Empty (foil lined) 1 lb coffee bags as pots?

• Thread starter TheWalkingPlant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheWalkingPlant

TheWalkingPlant

Hello,

I just finished a bowl and bag of coffee this morning and was about to throw away the bag but decided I should just cut holes and plant freshly rooted plant in it. I’ve been gifting plants a lot more recently but I’m tired of giving away my good bags / pots that I use for my own setup.

tge reason I came here is because while I would love to repurpose the bag, and save myself the few bucks getting new ones, I’m wondering if it’s a bad idea? Seems like we are constantly finding out the stuff we use causes a cascade of bad shit in the human body. I’m wondering if anyone smarter than me can tell me if: since weed is a dynamic accumulator, will it pull out heavy metals from the foil lining inside of the bag? Is it even metal? Is there a coating on it that’s equally toxic? Am I over thinking it? Do cuttings carry the heavy metals for eternity? If it’s just temporary before it is up potted, would it really matter?
Anyway, sorry for all the question. I’m probably going to do it anyway and see how it goes. I just wanted to ask for future reference since I go through a metric shit ton of coffee. It also seems like the perfect shape for gifting a plant that will be transplanted. Nice deep roots to branch out from

Empty foil lined 1 lb coffee bags as pots
nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Sounds like a great idea. I’m pretty sure that the foil has a plastic coating that’s food safe because it could be months between that bag of coffee being filled then consumed. Just poke several holes in the bottom for drainage. And if you do grow seedlings or clones in it, you just have to carefully slice or cut the bag away leaving a nice root ball to transplant into a soil pot.

Reactions: HWH
TheWalkingPlant

TheWalkingPlant

Yes true. I guess I was nervous that cutting holes would expose bad Shit. Like how they say when you dent or open canned food you need to remove it from the can. I really have no idea, probably just being paranoid

Top Bottom