Enough LED light for my space for a good yield?

• Thread starter Goodbuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goodbuds

Goodbuds

Hey there I have a 2x4x5 tent. I have 2 1200W Philzon dual switch led lights. I've done a few successful grows (nothing like what I see on the interwebs) with these lights, I definitely want to upgrade but that's probably a few months down the road. I do feel like I have to keep my lights closer than I should but my plants don't burn so....any thoughts or suggestions on placement and spacing for 2-3 autoflower in 5gal soil fabric pots with these lights?

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
For a 2x4x5 tent I would go for 2 x 150watt lights from Spider Farmer (because they are forum sponsors and have a discount for members)
I wouldn't really go higher than 300w because it is only 5 ft tall/short... I did chuck 3x150w in my 2x4x6 ft tent myself though.... LOL

growsince79

growsince79

For a 2x4x5 tent I would go for 2 x 150watt lights from Spider Farmer (because they are forum sponsors and have a discount for members)
I wouldn't really go higher than 300w because it is only 5 ft tall/short... I did chuck 3x150w in my 2x4x6 ft tent myself though.... LOL
Does sf make a 150?

Goodbuds

Goodbuds

I'm interested in the es300 or maybe one half that...but I'm wondering if mine (2 Philzon 1200w led) are good enough to run 2 blue dream autos and get a solid yield?

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I don't know what the real wattage of the Philzon are but even if they were only a genuine 120w each they would do a very good job in a 2x4x5 I'm sure, no need to spend money

Goodbuds

Goodbuds

I don't know what the real wattage of the Philzon are but even if they were only a genuine 120w each they would do a very good job in a 2x4x5 I'm sure, no need to spend money
I think they rate at 240 and 241 each, which seems like that should be enough, as I said I have a few grows in but nowhere near the yields I see online. That said, I feel like I've learned alot and am ready to try and get more efficentcy in my grows and hopefully improve my yields. I've ordered a meter, that should help dial things in a bit too.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I somehow doubt those Philzon being that high Watts and not being able to give you a half decent yield, this is my 1st grow with 2 x 150watt Mars Hydro TS1000

20210105 140502

Derelictus

Derelictus

I'm sorry I' don't have any feedback for those Philzon's but I'd be interested to know the true wattage of them and how much heat they generate in a small space like that.

For me, I grow in an Spider Farmer 2x4 (28x55x80) tent, and I know a lot of the guys around here like the Spider Farmer LEDS (as mentioned above), but I took a chance on the ViparSpectra P2500 (250w) for less than $200. Have not completed a grow with them yet, but I'm mildly impressed with how well these Indicas are responding at 22". My footprint grow area is about 2' x 3' and that's about the limit on the P2500. I'll cut the distance in half for flower and see how things shake out. But if this P2500 can pull this off, I think this brand is great cost-effective LED with balls. Potential balls. Little potential balls 😁 but we'll see.

I dove into my first hydro-grow head first, dumped $2K+ and choose to take a chance on a cheaper brand based on a bunch of rave reviews. I'm sure I'm the first to ever do something like that! So far so good, but if I run into issues while in flower I'll swap these lights so fast for the Spider Farmer's my head will spin. Here's to VS's "potential little balls".
20211106 115618

20211106 115508

Goodbuds

Goodbuds

I'm sorry I' don't have any feedback for those Philzon's but I'd be interested to know the true wattage of them and how much heat they generate in a small space like that.

For me, I grow in an Spider Farmer 2x4 (28x55x80) tent, and I know a lot of the guys around here like the Spider Farmer LEDS (as mentioned above), but I took a chance on the ViparSpectra P2500 (250w) for less than $200. Have not completed a grow with them yet, but I'm mildly impressed with how well these Indicas are responding at 22". My footprint grow area is about 2' x 3' and that's about the limit on the P2500. I'll cut the distance in half for flower and see how things shake out. But if this P2500 can pull this off, I think this brand is great cost-effective LED with balls. Potential balls. Little potential balls 😁 but we'll see.

I dove into my first hydro-grow head first, dumped $2K+ and choose to take a chance on a cheaper brand based on a bunch of rave reviews. I'm sure I'm the first to ever do something like that! So far so good, but if I run into issues while in flower I'll swap these lights so fast for the Spider Farmer's my head will spin. Here's to VS's "potential little balls".
View attachment 1186400
View attachment 1186401
Nice looking grow! The Philzon 1200 lights look like they are pushing out enough for 1 plant each. Actual draw says 241, I can't verify that because I'm not sure how to test for it honestly, but I picked up a meter Dr Meter LX 1332B that says it measures LEDs . So I took my measurements and converted then using an online calculator. As far as heat, yes that's a concern too, no problem in my big tent but my closet grow runs from 65 f at night to 85f during lights on, I don't have a humidifier just yet I wanted to see how it all ran without it, (since I had to add a small personal AC which blows out a fine mist) but my RH is low, even with the ac running, topping out around 40%. I've had these lights for a few grows and they seem to run a little hotter this run. Anyway, I'm gonna keep going with these until I can afford the electric sky 180, I think that will bring my yields up to where I want them.

Derelictus

Derelictus

Thank you.

Forever the optimist, I would use those lights 🤪.

I struggled with heat too, but mainly my water temp, which was creepy to 78F throughout the day not long ago. I think my growth stunted for a bit and I got tired of swapping frozen water bottles so added the 1/10th HP chiller. Stoked to have it I dropped the water temp to 70F at which point the buckets began sweating and my RH went to 80 real quick. I backed off 1F to 71F and the sweating stopped and RH went back to 40-45RH consistently. Working in a smaller tent always seems to be a compromise for me. Right now, things seem almost too perfect at 75F Temp / 40RH and 71F water temp. Tomorrow, i'll have some sort or hat dance combined with another sort of fire drill, I'm sure.

Today I started LST to spread these bushy bastards out a bit. I'm hoping to flip the light cycle in 2 weeks. Again "forever the optimist" ;-).

Goodbuds

Goodbuds

Yeah, small tent growing is definitely challenging. I just did an experimental run with 1 gal pots (photoperiod of course) I had some seed I made last year so I wanted to see how the plants react to no veg, really to see if I would do better with these lights growing several small ones or just a couple regular size (3-5gal) on Sept 9th, (harvested Nov 3rd) I started 6 seeds 5 took, of the 5...3 males...which left me with only 2 any damn way 😆. Anyway, two month long story I ended up with 37g of solid quality but larfy buds....I'm also often optimistic. Now I have two autos one under each light and we shall see how that goes.

Top Bottom