Entire shopping list for an advanced aeroponic setup..

• Thread starter piscesaquarist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

piscesaquarist

I posted in the basic growing section but figured I'd share the direction that I've decided to go after gathering A TON of info (and I thought I'd make it easy for the next person)

I have a maximum floor space of 21x23. but this will be a sealed room with the equipment on the outside so the interior size will be 19x15. All sizes are to scale in the pic

I'll be using 12" irrigation pipe with 6" buckets holes every 40". I'm following Coxie's water cooled setup: 16k for 12 plants. Not pictured are the flexible beverage lines that will run perpendicular and parallel to the 12” pipes to equalize the water levels between all the bottoms of the 90 degree elbows and center cross fittings...this is where the 3-head Nutramist foggers will be. In addition air stones will be fed by a HiBlo 80 pump.

Did i miss anything? (I am concerned that my 150gallon reservoir and 2hp chiller is waaaay too small, but with that 3ton a/c do you think I'll be okay?

Break down:

16,000watts for 12 plants TOTAL COST for 12 plants
1000w Harvest Pro Elite Switchable Ballast ($170 each) $2,720
25ft 240v Plug and 25ft Mogul Lamp Socket ($38 each) $608
Fresca Sol Water Cooled Lights ($225 each) $3,600
Bulbs ($50 each) $800
3-head Nutramist Fogger (need 3 per 4 plants $90 each) $810
ActiveAir 16 Inch Oscillating Wall Fan (1per 1k watts, $25 each) $400

Danner Mag-Drive Supreme 36 3600 gph Pump $200
C.A.P. PPM-3 CO2 Monitor / Controller - PPM-3 $380
C02 Pressure Regulator $100
Co2 Tank $80
Chillking 2hp Water Chiller $2,500
DrizAir 1200 Dehumidifier $1,200
Single Zone Ductless Mini Split 36,000 BTU $1,600
HiBlow HP-80 Air Pump $314
Panasonic Whisperline FV-40NLF1 Vent Fans (440cfm) $170
"Phat Filter 24"" Tall 8"" Duct, 600 CFM" $119
Master Lighting Controller, 16-Site 240v 80amps $440
No Flow No Go 110v $255
1” Beverage Lines for water ($1 per foot) $200
55’ 12” irrigation pipe ($4.19 per foot) $230.45
(12) 12” caps ($27.18 each) $244.62
(3) 12” three-way tee ($137 each) $411

Sketchup.png

this last pic is from my clone rack 6" pipe with 3" risers more coming.....

IMG_07141.JPG

K

KiwiFarmer

Nice

Well looks good man cant wait to see wat it all looks like set up cheers

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I am a HVAC guy. Are you switching lights (only 8k on at a time)? If not you won't have enough a/c. You need twice as much if you run all 16k at once. Figure 4000-4500 btus/hr for every 1k of lights if room is insulated and sealed well. I think you need 2 units.

P

piscesaquarist

I am a HVAC guy. Are you switching lights (only 8k on at a time)? If not you won't have enough a/c. You need twice as much if you run all 16k at once. Figure 4000-4500 btus/hr for every 1k of lights if room is insulated and sealed well. I think you need 2 units.

No switching, they'll all be on at the same time...shoot i was concerned that I'd need a 4 or a 5ton unit. I did find a new 5ton on craigslist ($1000) but that's without an air handler or duct work...

J

Jalisco Kid

Have you ran a nutramist system for very long? JK
I would not trust my tomato plants with a danner pump.

P

piscesaquarist

Have you ran a nutramist system for very long? JK
I would not trust my tomato plants with a danner pump.

Never ran a nutramist system, i know they had probs with the 6&10head units but not with the 3-head foggers. And with three units per 4 plants I've got (hopefully) a little redundancy. Do you have any experience/advice/thoughts on the foggers?

Really? No MAG drives? I've used mag drives in my all my aquariums, some are over 5+ years old running 24/7 and I have never had one fail. The ONLY problem I've ever complained about to them is the design. I'd clean them once a month and after popping the impeller cover off I broke a couple of the "nipples" that the screws go into to hold the cover on to the pump.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

No switching, they'll all be on at the same time...shoot i was concerned that I'd need a 4 or a 5ton unit. I did find a new 5ton on craigslist ($1000) but that's without an air handler or duct work...

You need 6 tons. Look into 2-3 ton mini splits. You will spend a little more but I think you will be happier. The outside unit is quietest type made.

P

piscesaquarist

CannabisJohn, I sourced a brand new 5 ton, 6 ton gets into commercial which is big $$$ I'm running a sealed room with Co2 from a bottle, would you put the air handler in the room or outside the room next to the rest of the equipment? (Ballasts reservoir etc)

Seems to me that the it'd be best to keep the handler in the room so the entire unit doesn't get heat soak from the ballasts, i wouldn't think that the blower fan would create that much heat. And now that I really think about it, it would probably be best to move the water reservoir (for cooling the lights) into the room as well with the water chiller on the out side of the wall chilling it then passing it back into the room.

F

freelove7

Water Cooled lights?

I see your installing water cooled lights and I was wondering what your conclusion was with them. They sound great and I initially thought about going with them for my setup. However, many of the people here gave me the impression that the amount of money and lumen loss was not worth it.

Do you have them yet and how do they seem to work?

Also, it seems to me that if you do have the water cooled lights you would not need 4500 btu's per light but only 3000 btu's. Don't take my word for it, but as the Fresca Sol guys.

Anyway, your setup looks great. I wish I could have one like that. Do you have any pic's yet?

P

piscesaquarist

I see your installing water cooled lights and I was wondering what your conclusion was with them. They sound great and I initially thought about going with them for my setup. However, many of the people here gave me the impression that the amount of money and lumen loss was not worth it.

Do you have them yet and how do they seem to work?

Also, it seems to me that if you do have the water cooled lights you would not need 4500 btu's per light but only 3000 btu's. Don't take my word for it, but as the Fresca Sol guys.

Anyway, your setup looks great. I wish I could have one like that. Do you have any pic's yet?

Thanks..I'm still building the room, check my gallery for one pic of the setup which was taken two weeks ago. I'll take another this weekend. I did get them and I just starting hanging them this last weekend. My overall conclusion was the lumen loss doesn't matter if can have the lights closer to the plant and have the plant grow much bigger. They're actually getting more light the closer they are to the lamps.

*EDIT I checked my gallery and for some reason this pic doesn't come up:

IMG_.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom