Emptying Drip Tray with Trellis

• Thread starter suckabusta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
suckabusta

suckabusta

I'm having some difficulty cleaning out my drip trays. With the plants in flowering, it's quite difficult to move things around to get under the pots to empty the run off in the trays. The trellis really limits how much I can move them.

I've been basically lifting them one handed, and trying to slide a box under them so I can get the trays free and it seems like more of a struggle than necessary, especially for the two in the rear.

Is there an easier way to clean/empty the trays?

Emptying drip tray with trellis
GrimReffer

GrimReffer

I'm having some difficulty cleaning out my drip trays. With the plants in flowering, it's quite difficult to move things around to get under the pots to empty the run off in the trays. The trellis really limits how much I can move them.

I've been basically lifting them one handed, and trying to slide a box under them so I can get the trays free and it seems like more of a struggle than necessary, especially for the two in the rear.

Is there an easier way to clean/empty the trays?
I second the shop vac works like a champ. Also drainaway drain trays but in a tent that means holes somewhere and most donā€™t like that.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i hate trellis,..
completely useless,
shop vac good idea..

suckabusta

suckabusta

i hate trellis,..
completely useless,
shop vac good idea..
For trying to fill out the tent as much as possible, the trellis has been helping organizing the tops and definitely improved airflow at least.

I'll try the shop vac idea. Should I be worried about leaving dampness/the layer of scum that accumulates in the trays? I've been wiping them out up til now

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
For trying to fill out the tent as much as possible, the trellis has been helping organizing the tops and definitely improved airflow at least.

I'll try the shop vac idea. Should I be worried about leaving dampness/the layer of scum that accumulates in the trays? I've been wiping them out up til now
if you can keep them clean than i would..

Madbud

Madbud

These are handy if you are resourceful

2Bad

2Bad

I don't wipe my saucers

Top Bottom