Environment, pests, or disease, anyone know?

• Thread starter KnownothingKnowitall
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
You got any decent air movement in that environment?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Go to the local garden store and buy some Rove Beetles. They will eat every critter in there and clean the bad spots from your plants. Totally natural, no chemicals. When everything is dead, they will leave.

KnownothingKnowitall

KnownothingKnowitall

You need to spray insecticidal treatment once a week until you start seeing budlets.
Damn!! They're only 2 weeks old, might just be a better option to clean house and start over with new everything after sterilizing

It'd be a bit upsetting to give up on them though ☹

Ponky

Ponky

Damn!! They're only 2 weeks old, might just be a better option to clean house and start over with new everything after sterilizing

Oh no no..its just maintenence. Safers 3 in 1 is my preffered choice. It's organic and not harsh. Thrips are a low tier pest. Everything else is a bigger deal. Thrips is like dandruff. No big deal. Easy to fix. With Sulphur and insecticidal soap. No big deal. You can spray it on berries and eat them the next day.

Ponky

Ponky

But if you do decide to full break it down and clean. Use some household cleaner. Then use peroxide and ozone. Nuke the area. Kill everything that is alive. I had thrips. I had spider mites once too. I used Germalene cleaner. Peroxide and ozone. Gone. Never came back.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Don't spray anything yet.
Never spray until you know what it is.
That could be 2 or three things off the top of my head.

Get one of these so you can get some pix we can see and really diagnose.

Microscope
KnownothingKnowitall

KnownothingKnowitall

Don't spray anything yet.
Never spray until you know what it is.
That could be 2 or three things off the top of my head.

Get one of these so you can get some pix we can see and really diagnose.
Well I've got a few things on order, my space is a little haphazardly thrown together since I really wanted to get started so I'll add this one to the list and hopefully have it soon

KnownothingKnowitall

KnownothingKnowitall

But if you do decide to full break it down and clean. Use some household cleaner. Then use peroxide and ozone. Nuke the area. Kill everything that is alive. I had thrips. I had spider mites once too. I used Germalene cleaner. Peroxide and ozone. Gone. Never came back

Sounds like a pretty good solution but I'll probably hold off on going nuclear until I can figure something out, much appreciated 👍

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
plants that size i’d move to a room and clean/nuke the growing area, only take a day, way better than spraying the plants etc.

KnownothingKnowitall

KnownothingKnowitall

plants that size i’d move to a room and clean/nuke the growing area, only take a day, way better than spraying the plants etc.
I'm not seeing anything but wouldn't any pests still be on the plants and in the soil ?

Ponky

Ponky

I'm not seeing anything but wouldn't any pests still be on the plants and in the soil ?
Yeah have to get rid of everything and start fresh after you nuke the space. New air filters. Wait til this crop is done. And do full clean and reset.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

Don't give up, that's bad habit to start. Stay the course. Wait until things become a little more hopeless.
That's my suggestion anyhow, this can be a learning experience.

You can beat these guys.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
well ya, just saying if you wanted to clean up than go ahead,
i normally just before flowering pull the plants out and do a pretty thorough cleaning with peroxide, clean the equipment with isopropyl.. just as part of maintenance never had pest ever.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
You'll be amazed at how much simple cleaning and maintenance can achieve against pest an infestations. I had them for years on end (russet/broad mites of the worst kind) without interruption, it was truly depressing. Every time I went to flower, the same thing...

Then I came here, changed some of my tactics, more cleaning and maintenance, and I've not seen a single infestation since.

KnownothingKnowitall

KnownothingKnowitall

Don't give up, that's bad habit to start. Stay the course. Wait until things become a little more hopeless.
That's my suggestion anyhow, this can be a learning experience.

You can beat these guys.
I like that attitude I'm gunna go Sherlock Holmes on this bitch and figure it out

KnownothingKnowitall

KnownothingKnowitall

Ok I think I can confirm

Even though I still can't see anything on the plants in my tent and I might have to bust out an old magnifying glass I have packed away somewhere
I went out into my garden in the back yard and just before the sun went down I found some red spidery bastards crawling around on my basil and since my dog seems to have no boundaries I think it's safe to say they caught a ride in to the house. I didn't think it was spider mites since none of the pics online look like the leaf damage I'm seeing, but Damn!!....The insidious bastards are going after my cannabis and my pasta sauce. I'm heading to my favorite grow supply store tomorrow to pick up some 3/1 and to my garden supply for some insect soap for my back yard

I checked my garden before but I guess I didn't look close enough
Thanks for all the help y'all I'll be practicing some serious disinfecting and maintenance from now on as well

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Ok I think I can confirm

Even though I still can't see anything on the plants in my tent and I might have to bust out an old magnifying glass I have packed away somewhere
I went out into my garden in the back yard and just before the sun went down I found some red spidery bastards crawling around on my basil and since my dog seems to have no boundaries I think it's safe to say they caught a ride in to the house. I didn't think it was spider mites since none of the pics online look like the leaf damage I'm seeing, but Damn!!....The insidious bastards are going after my cannabis and my pasta sauce. I'm heading to my favorite grow supply store tomorrow to pick up some 3/1 and to my garden supply for some insect soap for my back yard

I checked my garden before but I guess I didn't look close enough
Thanks for all the help y'all I'll be practicing some serious disinfecting and maintenance from now on as well
Bugs are generally hitch hikers, we, or an animal in this particular case are often the unwitting vectors, no doubt about that one.

Top Bottom