Entering 2nd week of flower

• Thread starter JaymzD91
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JaymzD91

JaymzD91

Im entering 2nd week of flower for my Sour Maui and Fruitty Pebbles. Im wondering when to stop the nitrogen and increase the PK. And when, and where to defoliate. Thanks guys!

Entering 2nd week of flower
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

You will get lots of different opinions. After 2 weeks I use 3 parts bloom to 1 part grow. Depending on strain, I quit the grow after about 6 weeks and start adding K.
Here's where opinions differ ...

I don't completely eliminate nitrogen until I'm in my last couple weeks before harvest. I do cut way back on the N to about 1/4 strength when I start adding P and K. I also start with P and K in 1/2 dose strength with my last watering before changing to 12/12 and increasing it through to near full strength as flowering begins to peak. At this point, there is less need for "P" than "K." I'll boost "K" as needed using Potassium Silicate and back off on the "P."

Why do I do it that way? At least using FFOF, I find my plants running out of N way before I want them to. I also want the P and K available when the plant is calling for it. I do this to try to keep the plant green and healthy as long as possible. Towards the final weeks, the plant will fade no matter what. Premature fading hurts the quality of the flower though.

Defoliation - Another hot topic. I prefer to leave the leaves on the tree as much as possible. However, I do lollipop the lower growth, removing much of what would otherwise be larf if it were to finish without any defoliation.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Basically I feel it all depends on the plants.

I do feel that cutting N to early is not a good thing and see many run into the issue of an N starved plant in mid flower.

I like to go 2 weeks at a transition ratio at a min. Although I have found running that to harvest was also good when just adjusting the concentrations.

Top Bottom