emptying glass extraction tubes

• Thread starter mastacheeser
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mastacheeser

mastacheeser

I still haven't figured out a good way to empty out the tube after I blast.

Hated using a clothes hanger and now I just jam a wooden spoon up there to empty it.

Open to new ideas, my way kinda sucks for multiple blasts

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
I had the same problem and came across these glass tubes at a shop. All I do now is take the top off and take a stake and push it through out the bottom....These tubes made it super easy
20140119 141228

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Before I got these tubes I had made out of rubberized metal what looked like a cork screw. I would just twist it up into the tube like you would a cork in a wine bottle and then pull straight out.....either way works well.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
That's sic.. I really like that tube skunk
If you want next time I pop in the shop I can check and see if they have any left. I believe they were a couple bucks more ($40) then I payed for my original regular tubes. I wanna say I was paying $25 for my standard ones. These new ones are nice though they are pretty thick glass. Out of the 4 iv bought iv only cracked one and it was from me being a dumbass. I tried to remove the end fitting while it was still frozen and it cracked the female part of the tube. Never had any issues when running butane through them, the seal is actually nice and iv never had a leak. Having that clip also makes me feel more secure lol

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

If you want next time I pop in the shop I can check and see if they have any left. I believe they were a couple bucks more ($40) then I payed for my original regular tubes. I wanna say I was paying $25 for my standard ones. These new ones are nice though they are pretty thick glass. Out of the 4 iv bought iv only cracked one and it was from me being a dumbass. I tried to remove the end fitting while it was still frozen and it cracked the female part of the tube. Never had any issues when running butane through them, the seal is actually nice and iv never had a leak. Having that clip also makes me feel more secure lol
Oh hell yea that would b kool doggie.. I'll have some money in a week or 2 b'cuz my face off bx2 r drying as we speak

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Oh hell yea that would b kool doggie.. I'll have some money in a week or 2 b'cuz my face off bx2 r drying as we speak
Cool....I'll keep ya in the loop. I'll shoot you a PM when I head out there next.

cannabeans

cannabeans

I could easily make those glass tubes with the glass on glass fittings. 40 bucks seems extremely expensive for clear glass.
What size is the glass on glass fitting? What is the diameter of the tube? How many mm thick is the tube?

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
I could easily make those glass tubes with the glass on glass fittings. 40 bucks seems extremely expensive for clear glass.
What size is the glass on glass fitting? What is the diameter of the tube? How many mm thick is the tube?
The fitting is a 14. Not sure the exact tube thickness in mm. The tube is roughly 1.5 inches in diameter and 14 inches long.

I don't blow glass so for me to go into a store and drop 40 bucks out the door on a tube That's good quality I'm ok with

nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
Compressed air. Just like a spud gun.

B

BestAround

I prefer a single piece of glass just because theres less to break.. less to leak.. and less to fuck up.. its no fun putting in hours of work.. to end up losing 1/4 of ur yield because u bought a EASY TO CLEAN TUBE .. lol. easy to clean. easy to BREAK..

if u use a coat hanger.. right after ur done spraying.. u can pretty much push out the entire tube in a few chunks. or sometimes the entire tube .. but wat ive come to realize is.. spend the extra money.. get a THICK tube.. spend extra money.. and GET GOOD BUTANE.. and remember that YOU ONLY GET WAT YOU PUT IN. QUALITY WISE..

Latest posts

Top Bottom