Endless Sky in flowering...

• Thread starter SSHZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SSHZ

I had some Sensi Seed stock that most finished in the mid 40's but it didn't yield shit..... but it is possible to find very early things occasionally. I'm in soiless and have kept the pH at 6.2 the whole time. Pic's up later- daughter just home from college...

S

SSHZ

Ok...... day 53. Sorry, taken late in day so lights were all on....

1st pic is the taller pheno side of room.

2nd pic is shorter pheno side. Similar in size but the bud isn't as tight.

3rd is outer perimeter.....not as bright

As you can see, they are all monsters. They like a lot of light. A few of the plants are as dense as some of the kushes I've grown but the majority are not real tight. Actually, I'm not upset by this cause it's helps keep mold at bay. If these were real dense with their size, mold WOULD definitely be an issue. I just bought and added a dehumidifier to the room and it's pulling about 40 pints of water out a day right now. I'm guessing I'll be chopping around day 75-77 which leaves at least 3 more weeks.

IMGP0235
IMGP0236
IMGP0237
The Hippy

The Hippy

Well I hate to add any negativity to a thread but I have given up on ES. And oh ya 45 days is not going to happen. !0 or 11 weeks gives the best results on Sky. I have had it go both way as far as qaulity goes though. Sometimes I had some spectacular sky's. Sometime and mostly, very frosty as well. But at the same time i had some not be worth a damn. I grew a lot of them too. I never really liked growing it as it was a hard one to get just right IMO. I'm no pro but at the same time I get better results with some of GT's other breeds.
It never tasted worth a shit. And the smell was never much to brag about either. Even long term curing didn't help. Blah !
Yes giant cola's and 50/50 hard buds still don't make it worth while to me. After a year trying .....i give up......it's history. I got sick of the complaints about it.
Now his Irainian G-13 does almost finish in 6 weeks and and can be picked at that point every time. This strain is a winner in a half dozen different ways.

S

SSHZ

Wow......... yes, it's known not to be a bud to grow if you are looking for something tastey or a great odor. And yes, it is difficult to grow well and is touchy with nutes. But most everyone that has grown it agrees it's potent. So, basically, it satisfied my 3 most important desires in selecting a strain:

1. Feminized 2. Yield 3. Potency

Potency is the only real question now....... and that will be answered soon enough. But at $225 for 11 beans, it makes you wonder if there are better choices out there.

B

budchopper

yes there are so many better deals. why spend so much? you can get killer beans for less and buy a cloner with what you save...

S

SSHZ

I still think the key is finding a mother in the taller pheno. These plants are very easy to keep healthy and have been no trouble at all. Here's a few pic's snapped today of 4 different "taller pheno" plants and their resin starting to pop. But like I said, still a ways to go........

IMGP0238
IMGP0239
IMGP0240
IMGP0241
The Hippy

The Hippy

I so hate to have had to add those thought but I must be honest and say what I experienced.
The potency was good, but not so much better than anything else. Doc's smell description is pretty honest I think. He says it's earthy and floral. I feel that is pretty accurate. Unfortunatly that equates to kind of a blah experience for me. Heard lots of comments like "smells like hay kinda" stuff. No matter how long it was cured....same deal...every plant. Compared to the other GT strains I've grown it just doesn't cut the mustard. I'm not knocking Doc at all. Just saying that I gave up on it after a year.
There must be others more skilled than me to get better results than I got. I'd say that Sky's biggest drawback is taste and smell. But of course with everything else in life we all like a varied things.
I believe as was said earlier she may be nute picky

S

SSHZ

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with anything you are stating Hip...... potency is really my only question since it's so relative. If potency is around a 9/10 or thereabouts, along with the heavy weight- it will all be good. Screw the smell and taste. I have other items finishing up that will take care of those categories.

Also, check out JayBee's E.S. grow..........he did a fine job with it.

I looked at Doc's Iranian G13 but he's out of stock on it and has been for a while........

The Hippy

The Hippy

Well mostly my skies produced big buds. So I think you will get a decent harvest. When put side by side to other strains they always looked ....well not as nice. But yes, the plant grows pretty big buds with lots of red hairs. Yes I saw Jaybee's grow. He got plants very similar to mine.
I had some folks like it but most preferred other strains and have now discontinued it from our stable. I really hate to rain on you parade before it gets to town. So sorry Man. It may be earthy and floral....but not many liked those characteristics.
Another GT winner is his irainian Chemdog......WOW ....now that plant is dank and huge buds as well. Superb smell and taste
I believe the Doc is a very worth while supplier of some fantastic strains......just not this one. I sure would like to see his results first hand. Maybe I'm just not up to getting results from her.
I kept feeling that if i waited and just kept going on her it would get better. Didn't and wasted a lot of time in the end.

S

SSHZ

Gotcha buddy...... my plan now is to harvest at day 70 no matter what they look like. My friends tend not to be picky as it's always reasonably priced and I typically concentrate on Indica's which often don't have the taste and smell of the sativa's or hybrids. I don't want to spoil them- LOL. With these people their main concern is "effect" and they have learned over time not to judge a book by it's cover.

Thanks for all your input.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Damn this looks fire it makes me super excited to see what cones of cross I have of ES I have the white x ES and it's gonna be sick your looks hella bomb bro good job your killin it I can't Waite to see how they finish up

surferbum6900

surferbum6900

how dense does this plant grow? diffrent from pheno to pheno?

S

SSHZ

Not super dense, other than a few main cola's getting tons of light. But, overall weight is high. Potency has yet to be determined... the taller pheno yields better than the shorter one.

S

SSHZ

Lookin great Aussie...... definitely DIALED in!

I can smell them from here.

jyip

jyip

hey sshz,
just read thru this here ES thread,,,, lots of interesting info....i hope u get pleasantly surprized w/the potency of es...

about iranian indica...in the past descript w/gt and hgf were similiar, like they shared gear IMO anyhow
i had grown hgf millenium which was iranain indica x niagara shiva... some phenos grew like machines, from mersitem to tip of each branch, fat colas of strong pot, up there w/the white widow i used to gro.... in fact i got pics from then,,, they varied alot in flower times 50-60 days+,,, but it filled in the whole plant w/bud/colas

Image520
Image532
genepool

genepool

no u know I got my eye on this beautiful speciman, keep up the dank work SSHZ!

Latest posts

Top Bottom