viparspectra p600 which will likely bring up the temps but not a lot. Another benefit of grow tents is you can add a heater to it which is what I did.
Yeah... I'm planning to change it next month or so... The money is short right now, that's why the bucket. And I wanted to know if it would work in a smaller place before trying something more expensive. I'll definitely buy a grow tent. I fell in love with growing cannabis and I want to do more! Thank you so so much for your help. And for taking the time to answer me. It really helped. Cheers!!!!!

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I did the same thing, I started out in a bucket an moved onto a tent. I made a mistake and bought a bad light so don't make the same mistake as me. I suggest you start off with a decent light because you'll probably end up getting it in the future anyway.

Top Bottom