Encouraging lateral growth - topping / LST and...?

• Thread starter Erratum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Erratum

Erratum

Supporter
I have a couple of plants I grew from my brother-in-law's seeds. Very likely herm. in origin unless he was slow pulling his males. The mother plants were heavily indica. I was hoping for some stout, bushy plants but the 2 I have going are climbing. I have topped one and have started some LST. I plan to keep wrapping the new colas around when they're a little larger. My other plant hasn't been touched yet.

They seem super healthy but I was wondering if there were any other recommendations, beside what I am doing, for encouraging these to grow low and bushy. Should I start / go harder with LST? Thanks!
Encouraging lateral growth   topping  lst and
Encouraging lateral growth   topping  lst and 2

Ponky

Ponky

If you're growing outside you don't really need to. But if you really need to get some of that garden wire. Comes on a roll. You bend it around branches to secure them. And just keep forcing the growth sideways. People use pipe cleaners too. Bend the arms down as far as you can and secure them. Keep doing that whenever you can. Make a low wide boi.

Erratum

Erratum

Supporter
If you're growing outside you don't really need to. But if you really need to get some of that garden wire. Comes on a roll. You bend it around branches to secure them. And just keep forcing the growth sideways. People use pipe cleaners too. Bend the arms down as far as you can and secure them. Keep doing that whenever you can. Make a low wide boi.
Ok, thanks. I appreciate the response. I have some soft-coated wire coming over the next few days. I plan to tie down with some additional stakes. I don't want to use the bag edges given I will move the plants occasionally and the sides are subject to expand or collapse a little. I want compact plants because I will be moving them and they will be a little less obvious that way.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Clip the top off, it'll keep it shorter and give you 2 tops, then cut those 2 new tops in a week or 2 then let it grow another couple weeks and top all 4 tops. Now you have 8 a couple of weeks more and you can have 16 tops and so on. I grow indoors and I'm a topping nut. I grow bushes not trees.

Shmike111

Shmike111

Sorry pal I was just reading your thread do you think these plants are ready for flower and with them being so small with lots of colours when the light penetrate right down the bottom branches I've got nothing on them they seem to be bare. You said you grow small bushy plants one these flower ok will I get a decent yield I think I filled the tops of them and stop them growing Cheers

IMG 20220227 145317 211
IMG 20220227 145029 864
IMG 20220226 173002 366
IMG 20220226 173040 047
IMG 20220227 145303 262
Top Bottom