Emulsification help?

• Thread starter cheyenne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cheyenne

I need to lessen the intensity of some oil (phoenix tears method) for a few patients. They want a tincture, but prefer a glycerin base vs. an alcohol base (both recovered alcoholics). Ive been trying for a week to get the 2 to emulsify (oil and water dont mix i know)...im using a rice cooker as a heat source. Ive tried thinning the oil into iso again and then adding the glycerin and applying low heat for days to no avail. Anyone have any experience (positive) with this they'd be willing to share? I can get PMs if you dont want to put it up here. Thanks yall.

freak out.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No experience at all, but I know that egg yolk is a great emulsifier. I think, though, that for this situation you want something else, something a little less perishable, such as xanthan gum (you can get it in bulk at bulkfoods dot com). If nothing else, this will bump you.

C

cheyenne

Interesting, i never thought of using xanthan gum, which i have....hmmmmm

dorjewright

dorjewright

I just finished my first tincture. Used 151 Bacardi Rum for the extraction then boiled off the alcohol after filtering through a coffee filter. A black/brown goo separated out and settled in the container bottom. I removed and mixed with a little hotish olive oil.
Licked the mixing spoon (maybe an 1/8th teas) and was good and stoned for a an afternoon. Olive oil so it can be used as a salve or taken internally.

Latest posts

Top Bottom